K-Netz react to Cha Eunwoo modeling for a sanitary pad brand (1 Viewer)

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Everyone's happy until you go to put in another one and the other one has disappeared into the void.
I can't wear tampons cuz my body rejects them
since I am in so much pain :wimwim:
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I see nothing wrong with this. The pad company saw the opportunity, casted an IT boy. Just like Jungkook sold out those toothbrush and wine, Eunwoo will sell these as well.

Not to mention its a bit ignorant saying "he doesn't know what period is". True, he will never experience it, but that does not mean that basic Korean biology curriculum didn't teach him of it.

It's all business in the end.

Also, female condom models are a thing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
This just blows my mind. :jisoosmh:


I agree with you... The prices of pads are getting higher and higher. They aren't even seen as a necessity in my country whereas mens' razors are. Apparently shaving is more important then periods? Whatever social class someone is in, they deserve the rights to access clean pads and public are right about this. They could have spent all the money they used to cast Cha Eun Woo to help reduce the cost of pads at least a little bit...
That's crazy. In my country, most women use sanitary pads and the price went from barely one dollar (in my currency) to almost 2.50 in a just a few years and I'm not even talking about the large sanitary pads, just the regular ones.
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I see nothing wrong with this. The pad company saw the opportunity, casted an IT boy. Just like Jungkook sold out those toothbrush and wine, Eunwoo will sell these as well.

Not to mention its a bit ignorant saying "he doesn't know what period is". True, he will never experience it, but that does not mean that basic Korean biology curriculum didn't teach him of it.

It's all business in the end.

Also, female condom models are a thing.
I meant male condoms**
And I never said he doesn't know what a period is. I said he doesn't know what periods are like. Huge difference.

The difference between Jungkook's toothbrush and wine is that Jungkook uses toothbrushes and drinks wine, Eunwoo will most likely not be buying pads for any reason. Why is a male representing a product for women?
Not to mention, when Sulli (a woman) did work related to menstrual products, she was seen as "reckless" and people claimed that periods should not be a topic that idols should be working with.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I meant male condoms**
And I never said he doesn't know what a period is. I said he doesn't know what periods are like. Huge difference.

The difference between Jungkook's toothbrush and wine is that Jungkook uses toothbrushes and drinks wine, Eunwoo will most likely not be buying pads for any reason. Why is a male representing a product for women?
Not to mention, when Sulli (a woman) did work related to menstrual products, she was seen as "reckless" and people claimed that periods should not be a topic that idols should be working with.
I was talking about one of the netizens, they said he doesn't know. Eunwoo could potentially buy the product for his girlfriend.

Also, a man is representing a product for women because he will bring more money. The girls will go crazy because Eunwoo is representing a product they are using. Like I said, it's all business.

The Sulli thing was more general hatred that Sulli experienced.

I meant male condoms as well. Female models for male condoms are a thing. They look hot and they promote male condoms.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Mayday

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I was talking about one of the netizens, they said he doesn't know. Eunwoo could potentially buy the product for his girlfriend.

Also, a man is representing a product for women because he will bring more money. The girls will go crazy because Eunwoo is representing a product they are using. Like I said, it's all business.

The Sulli thing was more general hatred that Sulli experienced.

I meant male condoms as well. Female models for male condoms are a thing. They look hot and they promote male condoms.
If he buys it for his girlfriend, he's a real one.
I see that it makes money, but in general, it's just a bit stupid. Yes, he's popular, and yes, he will bring in money. The concept is smart, but honestly...it's weird.

Female models for male condoms are different though, since the females are there to "provoke" the men to buy the product.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
If he buys it for his girlfriend, he's a real one.
I see that it makes money, but in general, it's just a bit stupid. Yes, he's popular, and yes, he will bring in money. The concept is smart, but honestly...it's weird.

Female models for male condoms are different though, since the females are there to "provoke" the men to buy the product.
It's exactly the same role Eunwoo has. "My oppa is promoting my pads, I will buy them". He "provokes", but in a different way.
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and Mayday
Joined
15 August 2019
Messages
263
Reactions Received
423
Location
foggy atmosphere~
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wth?? Not to also mention the very derogatory imagery of cats on the product... Women don't refer to themselves in such an insulting manner unless objectification is okay.

In the West, I've never once seen that or the use of a male (celebrity or not) on feminine products and rightfully so. Why? Because its something to be taken seriously not as a joke (or cost expensive for that matter).
The buisness approach to this is senseless because although he is a popular celebrity, OF ALL THINGS to put his face on it's for something serious in women's lives that he himself doesn't relate to as a man = he likely won't be a big enough determining factor to buy that specific product (like a lot of Knets mentioned). Another thing, no matter how popular he is there, not all women will even care for him or are even straight. Go figure.
Imo, this buisness move was senseless and sexist. Women's bodies shouldn't be put at the expense of not taking into account what really matters or generating more money (like it aready is currently).
Also, ironic how this is a thing in Korea where women's bodies + lives to an extent aren't already taken seriously/protected compared to their male counterparts.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread