- Joined
- 4 December 2018
- Messages
- 3,200
- Reactions Received
- 11,455
- Location
- USA
- Website
- emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 205
- Fandom
- Once, Sone
- Gender
- Male
I've Never Seen Someone So Adorably Destroy A Wendy's
So I was at Wendy's about 30 minutes ago. You know. Getting my Nuggets and Honey Mustard on.
Well...
From the second I walked in I knew shit was askew.
There was only one couple in front of me in line. But a whole bunch of people waiting for food and sitting down.
I look up to the front and there's like no one at the register.
But tons of employees shuffling around in the kitchen area and by the drive thru station.
"Must be understaffed." I thought.
As I got closer I start looking closer at the people working.
They all had this weathered desperate look in their eyes....
Like they were on edge or overwhelmed.
As I said, no line so...
My first thought was.... well must be a busy drive thru.
Then I hear CRASH in the back and chirpy whiny voice scream out "JESUS CHRIST!"!
Out from the back comes this big huge bucket of ice and behind it this cute 5 foot nothing girl barely holding that bucket up.
"GET OUT OF THE WAY Y'ALL" she yells smiling as she rushes like a bumble bee through the kitchen. WOOSH she dumps it sloppily in the ice area cubes going everywhere and turns around with this big grin on her face.
"I ALMOST DROPPED IT!" she sounds of matter a factly.
She starts walking back to get more ice brightly smiling the whole way.... nears the Frosty Machine and then suddenly trips accidentally dropping the bucket "CLANG" on the floor.
I cringe as the sound reverberates through the building and into the customer area.
I look back and see the whole room of eaters heads turned to the kitchen.
I turn back and my eyes go up to meet one of the other employees and there's that desperation again.
I look back at the girl and here's the thing..... she's just completely un-phased. Totally cheerful and smiling and oblivious to the utter mayhem she's inflicting on this poor establishment.
She hauls back into the kitchen talking loudly (and cheerfully) to herself the whole way.
The whole thing was obviously affecting the crew as it seemed the manager was all focused on the drive thru while the other employees sort of scrambling directionless unnerved by this girls path of destruction.
Finally the couple in front of me leaves because they are tired of waiting. But I go up and wait and finally some wide eyed register girl comes up to take my order looking like she's about to break down.
I smile and reassure her that I didn't mind waiting.
After all this I finally get my nuggets and sit down to eat.
Sitting at the far corner of the restaurant by the fireplace I periodically hear that girl's chirpy cheerful voice screaming out from the depths of the kitchen. CRASHING and BANGING flowing out from the back as customers turn and gawk each time while holding their hamburgers.
I imagine the girl continuing to go about her shift diligently, without a care in the world leaving chaos in her wake.
As I left, I heard a final "HOLY TOMATO!" ring out through the place.
I couldn't help but smile and chuckle to myself.
So I was at Wendy's about 30 minutes ago. You know. Getting my Nuggets and Honey Mustard on.
Well...
From the second I walked in I knew shit was askew.
There was only one couple in front of me in line. But a whole bunch of people waiting for food and sitting down.
I look up to the front and there's like no one at the register.
But tons of employees shuffling around in the kitchen area and by the drive thru station.
"Must be understaffed." I thought.
As I got closer I start looking closer at the people working.
They all had this weathered desperate look in their eyes....
Like they were on edge or overwhelmed.
As I said, no line so...
My first thought was.... well must be a busy drive thru.
Then I hear CRASH in the back and chirpy whiny voice scream out "JESUS CHRIST!"!
Out from the back comes this big huge bucket of ice and behind it this cute 5 foot nothing girl barely holding that bucket up.
"GET OUT OF THE WAY Y'ALL" she yells smiling as she rushes like a bumble bee through the kitchen. WOOSH she dumps it sloppily in the ice area cubes going everywhere and turns around with this big grin on her face.
"I ALMOST DROPPED IT!" she sounds of matter a factly.
She starts walking back to get more ice brightly smiling the whole way.... nears the Frosty Machine and then suddenly trips accidentally dropping the bucket "CLANG" on the floor.
I cringe as the sound reverberates through the building and into the customer area.
I look back and see the whole room of eaters heads turned to the kitchen.
I turn back and my eyes go up to meet one of the other employees and there's that desperation again.
I look back at the girl and here's the thing..... she's just completely un-phased. Totally cheerful and smiling and oblivious to the utter mayhem she's inflicting on this poor establishment.
She hauls back into the kitchen talking loudly (and cheerfully) to herself the whole way.
The whole thing was obviously affecting the crew as it seemed the manager was all focused on the drive thru while the other employees sort of scrambling directionless unnerved by this girls path of destruction.
Finally the couple in front of me leaves because they are tired of waiting. But I go up and wait and finally some wide eyed register girl comes up to take my order looking like she's about to break down.
I smile and reassure her that I didn't mind waiting.
After all this I finally get my nuggets and sit down to eat.
Sitting at the far corner of the restaurant by the fireplace I periodically hear that girl's chirpy cheerful voice screaming out from the depths of the kitchen. CRASHING and BANGING flowing out from the back as customers turn and gawk each time while holding their hamburgers.
I imagine the girl continuing to go about her shift diligently, without a care in the world leaving chaos in her wake.
As I left, I heard a final "HOLY TOMATO!" ring out through the place.
I couldn't help but smile and chuckle to myself.