News IZ*ONE's comeback has been postponed (1 Viewer)

Tir

Crawled out of some hole
.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
3,410
Reactions Received
31,087
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5
Ship
Initially, there have been reports that the media showcase for IZ*ONE's comeback was cancelled



Now, Mnet Japan has announced that the showcase itself (which was pre-recorded yesterday), has now been cancelled as well and the teaser for the showcase has been removed from Youtube



Also to note, the police have said they will release initial findings on the 11th as well. That said, the comeback itself and album release are still scheduled for the 11th so the comeback itself should be unaffected (hopefully)

Update:
 
Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
what a mess :umjicry:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It really is. The girls did nothing wrong and it just feels like Mnet throwing them under the bus. Everything was the result of Mnet being shady and now the girls are paying the price
that‘s so true. I feel so bad for the girls. this whole mess isn’t their fault
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'm bit mixed about this all. I kinda rly disliked how the group ended up, like whole last two eps were infuriating for me (this was first produce show I watched). So I don't have rly attachment towards the group.

And I think it would be just to reveal public real results of the voting of both produce shows. This would hurt the group though and the members, and would suck for fans. But if it's not revealed is it fair who those who spent money voting and those who didn't make it who were supposed to? In other hand, what about the company brides, is it fair if these companies don't get any punishment?
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,239
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,772
Ship
Wreck
I'm bit mixed about this all. I kinda rly disliked how the group ended up, like whole last two eps were infuriating for me (this was first produce show I watched). So I don't have rly attachment towards the group.

And I think it would be just to reveal public real results of the voting of both produce shows. This would hurt the group though and the members, and would suck for fans. But if it's not revealed is it fair who those who spent money voting and those who didn't make it who were supposed to? In other hand, what about the company brides, is it fair if these companies don't get any punishment?
I was thinking too that those findings have to be big for Mnet to worry and the actual lineup would fit.

As for the backlash I think it really just has to go to Mnet because no one forced them to take the bribes and the girls probably had no idea.
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I was thinking too that those findings have to be big for Mnet to worry and the actual lineup would fit.

As for the backlash I think it really just has to go to Mnet because no one forced them to take the bribes and the girls probably had no idea.
I hope they won’t reveal the real line-up ...
 
Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I was thinking too that those findings have to be big for Mnet to worry and the actual lineup would fit.

As for the backlash I think it really just has to go to Mnet because no one forced them to take the bribes and the girls probably had no idea.
It does seem pretty big right now like first it didn't seem like anything would change, maybe some small ass fine at most to Mnet.

I do think there is as much issue with the companies trying to bride than Mnet accepting brides. Just expose and fine them both :sakUwu: I'm not sure about idols, cause I remember trainees of some companies saying that they were forced to do fake accounts and vote all day long for Idol School i think it was :zoomeyes: Maybe they know maybe didn't, but even if they did know they probably wouldn't been able to stop it anyways.

I hope they won’t reveal the real Line-up ...
It's probably for best, I mean the damage is already done so it wouldn't rly help. Some part of me does want it happen, I guess wanting to see Mnet burn for this.. but yea it wouldn't rly fix things would it. I hope Mnet gets punished in some other way than that the current groups get punished, it's not like they could change the members at this point. Maybe with X1 they could at the start though would been weird, but now it feels too late too.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Yikes.

I'm guessing the findings are pretty bad/deep enough to warrant Mnet pulling out entirely, otherwise they usually give no fucks and just go ahead with their plans. But this escalating series of news in the same day isn't a good sign.
Mnet and the agencies do deserve punishment but the girls will likely be the scapegoats, which sucks. There are no winners in this situation, and the real bad guys CJ ENM won't be affected in the least.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,239
Reactions Received
76,669
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,772
Ship
Wreck
It does seem pretty big right now like first it didn't seem like anything would change, maybe some small ass fine at most to Mnet.

I do think there is as much issue with the companies trying to bride than Mnet accepting brides. Just expose and fine them both :sakUwu: I'm not sure about idols, cause I remember trainees of some companies saying that they were forced to do fake accounts and vote all day long for Idol School i think it was :zoomeyes: Maybe they know maybe didn't, but even if they did know they probably wouldn't been able to stop it anyways.



It's probably for best, I mean the damage is already done so it wouldn't rly help. Some part of me does want it happen, I guess wanting to see Mnet burn for this.. but yea it wouldn't rly fix things would it. I hope Mnet gets punished in some other way than that the current groups get punished, it's not like they could change the members at this point. Maybe with X1 they could at the start though would been weird, but now it feels too late too.
Morally there's definitely an issue with bribery so if the companies are revealed they could get slammed for that but idk if they'd get anything legally.

I think that was supposed to be the 1st season of Produce since people were linking to MBK and Starship but Idol School 8/9 final trainees signed before the show started.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,465
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I'm bit mixed about this all. I kinda rly disliked how the group ended up, like whole last two eps were infuriating for me (this was first produce show I watched). So I don't have rly attachment towards the group.

And I think it would be just to reveal public real results of the voting of both produce shows. This would hurt the group though and the members, and would suck for fans. But if it's not revealed is it fair who those who spent money voting and those who didn't make it who were supposed to? In other hand, what about the company brides, is it fair if these companies don't get any punishment?
its a dime or less to vote, honestly the fans spending money to vote argument that this was biased on from the start really annoys me noone really cares about a dime. Its not like they stole the money it went to the charity as promised.

To date all this speculation is unfounded rumor, and it does appear that the companies are not getting charged. Since all that have been arrested are staffers.

As someone who watched the whole show too i was probably happier than you as i went 8/12 on guessing who would be in and 10/12 of who i wished were in.

I hope they only reveal the name of those left out. That is the best solution they get compensated and when they do enter public life (considering it is like say Chowon) they will get that attention boost. Messing with the kids now in the group will be too much they are going to feel bad enough as it is.

Anymore than that and they will have to disband the group and now no one will git a job everyone efforts will have been wasted. After they have done such a nice job of promoting members individually far better than IOI did for example. It could happen maybe the court will void the contracts, but there is no recovery from that for the group.


The girls are the victims the public deserves squat. They were entertained which is what tv shows are for and for all that fun they spent time and dime (in ~400k ppls case) most just spent time.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,646
Reactions Received
93,465
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,925
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
It does seem pretty big right now like first it didn't seem like anything would change, maybe some small ass fine at most to Mnet.

I do think there is as much issue with the companies trying to bride than Mnet accepting brides. Just expose and fine them both :sakUwu: I'm not sure about idols, cause I remember trainees of some companies saying that they were forced to do fake accounts and vote all day long for Idol School i think it was :zoomeyes: Maybe they know maybe didn't, but even if they did know they probably wouldn't been able to stop it anyways.



It's probably for best, I mean the damage is already done so it wouldn't rly help. Some part of me does want it happen, I guess wanting to see Mnet burn for this.. but yea it wouldn't rly fix things would it. I hope Mnet gets punished in some other way than that the current groups get punished, it's not like they could change the members at this point. Maybe with X1 they could at the start though would been weird, but now it feels too late too.
that is suspected to be MBK for season 1.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread