Everyday is a struggle. I am this one girl who no one noticed is struggling in the background. I am broke, yet can't control my emotional spending. I need a scholarship so bad yet can't sit my ass and study. I have no decent sleep. Barely function with coffee. Not at peace in home so I only come home to sleep. Can't feel close to anyone and just lost a best friend. Far away from mom and dad I'm not used to, in a country where I struggle to speak the language more than ordering a coffee or holding a daily conversation. Have anxiety yet studying probably the most stressful major to ever exist and not feeling smart enough for it.
I know barely anyone here knows me and I know this isn't the right place to write this, but I guess this shows how desperate I am because I can't even afford to see a psychologist.
I'm so sorry for my existence. Just pass by.
I actually can relate to a lot of things you're going through
I'm broke and i can't control my emotional spending too but i think a did a really good work on this and don't spend as much as i used to
i don't know if it'll help you too, but for example before i used to just buy whatever my mood tell me to buy and now i buy the neccessity and when i feel that i'm going to spend on something just because of my feelings, i stop and ask myself " do i really need this in my life ? If i need something with thee same use, can't i use something that i already have and might do the same thing "
and i notice that it made me spend much less money on useless things
I also had the bad habit of going shopping when i feel bored or bad and also because i love fashion
i also had a scholarship but because i wasn't focusing enough on studying when i enter college i lose it for One year
and one thing i did to stop doing tons of things to avoid studying, is to go to the college library because studying on your own is not helpful if you're not the type of people who can work alone
while working in a place where there's no other distraction and all the people around you are working, it motivates you to stay and focus on your study
also do not do like most people and just go there and go full on working non stop,
set you some goals, like today i'll do the entire chapter of this lesson or today i'll stay and study there for 3 hours and then go home and do something else
in college, rest is as important than studying
I also had no decent sleep for years, i remember for months i could only sleep 3-4 hours and then spend a whole day in school non stop
and drinking an infusion before sleep and reading a book really helped me to sleep better.
Because a lot of infusion have a relaxing effect on the body, and a lot of times the reason why you can't sleep is because you have a lot on your mind and using technology device before sleeping isn't great either because it excite your brain
while reading help your brain focusing on a task so you doesn't really think about something else, and reading tired your eyes so you'll quickly fall asleep
then for the "not being able to feel close to people" i totally relate i used to be friends with people for 1 year and then move on because i couldn't create an emotional attach to them, and because i always keep some wall around me and always being very private about myself
and tbh the only advice i can give you is force yourself
force yourself to ask people to go hang out, force yourself to be more open about yourself and the subject you talk with people
because forcing yourself will help you to let your defense down, at first it'll be weird and not natural to you and you'll be uncomfortable
but more you do it, more naturally it'll be
when you're able to let your defense down is in a way, a way for you to gain confidence, and have more ease to create an emotional attachment to people
and finally about the part of being not smart enough to study the major you're in, i totally relate because i always felt this
I'm in law school, and the first year i really struggle i repeated my 2 first years, because i couldn't study because i always felt that even if i study it would never be enough because i would never be as smart than other kids who have lawyers as parents, or teacher from college as parents,
so i didn't really give my everything in my study, it's call the "impostor syndrom" you feel that you're not good enough even if you won your spot there
and for me it really took me a long time, like 4th year, to finally think " actually i deserve to be here, and i'm as smart than everybody"
when i enter my 4th year, and i was the only person who repeated years in college, when everybody else had a perfect run in college
so i went with a mindset of "well at the moment i'm not doing too bad, it's good enough"
and i try to do what i consider the minimum a college student should do to success, while everybody were working their ass off, going everyday to every classes
and then we had our first semester exam result and i end up in the top 4 of the student
and it's at this moment that i understood that other people aren't smarter than me, and i'm not stupid or don't deserve to be at the same place than them
i was just not giving enough effort to do well, because i lack confidence, because i didn't have the right technics to sit at a place and study
and doing all the things i told you previously really help me to realize this
Damn i didn't realize it was so long, but i related too much with your comment, that i really wanted to help you the best i can
I know in fact our experience might be different, but i really hope that some of the things i told you can help you
and i know i'm nobody so there's nothing you think that you need to listen to me
but i'm currently in my last year of law school and i know how messy and chaotic my journey in college was because i had no friends who already experienced college, nobody in my family went to college before me, so i had nobody to help me and guide me through this journey
so if i can be this "friend" who can give you some advice that help me go through all of this, and help you to go through your journey with more ease, it would be a pleasure
btw just by curiosity, in which country do you live currently ? maybe we are in the same one and i can give you advice to adjust to the country ?