COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

K/DA Badges Poll for KS (if you are interested, please vote) (1 Viewer)

Would you like to see K/DA badges on KS?

• Yes

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I don't mind

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

K/DA Badges for KS

:sanapray:

At the moment, K/DA doesn't have badges on KS. The decision currently, is that it's due to them being a virtual group, and the focus should be on real idols/artists.

However, @Awards @Awards Lead is open to discussions and ideas, and that is if demand is there and users like the idea, the Awards Team can discuss this further to then hopefully come to an agreement on changing their minds.

So, if you are interested in K/DA, please vote 'yes', so that the Awards Team can get an idea of the demand, or at least that users like the idea.

@Girl Group @Blades
-----

Why I think K/DA deserves badges

At first sight, it may seem like this virtual group is Riot Games' side project for promoting their popular video game; 'League of Legends'. With characters from the game being part of a music group with the goal of reaching out to a larger audience.

But that's not the case at all. K/DA, officially described by Riot Games as a K-pop group, is more than a side project. K/DA is a serious step for Riot Games and their music department that has produced a well constructed and thought out group. The members, to distinguish them from their in game characters, are separate from their game personas.

Riot Games have given each member a background and story that fits in with the idols we all know and love. K/DA's Twitter account - HERE - is very active, just like a real K-pop company's Twitter account is. From getting fans and well known dance groups to perform to K/DA's music, or cosplay as the members. Fan interaction with K/DA is huge. Just like real groups.

Their first song in 2018, 'POP/STARS', is a massive hit with 400Million views. It went viral soon after release.

Fans wanted more, and then this year, Riot Games announced that K/DA will be making a comeback with an EP album! And K/DA's Twitter account was announced along side all the teams K/DA would need to continue on in the future. They have a staff/promotional team, music production team and fan/community teams etc.

The level of production and quality given to K/DA by Riot Games is no joke. Here are K/DA's MV's from their EP album 'ALL OUT':

They also have dance practice/choreography videos made by famous dance groups!

K/DA is officially endorsed by Louis Vuitton! Yep! And they were on the front cover of 'DAZED China' (with their collab partner, Seraphine)

Louis Vuitton and NYLON tweeted about them lol

K/DA uploads actual teaser images for releases, and general images/updates. Here are a just a few images from K/DA's active Twitter account;

And finally, these are background/story uploads for each member. Each of these are honestly inspirational, and people can definitely relate to them.

AHRI
KDA Ahri Words.jpg
EVELYNN
KDA Evelynn Words.jpg
KAI'SA
KDA Kaisa Words.jpg
AKALI
KDA Akali Words.jpg
-----

In conclusion

K/DA isn't just a virtual group. K/DA is a K-pop group that is produced with high quality, that just happens to be virtual. They are unique, different from the rest, but no less serious.
Riot Games and K/DA's dedicated staff want the group to fit in this K-pop industry/world. They want to produce great music and be active on social media. I think they are achieving their goals and aspirations with this group.

I hope you can see that they are too, or at least understand K/DA and accept them as a K-pop group (worthy of KS Badges :P).
:sanapray::maheart::saranghae:

Last edited:

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Voting is anonymous, so please vote honest.

@Moderator this poll is open for 2 weeks, I guess that's enough time for users to vote if they are interested.

Could you perhaps pin this thread somewhere, if you think it's necessary for the duration of the voting period? Obviously after that, it can be unpinned.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Well if K/DA has badges I don’t see why Neo Japonism wouldn’t have theirs :nekosweat:
Discuss the idea then I guess. KS is looking for demand and what users like. Then the staff can talk with their team to see if they can make it happen :).
:saranghae:

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Discuss the idea then I guess. KS is looking for demand and what users like. Then the staff can talk with their team to see if they can make it happen :).
:saranghae:
@Yachii will do that :taemsip:

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
@Vikki is this thread pin worthy for two weeks? (until 12 December)

It's important and helpful for @Awards to see the demand and users liking this, as to hopefully re-open discussion in their team on this idea.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
@Vikki is this thread pin worthy for two weeks? (until 12 December)

It's important and helpful for @Awards to see the demand and users liking this, as to hopefully re-open discussion in their team on this idea.
Oh let me talk it through with the other mods, I'll let you know.

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Justice for k/da!

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread