Isn't it weird... (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
That Groups and Soloists of the same gender are seen differently?
Like, I am a GG stan, but I don't really have an interest in that many female soloists.
I do like some female soloists but I also don't mind male soloists either and have listened and liked them, but I am really not into BG.
I am more invested in GG but for female soloists, I want them to do well and although I may love some songs, I will never stan them unless they come out of my ultimate bias group and they are my ultimate bias member, then yeah, I will keep stanning that member.
I just listened to Lee Hi, and although I loved her HOLO song, I still don't think I'll stan her. I love IU and I love some of her songs, but again, I don't think I can stan her, I like Somi and think she's amazing, but again, I won't stan her, and the same with Taeyeon.

Does anyone know why this is?

@Boy Group @Girl Group
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I don't stan any soloists unless they are from a group I like and then make a solo debut.
I currently don't stan any Korean groups or soloists but I used to follow N.CA for example :kijoongstare:
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,594
Reactions Received
43,659
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,402
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
honestly i feel like it all depends on the person, to me it's not like that and while i am mostly into girl groups if i like someone's music i will stan them no matter if they're a group, subunit, soloist or whatever else they have. maybe also there's the fact that most groups get more activities outside of releasing music like variety and stuff and soloists usually don't (correct me if i'm wrong, this was an assumption) so if you care about things like that groups feel more entertaining than solo artists. to me there is no difference really :jisoosmh:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,383
Reactions Received
151,392
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Tbh soloists usually aren’t my thing, though there are exceptions, both male and female. Id say I listen to more male soloists though.
 

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,120
Reactions Received
46,782
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,009
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I have more boy groups in my library than girl groups, so I'd say I'm quite the boy group stan! I do have a few soloists, though, but mostly groups.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Soloists are usually not interesting because they have no consistent interactions with anyone so no shipping, which is the entire fun part of fandom
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
For like Snsd, RV members i all ready stan them going solo will not make me stan them more.
So i buy the albums but typically just the version. (although i did buy 8 Wendy but i was afraid she would get hosed.)

Eunji
Sejeong
Jiyoung(aka bol 4 now )
these i also buy.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,010
Reactions Received
52,916
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
169,929
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
For me kpop soloists tend to hv less variety/reality n interactions which their personality/character as much as when they r in a grp/ggs; i think even IU took awhile to become a superstar n she had to be on a lot of variety shows i think (cos she had no grp members to interact with so her interactons were with the cast of shows she was on). For me i hardly stan any soloist who isnt in a grp, maybe only Sica rn. Even Taeyeon the soloist doesnt seem as compelling to me as Taengoo on Amazing Saturday, who i can see every week being interesting dictationing lyrics for i think 10 mths now. Contrast Somi who barely pops up throughout the year. I still love her but miss seeing her. Kinda same with Chungha, n Sunmi- i might still not stan if they appeared on more variety/reality shows but it wouldnt hurt ig.
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think that's interesting!

For myself I like male and female soloists and I stan both so I haven't really faced that difference but in the West I definitely prefer female soloists to a female group. I think the recent girl group that I noticed was Boys World? they're very talented but usually I'm not into western girl groups
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I do see your point
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I am a girl group stan who also stan some female soloists and since two years, I even prefer female soloists music to a lot of girl groups but it's true that I stan girl groups harder than female soloists. I think that it's because female soloists will rely more on public interest and girl groups will rely on it too but will also try to build a loyal fanbase so they will realese more content with some fan interaction.
 
Joined
1 August 2019
Messages
2,819
Reactions Received
4,468
Location
☾ the other side of the moon ☽
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,802
Fandom
☾ gg stan ☽
Gender
Bi-Gender
Pronouns
☾ he/she ☽
i never really noticed this before !! :dubuthink: i'm a cherryb, gain, minseo, somi, taeyeon, and youha fan. i do find groups more interesting because of the different voices, dances, and group dynamics, though
 
  • Like
Reactions: spicy_illusion

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread