I've become a weeb... (1 Viewer)

Baechu

레드벨벳
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,802
Reactions Received
44,544
Location
KWANGYA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
...again.
I've been a weeb before until kpop took over my world. :wimwim:
I've basically been outside the weebzone for like 2- 3 years now and I only rewatched some animes on and off...
Until I rewatched SAO aka my first anime aka the anime everyone hates including me but I still watch it cuz it's entertaining (and cuz its like my first love).

and yes I gave it a 10/10 on MAL, dont judge me :wimwim:

adaaa.PNG


The next thing I knew was that I binged all SAO seasons in 4 days and demon slayer somewhere in between (111 episodes) :wimwim:

here is my MAL feel free judge to add me :wimwim:


My knowledge of the most recent animes is non existent, so please give me some recs :wimwim: I like all genres except for horror or mecha and cultured anime :wimwim:

I was thinking about Kaguya-sama: Love is war mayb.

@Ozymandias @Soleski @NASA @Mangoey
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
:haylul: good that you finally made this thread
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
There is no escape :jenniesmug:

I also took bit of break, somewhere 2013-2015 I guess i'm not sure xd I'm all in now though, wanting to catch up to everything I missed.. but somehow ending up just watching seasonal anime :facepalm:

Recent anime recs? I will go by year:

Ongoing this season (2020):

- Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun



Supernatural mystery anime with creepy cute art style. It's mostly supernatural mystery, but has lot of comedy and hints of romance. I have heard that it gets sadder/darker as it goes on though, not sure which one though xd

Honorable mentions: Kyokou Suiri, Darwin Game

Best of 2019:

Fruits Basket (2019)



Fruits Basket is back and it's better than ever. Second season of remake is going to air around spring season so it's good time to hop on the train one of shoujo classics.

Kanata no Astra



Space mystery, with proper spaceship and no mechas! Best to go in blind, cause there is many plottwist and you don't want to get spoiled with that one (I sadly got spoiled with one major things).

Dr.Stone



Apart from Kimetsu no Yaiba, popular shonen of the year.


Also there is definitely Mob Psycho you should check out, but first season came 2016 so it's bit older. Still best of the year though. Also Vinland Saga is really loved, I'm not just strongly on that board but it might take Crunchyrolls anime of the year from Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Best of 2018

Hinamatsuri



There is probably no anime that made me both laugh and cry as much as I did during this one. It's both comedic, and really feelsy shonen series with some telepathic powers in the mix.

Violet Evergarden



Beautiful and you will also cry

Zombieland Saga



Only idol anime I will like. Basically this one guy is trying to make girl group from bunch of zombie girls for some reason.

Honorable mentions: Megalobox, Cells at Work



:lazypotato: :lazypotato: :lazypotato: it's a lot xd
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck

Baechu

레드벨벳
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,802
Reactions Received
44,544
Location
KWANGYA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
There is no escape :jenniesmug:

I also took bit of break, somewhere 2013-2015 I guess i'm not sure xd I'm all in now though, wanting to catch up to everything I missed.. but somehow ending up just watching seasonal anime :facepalm:

Recent anime recs? I will go by year:

Ongoing this season (2020):

- Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun



Supernatural mystery anime with creepy cute art style. It's mostly supernatural mystery, but has lot of comedy and hints of romance. I have heard that it gets sadder/darker as it goes on though, not sure which one though xd

Honorable mentions: Kyokou Suiri, Darwin Game

Best of 2019:

Fruits Basket (2019)



Fruits Basket is back and it's better than ever. Second season of remake is going to air around spring season so it's good time to hop on the train one of shoujo classics.

Kanata no Astra



Space mystery, with proper spaceship and no mechas! Best to go in blind, cause there is many plottwist and you don't want to get spoiled with that one (I sadly got spoiled with one major things).

Dr.Stone



Apart from Kimetsu no Yaiba, popular shonen of the year.


Also there is definitely Mob Psycho you should check out, but first season came 2016 so it's bit older. Still best of the year though. Also Vinland Saga is really loved, I'm not just strongly on that board but it might take Crunchyrolls anime of the year from Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Best of 2018

Hinamatsuri



There is probably no anime that made me both laugh and cry as much as I did during this one. It's both comedic, and really feelsy shonen series with some telepathic powers in the mix.

Violet Evergarden



Beautiful and you will also cry

Zombieland Saga



Only idol anime I will like. Basically this one guy is trying to make girl group from bunch of zombie girls for some reason.

Honorable mentions: Megalobox, Cells at Work



:lazypotato: :lazypotato: :lazypotato: it's a lot xd
Omg thanks for the effort :maheart:
I‘ll definitely add most of them to my plan to watch list and maybe I‘ll start with Dr. Stone or Violet Evergarden soon cuz I already heard a lot about them.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Omg thanks for the effort :maheart:
I‘ll definitely add most of them to my plan to watch list and maybe I‘ll start with Dr. Stone or Violet Evergarden soon cuz I already heard a lot about them.
Your welcome ^^

They are both pretty great. I wasn't first into Dr.Stone, character design rly threw me off but I got more into it as it went on and started to like most of the cast. Violet Evergarden is already a classic and everybody should watch it ^^
 

Baechu

레드벨벳
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,802
Reactions Received
44,544
Location
KWANGYA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Wreck
Your welcome ^^

They are both pretty great. I wasn't first into Dr.Stone, character design rly threw me off but I got more into it as it went on and started to like most of the cast. Violet Evergarden is already a classic and everybody should watch it ^^
Yeah, Violet Evergarden really caught my eye because of how beautiful it looks. It‘s on Netfliy as well, which makes it easier to watch for me. I‘ll give it a shot this week and let u know how it was :maheart:
 

perhapz

ab imo pectore
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
6,070
Reactions Received
31,387
Location
🏰 & 🍀
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
There is no escape :jenniesmug:

I also took bit of break, somewhere 2013-2015 I guess i'm not sure xd I'm all in now though, wanting to catch up to everything I missed.. but somehow ending up just watching seasonal anime :facepalm:

Recent anime recs? I will go by year:

Ongoing this season (2020):

- Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun



Supernatural mystery anime with creepy cute art style. It's mostly supernatural mystery, but has lot of comedy and hints of romance. I have heard that it gets sadder/darker as it goes on though, not sure which one though xd

Honorable mentions: Kyokou Suiri, Darwin Game

Best of 2019:

Fruits Basket (2019)



Fruits Basket is back and it's better than ever. Second season of remake is going to air around spring season so it's good time to hop on the train one of shoujo classics.

Kanata no Astra



Space mystery, with proper spaceship and no mechas! Best to go in blind, cause there is many plottwist and you don't want to get spoiled with that one (I sadly got spoiled with one major things).

Dr.Stone



Apart from Kimetsu no Yaiba, popular shonen of the year.


Also there is definitely Mob Psycho you should check out, but first season came 2016 so it's bit older. Still best of the year though. Also Vinland Saga is really loved, I'm not just strongly on that board but it might take Crunchyrolls anime of the year from Kimetsu no Yaiba.

Best of 2018

Hinamatsuri



There is probably no anime that made me both laugh and cry as much as I did during this one. It's both comedic, and really feelsy shonen series with some telepathic powers in the mix.

Violet Evergarden



Beautiful and you will also cry

Zombieland Saga



Only idol anime I will like. Basically this one guy is trying to make girl group from bunch of zombie girls for some reason.

Honorable mentions: Megalobox, Cells at Work



:lazypotato: :lazypotato: :lazypotato: it's a lot xd
I double the rec on Hinamatsuri, it's so good
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread