I'm not new to J-pop. I just know a whole bunch of like older groups. So I'd like some suggestions for active newish groups.
Especially idol groups. It'll be nice to listen to more. But I'm open to solo singers too.
FAVORITE ARTISTS:
Candies, CHERRSEE, C-ute, Daichi Miura, DAOKO, Doll Elements, EBiSSH, E-Girls, FAIRIES, FAKY, FEMM, Foxxi Misq, Giselle4, Koda Kumi, MADKID, Predia, Reol, Sheena Ringo (Shiina Ringo), SDN48, SKY-Hi, Tokyo Gegegay, Tokyo Girls' Style, W-inds.
Artists that I know of: (So I won't get recommended someone I already know)
48 and 46 groups, LDH groups
AAA, ADDICTION, Aisha, ANTIME, Ayumi Hamasaki, Berryz Koubou, BLACK IRIS, Blue Moon Boo, BUZZ-ER., CANDIES, Chanmina, CHERRSEE, CHU-Z, Color Code, Crystal Kay, C-ute, Da-iCE, DAOKO, DiVa, Doll Elements, EBissH, FAIRIES, FAKY, FLOWBACK, Foxxi Misq, FEMM, Giselle4, HYNA, Juice=Juice, Koda Kumi, LEAD, lol, MADKID, Milky Bunny, Morning Musume, Namie Amuro, Nissy, N0NAME, ONE N' ONLY, Perfume, Predia, PrizmaX, REOL, ROZE, SKY-HI, Sheena Ringo, Super Dragon, SweetS, Tanaka Alice, Tokyo Gegegay, Tokyo Girls Style, Utada Hikaru, w-inds., WhiteA, WITHDOM, X4, Yayoi Daimon, YsR
I'm very sure I'm missing a lot but I think this is good enough.
These are the kinds of genres/songs/sounds I like:
AKB48 - Teacher Teacher
Berryz Koubou - anata nashi de ha ukiteyukenai (2013 Ver.)
[West Asian/Indian inspired pop sound]
CHERRSEE - K.O
CY8ER - Te to te
Doll☆Elements
GAM - Melodies
Juice=Juice - Sexy Sexy
[It's like electronic pop chill-mid tempo.I mostly like this cause it got that one instrumental/sound starts playing at like 0:27 was in K-pop singer's Gu Hara's "What about Me".]
Morning Musume - Are You Happy?
[Wikipedia says Jpop/House/Electronic. I say Hello! Project sound. Like Morning Musume "Brainstorming". I think there's another Morning Musume song and a C-ute/Berryz koubou song with a similar sound.]
Morning Musume - Seishun Night
[Disco sound?]
Other songs I think have similar sound:
Predia - BOROBORO
Sheena Ringo - Nagaku Nijikai Matsuri
[Jazz/Swing electro/pop sound]
Other songs I think have similar sound:
Especially idol groups. It'll be nice to listen to more. But I'm open to solo singers too.
FAVORITE ARTISTS:
Candies, CHERRSEE, C-ute, Daichi Miura, DAOKO, Doll Elements, EBiSSH, E-Girls, FAIRIES, FAKY, FEMM, Foxxi Misq, Giselle4, Koda Kumi, MADKID, Predia, Reol, Sheena Ringo (Shiina Ringo), SDN48, SKY-Hi, Tokyo Gegegay, Tokyo Girls' Style, W-inds.
Artists that I know of: (So I won't get recommended someone I already know)
48 and 46 groups, LDH groups
AAA, ADDICTION, Aisha, ANTIME, Ayumi Hamasaki, Berryz Koubou, BLACK IRIS, Blue Moon Boo, BUZZ-ER., CANDIES, Chanmina, CHERRSEE, CHU-Z, Color Code, Crystal Kay, C-ute, Da-iCE, DAOKO, DiVa, Doll Elements, EBissH, FAIRIES, FAKY, FLOWBACK, Foxxi Misq, FEMM, Giselle4, HYNA, Juice=Juice, Koda Kumi, LEAD, lol, MADKID, Milky Bunny, Morning Musume, Namie Amuro, Nissy, N0NAME, ONE N' ONLY, Perfume, Predia, PrizmaX, REOL, ROZE, SKY-HI, Sheena Ringo, Super Dragon, SweetS, Tanaka Alice, Tokyo Gegegay, Tokyo Girls Style, Utada Hikaru, w-inds., WhiteA, WITHDOM, X4, Yayoi Daimon, YsR
I'm very sure I'm missing a lot but I think this is good enough.
These are the kinds of genres/songs/sounds I like:
AKB48 - Teacher Teacher
Berryz Koubou - anata nashi de ha ukiteyukenai (2013 Ver.)
[West Asian/Indian inspired pop sound]
CHERRSEE - K.O
CY8ER - Te to te
Doll☆Elements
GAM - Melodies
Juice=Juice - Sexy Sexy
[It's like electronic pop chill-mid tempo.I mostly like this cause it got that one instrumental/sound starts playing at like 0:27 was in K-pop singer's Gu Hara's "What about Me".]
Morning Musume - Are You Happy?
[Wikipedia says Jpop/House/Electronic. I say Hello! Project sound. Like Morning Musume "Brainstorming". I think there's another Morning Musume song and a C-ute/Berryz koubou song with a similar sound.]
Morning Musume - Seishun Night
[Disco sound?]
Other songs I think have similar sound:
Morning Musume - Love Machine
Predia - BOROBORO
Sheena Ringo - Nagaku Nijikai Matsuri
[Jazz/Swing electro/pop sound]
Other songs I think have similar sound:
Giselle4 - WONDER GIRL
Juice=Juice - 素直に甘えて
MEG - TRAP
Juice=Juice - 素直に甘えて
MEG - TRAP