I've almost stopped listening to kpop (2 Viewers)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
I remember when I listened to so many different groups and artists and the majority of the music that I listened to was kpop. However, over the past year or two, I've found that the amount of Kpop that I listen to has decreased to the point where I now only listen to it once in a while - And even then, that is mostly just limited to IU, AKMU, Taeyeon and Red Velvet (and even then, I don't listen to Taeyeon and RV as much as I used to). A good way of putting all of this into perspective. I haven't listened to Wendy's new album yet and I'm not sure when I'll make the time to give it a listen.

Honestly, nowadays I mostly just listen to 80's hits, 80's Citypop, New Retro/Synthwave and Lofi.... I feel like I am at that stage now where I just enjoy having music on as background sound when reading a book, relaxing at home, browsing the internet or when going for a drive in the car.


I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this? Especially with groups/artists that you would always make time out of your day to stream their new releases.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
imo I wouldn't stop kpop even gradually
it always so fun and interesting.

Gonna listen to it for a few years yet.
 
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,320
Reactions Received
55,075
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
283,890
it's perfectly valid my friend
we grow up, we change, have different priorities / interests
some of our interests can change and maybe for you it's less kpop focused...

but and I will say this - with all due respect my friend this is a kpop forum after all - so in all likelihood most of the people here are here for kpop
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
it's perfectly valid my friend
we grow up, we change, have different priorities / interests
some of our interests can change and maybe for you it's less kpop focused...

but and I will say this - with all due respect my friend this is a kpop forum after all - so in all likelihood most of the people here are here for kpop
Can I get an amen!
 

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
Oh definitely. I stopped actively discovering groups maybe 4 years ago. I still have my faves but it takes me months to even listen to their comebacks. I just prefer to discover other artists in other genres.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: SeulPika and Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Oh definitely. I stopped actively discovering groups maybe 4 years ago. I still have my faves but it takes me months to even listen to their comebacks. I just prefer to discover other artists in other genres.
Why does it sound like me?
 
  • Love
Reactions: Tickita
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I am basically the same… I rarely listen to anything Korean recently. I might check few stuff from time to time but I don’t really listen more than once unless there is a song that stand out to me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SeulPika
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,413
Reactions Received
9,435
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,673
Gender
Male
I mostly just listen to 80's hits, 80's Citypop, New Retro/Synthwave and Lofi....
Taste. :sakUwu:

I stopped being part of the idol cult. No biases anymore. Currently, K-Pop is just another music genre I listen to.

I'm eagerly awaiting CRAXY's comeback. And after I listened to Dreamcatcher's amazing 2024 concert versions of 'The Curse of the Spider' and 'Lullaby' I hope that this live band sound will get their new signature sound. Dreamcatcher with live band is the real deal for me.



 
  • Like
Reactions: SeulPika and Willow
Joined
6 December 2021
Messages
31,373
Reactions Received
36,645
Location
Raven Guardian
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
161,088
Fandom
Blink/Monstiez
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Reflet
Wreck
it's perfectly valid my friend
we grow up, we change, have different priorities / interests
some of our interests can change and maybe for you it's less kpop focused...

but and I will say this - with all due respect my friend this is a kpop forum after all - so in all likelihood most of the people here are here for kpop
You're not wrong, this speaks for all of us :sanapray:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Selfmate and Willow

ChiaraStar169

bite the apple, baby!
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,124
Reactions Received
46,794
Location
irritating the metalheads
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,412
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I'm already six years into the fandom (four years taking it seriously), but I still very much love it! Especially checking out new groups (and praying they don't go nugu lol).
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,014
Reactions Received
52,919
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
170,196
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
This seems to be me but for indie western mysic after 30 yrs mostly listening to Suzanne Vega, Tori Amos, R.E.M n others maybe too obscure to mention. I went to the few concerts/performances by Suzanne Vega, Rachael Yamagata, Vienna Teng, even R.E.Monce in the 90s here n Tori Amos in London also in the 90s (but before the R.E.M concert here)

Then i hit a slump for a few yrs before i started stanning SNSD in 2018(after first hearing but then sleeping on them/kpop from 2009) now iv mostlygotten into a mini slump of some kind, i hv listened n mostly casually only but nthg has gotten my attention much since IVE debuted/mostly only IVE's releases/or aespa new songs since i added IVE to my stan list. I do casually listen some to gidle/songs by my stan groups or try to but nthg caught my attention recently except Seola 'without U'.even tat i dint listen to it as much as i did previous songs by my stan grps.mebbe im just getting old.
 
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,415
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I am still hard core
i only watch Kpop or kpopish jpop ( ie akb, ME:I) videos and related content.
my Spotify when it works (atm it says my pass word is wrong but will not send me a reset lol) is over 1000 songs all kpop on shuffle.

while i have 100's of 60-90's pop / rock country ect cd maybe once a month ill listen to them.

heck my new car came with sirus and i even stopped listing to any of the offering's after 2 ties driving the car.

now picking up new stan groups is a bit slow but i have always been picky.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Moguri

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,770
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
I am still hard core
i only watch Kpop or kpopish jpop ( ie akb, ME:I) videos and related content.
my Spotify when it works (atm it says my pass word is wrong but will not send me a reset lol) is over 1000 songs all kpop on shuffle.

while i have 100's of 60-90's pop / rock country ect cd maybe once a month ill listen to them.

heck my new car came with sirus and i even stopped listing to any of the offering's after 2 ties driving the car.

now picking up new stan groups is a bit slow but i have always been picky.
what is your newest stan group? :pepelook:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,585
Reactions Received
93,415
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
186,783
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
what is your newest stan group? :pepelook:
IZ*ONE
There are a bunch of groups newer than that, Under stan in follow. That I have bought albums for,
Like Rocket Punch
Cherry Bullet
StayC
Weeekly
Kep1er
ssera
Ive

some of these I have all of the albums.

ME:I may be my next stan group i am kinda excited about what they will bring.
UNIS atm i like a few members but am waiting on music.

i have learned 1 or 2 member's will not get me to stan. I have to like all of em along with the music.
And they really only have a 1 year window from debut.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Moguri

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,025
Reactions Received
98,770
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,428
Ship
Wreck
IZ*ONE
There are a bunch of groups newer than that, Under stan in follow. That I have bought albums for,
Like Rocket Punch
Cherry Bullet
StayC
Weeekly
Kep1er
ssera
Ive

some of these I have all of the albums.

ME:I may be my next stan group i am kinda excited about what they will bring.
UNIS atm i like a few members but am waiting on music.

i have learned 1 or 2 member's will not get me to stan. I have to like all of em along with the music.
And they really only have a 1 year window from debut.
IZ*One the newest, that is a bit slow yeah :jisoosmh:

But Moguri also only stans 2 groups, so I'm kinda slow too :llama_blush:
 
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
However, over the past year or two, I've found that the amount of Kpop that I listen to has decreased to the point where I now only listen to it once in a while - And even then, that is mostly just limited to IU, AKMU, Taeyeon and Red Velvet (and even then, I don't listen to Taeyeon and RV as much as I used to).
Red Velvet is the only group that's keeping me in Kpop today.

Honestly, nowadays I mostly just listen to 80's hits, 80's Citypop, New Retro/Synthwave and Lofi.... I feel like I am at that stage now where I just enjoy having music on as background sound when reading a book, relaxing at home, browsing the internet or when going for a drive in the car.
Nothing wrong with that. We grow and move on. Sometimes the music grows with us, and sometimes it doesn't.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread