SM Number 1 as usual (I won’t be surprised if JYP takes the crown next year) but bighit really suck in there .... with ease might I add ... this gap 💀
songs being successful doesn’t even matter that much. concerts is where the money is. They will be fine as long as YG is sending iKON on multiple successful concerts like yg has done since their debut.Honestly, SM is mainly keeping their place as the top 1 company because of all their side businesses. And with EXO serving and RV less active, they'll need to debut some super successful groups in the coming year to keep their place. I feel like if BH debuts more successful groups and if they branch out more, theyll be #1 soon enough. As for YG, their side businesses all fail and their only saving grace at this point is Black Pink and they literally only come back once a year. iKON and Winner have successful songs under their belt but it doesn't seem like their really constantly successful. Really depends on their music. So yeh, with how YG is going, even if they're not out of the Big 3 yet, they will be soon enough.
I'm not saying they'll no longer make money after EXO enlists, but they'll no longer be a threat. Right now, EXO and RV are their only top groups with EXO being one of the top boy groups and RV being one of the top 5 girl groups. So although they'll still be making money, they have no contenders for that top spot like they consistently have since they first established. And I really wonder if they ever will be one of the top idol groups for long unless they manage to debut a new top girl group and new top boy group. NCT seems to be too experimental at the moment to really become a top group everyone recognises (although they do have a huge fandom) and there's literally nothing on the ngg yet and all these companies are debuting promising girl groups left and right.songs being successful doesn’t even matzer that much. concerts is where the money is. They will be fine as long as YG is sending iKON on multiple successful concerts like yg has done since their debut.
I wouldn’t say that sm is just keeping thwir place. The company will still be fine even when exo enlists. TVXQ still earns the most money I believe, Supee Junior is doing gigs after gigs.
I honestly don’t think that a new bg will debut under sm for now. Almost all male trainees are joining nct currently.I'm not saying they'll no longer make money after EXO enlists, but they'll no longer be a threat. Right now, EXO and RV are their only top groups with EXO being one of the top boy groups and RV being one of the top 5 girl groups. So although they'll still be making money, they have no contenders for that top spot like they consistently have since they first established. And I really wonder if they ever will be one of the top idol groups for long unless they manage to debut a new top girl group and new top boy group. NCT seems to be too experimental at the moment to really become a top group everyone recognises (although they do have a huge fandom) and there's literally nothing on the ngg yet and all these companies are debuting promising girl groups left and right.
Unless they're going for that NGG spot with their new GG whenever that debuts, I think SM isnt too concerned with debuting a #1 group any longer. They're too diversified as a business now and what LSM wants is "global localization" which is kinda what NCT wants to accomplish. Both SM and JYP see this as the next evolution of the Kpop model- rather than having one group appeal to all countries and demographics, they want to debut newer groups that sing and dance in the language of their target markets. JYP is already planning that with Boy Story and their rumored Japanese GG, I expect SM to do the same with NCT, WayV and more to follow.I'm not saying they'll no longer make money after EXO enlists, but they'll no longer be a threat. Right now, EXO and RV are their only top groups with EXO being one of the top boy groups and RV being one of the top 5 girl groups. So although they'll still be making money, they have no contenders for that top spot like they consistently have since they first established. And I really wonder if they ever will be one of the top idol groups for long unless they manage to debut a new top girl group and new top boy group. NCT seems to be too experimental at the moment to really become a top group everyone recognises (although they do have a huge fandom) and there's literally nothing on the ngg yet and all these companies are debuting promising girl groups left and right.
I guess you're right. But th new girl group has been rumored to debut since 2015 now. And it's SM, I feel like if they wanted to debut a group, they would just go for it. But then again, I know literally nothing about how the entertainment industry works. To me, RV, f(x) and SHINee were all sudden debuts since they all debuted in less than a week after being announced but who knows how long they were in the works before their official debut.I honestly don’t think that a new bg will debut under sm for now. Almost all male trainees are joining nct currently.
nothing much is going with ngg. I think Bel told me that they will probably debut next year.
For the most part it‘s about timing. You can’t just debut a group just because you want to. Right now so many huge rookies debuted that even a sm rookie could be overlooked.
That's a pretty good argument. It makes a lot of sense.Unless they're going for that NGG spot with their new GG whenever that debuts, I think SM isnt too concerned with debuting a #1 group any longer. They're too diversified as a business now and what LSM wants is "global localization" which is kinda what NCT wants to accomplish. Both SM and JYP see this as the next evolution of the Kpop model- rather than having one group appeal to all countries and demographics, they want to debut newer groups that sing and dance in the language of their target markets. JYP is already planning that with Boy Story and their rumored Japanese GG, I expect SM to do the same with NCT, WayV and more to follow.
This is why I believe SM will remain #1 for some time to come. They might not have a top group like EXO for a while, but unlike fans, SM doesn't see BTS as direct competition. Their competition is agencies like BigHit, JYP and YG. A diversified business strategy will help them in the long run once their NCT "investment" and other projects start to yield returns.
This is mostly my speculation based on what I've seen and some info available though so there's that![]()
HONESTLY ME!!!!!I'll acknowledge BigHit when they debut a girl group
Its gonna be interesting how they will continue after blackpink. like at this point blackpink doesn't really need YG in terms of popularityYG just doesn't have the same pull as they used to. No doubt iKON makes a lot of money from touring and Blackpink is successful, but other companies simply have more groups (well... besides BigHit), more frequent comebacks, better sales, bigger tours.
deadass red velvet lowkey carried SM. i noticed now they really are shifting there focus on NCT and most likely SMNGG will come in next yearHonestly, SM is mainly keeping their place as the top 1 company because of all their side businesses. And with EXO serving and RV less active, they'll need to debut some super successful groups in the coming year to keep their place. I feel like if BH debuts more successful groups and if they branch out more, theyll be #1 soon enough. As for YG, their side businesses all fail and their only saving grace at this point is Black Pink and they literally only come back once a year. iKON and Winner have successful songs under their belt but it doesn't seem like their really constantly successful. Really depends on their music. So yeh, with how YG is going, even if they're not out of the Big 3 yet, they will be soon enough.
I cant stand yall! 😂😂😂 (real intellectuals been knew blackpink been queens 🤩)Wait does it mean Blackpink can finally be acknowledge as queens now because they achieve so much as a nugu group from a nugu of the nugu company YG?? Yesss finally no more 'Big3 privilege sluts' comment from idiotic haters!![]()
That might be the case but YG technically gave Blackpink that popularity in the first place; their name, brand, and sound are the product of YG.Its gonna be interesting how they will continue after blackpink. like at this point blackpink doesn't really need YG in terms of popularity
That's true for a majority of the groups out there and every 3rd gen YG group owes a lot of their popularity and brand to the companyThat might be the case but YG technically gave Blackpink that popularity in the first place; their name, brand, and sound are the product of YG.