- Joined
- 22 February 2019
- Messages
- 9,507
- Reactions Received
- 26,077
- Location
- UK
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Male
I HOPE SO!Also one more question, does Soyeon rap "Kali gotta squirt"?![]()
I HOPE SO!Also one more question, does Soyeon rap "Kali gotta squirt"?![]()
Yeah that's the thing, SM has to split their budget between multiple groups and then for aespa's real girls and the virtual ones.That's the thing isn't it. I can't help compare the quality of the CGI. Not sure which company is responsible for aespa's virtual animation, but it doesn't hold too much quality compared to K/DA's (Riot's) quality. But then Riot specialises in animation.
yeah there's only room for improvement over the time, I doubt they'll look like they do now in 3-4 yearsSame but I'm sure that they'll start to recruit a stronger animation team if the concept proves popular enough!
Also I've already seen people saying you shouldn't compare K/DA with aespa, when it's the only thing they can be compared to.yeah there's only room for improvement over the time, I doubt they'll look like they do now in 3-4 years
True. SM cannot slack on getting quality animation, especially in the future if aespa's concept takes off. If the quality isn't there, it wouldn't look good at all, and would look low budget and out of place regardless of how great and MV looks.Yeah that's the thing, SM has to split their budget between multiple groups and then for aespa's real girls and the virtual ones.
While Riot is able to solely focus on K/DA, which also probably won't come back as often as a normal K-Pop Group so they have time to flesh it out.
However I do think that SM is rich, and they could definitely hire a professional team of animators. This is one thing not to half-ass and not to put a lot of budget in. We also don't know how much the virtual counterparts will play a role in live performances/MVs/promotional material etc. which has also it's budget.
I don't think SM has any excuse though to half-ass the animation and CGI because it will look bad and iffy, and no matter how talented the girls are, if their virtual counterpart can't hold up they should've chosen another concept for them
Yeah I can definitely imagine that, good animation has its price, with how much work the animators have to put in.True. SM cannot slack on getting quality animation, especially in the future if aespa's concept take off. If the quality isn't there, it wouldn't look good at all, and would look low budget and out of place regardless of how great and MV looks.
However, what has be a bit concerned is that animation is now considerably more expensive than hiring out a studio for a few days with a full studio set for a MV. Not a lot of people know this and think animation is cheap, but hell no. It's now one of the most expensive production assets in film/TV etc. The better the quality of animation, along with the amount required, it could take weeks of production to make a single MV. The price of which will make your eyes water.
I wonder if SM will do this with aespa for live performances.Also I've already seen people saying you shouldn't compare K/DA with aespa, when it's the only thing they can be compared to.
K/DA is the current standard of animated girl groups atm (and most likely the only one as well), so it's only plausible to want SM to put much effort into it
November 6th.Yeah I can definitely imagine that, good animation has its price, with how much work the animators have to put in.
(BTW when is the album coming out?)
I wish SM could hire Riot's animation team... But that won't happen lmao.Someone tell SM to hire these graphic design and animation team instead of whoever made Ae-Karina
Eve is a whole QUEEN.
Soyeon
First time hearing Lexie but holy moly the vocals!!!
the only thing needed for that are screens so the crowd can see it as well, else it's only the ppl watching it on tv who might see them if they do it on music shows at least, bigger concerts have screens as far as i knowI wonder if SM will do this with aespa for live performances.
Riot nailed the virtual live performance of POP/STARS
Kinda wonder what would've happened if aespa debuted as K/DA and had this whole collab with riot togetherI wish SM could hire Riot's animation team... But that won't happen lmao.
As rich as SM is, Riot would be WAY too expensive for SM to hire out long term. Also, I believe Riot's animation team for K/DA is exclusive.
Then they can hire the team that made the dragon in Lay's Lit mv.I wish SM could hire Riot's animation team... But that won't happen lmao.
As rich as SM is, Riot would be WAY too expensive for SM to hire out long term. Also, I believe Riot's animation team for K/DA is exclusive.
Indeed. Most indoor arenas and outdoor concert set ups do have big screens though, thankfully. And with today's technology which isn't too far of producing very convincing holographic CGI, the future of virtual music etc looks good. Perhaps SM is getting in early with aespa, as they see where the market is heading.the only thing needed for that are screens so the crowd can see it as well, else it's only the ppl watching it on tv who might see them if they do it on music shows at least, bigger concerts have screens as far as i know
it look better than sm her hair was all stiff but in k/da it does not look like that and the movement are very human-like in k/daI wish SM could hire Riot's animation team... But that won't happen lmao.
As rich as SM is, Riot would be WAY too expensive for SM to hire out long term. Also, I believe Riot's animation team for K/DA is exclusive.
yeah Riot Games also did lasty ears? Worlds Performance with on stage Holographics which looked really great, they definitely intend to go into the market early it seems.Indeed. Most indoor arenas and outdoor concert set ups do have big screens though, thankfully. And with today's technology which isn't too far of producing very convincing holographic CGI, the future of virtual music etc looks good. Perhaps SM is getting in early with aespa, as they see where the market is heading.
Imagine how cool it would look with actual holographic concerts (even mixed with IRL singers like aespa of course).
SM have actually done a holographic concert before too :).
I like how we were just talking about how we wished someone would make a virtual pop group the other day in the K/DA group thread and now SM seem to be actually doing it!yeah Riot Games also did lasty ears? Worlds Performance with on stage Holographics which looked really great, they definitely intend to go into the market early it seems.
I really hope aespa will be successful tho cuz that means more virtual pop bands![]()
Can always trust in SM to be the company pushing things forward with ideas etc. The timing is perfect too lol.I like how we were just talking about how we wished someone would make a virtual pop group the other day in the K/DA group thread and now SM seem to be actually doing it!