What even is jury duty? I keep hearing people talk about coming up with excuses to get out of it, but never have I heard anyone actually do it lol.
you are sent a notice to appear as a particular court where you go into a big pool of candidates. each Jury trial will have a bunch of folks initially called to be selected from.
It is mandatory to show up if called, but you can usually defer 1 time super easily, and more times will really take good reasons.
I have served and been close a few more times for some trials i really did not want to be on. (made it to the last selection.)
The size of the jury can be different 6-18 +.
The standard for felony cases is 12.
If you really do not want to serve just be a jerk during selection.
Most jobs give ya the time off and may pay you your normal wage.
if ya get selected or ever take several days as they choose a final jury there is a small amount of pay.