COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Group ☾ Kalafina カラフィナ [Official] artist thread ☽ (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins

Bio
Kalafina is 3 member vocal group that was formed by composer Yuki Kajiura to record and perform anison music (anime OSTs) of her composition Wakana and Keiko came from Kajiura's earlier group FictionJunction when Hikaru won open audition against 30 000 other competitors. At groups earliest stages there was fourth member Maya whose vocals can be heard especially on Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle's opening "Syncronicity", but she left group quite early.

Kalafina is long running group who first had their debut in 2007 with Kara no Kyokai's OST. At first they were supposed to be only recording group and not perform the songs in stage, but this changed and they become known for their strong vocals and harmonization during live stages. At the moment group has disbanded when their third management company called for disbandment in March 2019 after Keiko and Hikaru had already left company. However both of them have expressed that they would like to revive the group under Yuki Kajiura again so it's possible that there will be reunion in the future- and insider information has expressed that the disbandment was mostly due to dissatisfaction with the management.

Music style of the group is first and foremost anison, but this includes blend of pop, rock and folk sounds not forgetting some neoclassical and baroque pop mixed in- or whatever they feel like.

Members

Kubota KEIKO (窪田啓子 )
Born: December 5, 1985
Voice: deep and dark-toned
Charge of: Low notes and harmonies
Also in: FictionJunction, FictionJunction KEIKO

Ootaki WAKANA (大滝若菜)
Born: December 10, 1984
Voice: bright and clear-toned
Charge of: high notes
Also in: FictionJunction, FictionJunction WAKANA

Masai HIKARU (政井光 )
Born: July 2, 1987
Voice: powerful and strong
Charge of: powerful and intense parts
Also known as: H-el-ical

Official sites:

Websites:
Kalafina OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Youtube:
KalafinaVEVO

Spotify:

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Notes:

I have been wanting to do my favorite japanese group thread ages, i guess it comes bit late now that they already disbanded, but all hope isn't lost regarding that and it's better late than never right :jisoosmh:

I included live shows instead of mv's since their previous company has deleted some of their mvs, some they have are low quality and lot is missing, the regular hardships with being fan of japanese artist. And to be fair, Kalafina was always more known from their live performances anyways, the live arrangements and vocals clearly being superior here so it's win-win situation as long as these live shows are available. :wimwim:

This thread probably won't be most active, but I hope that it sparkles someone's interests towards Kalafina and their wonderful music and performances, or teaches them a bit about the group. If that happens my job has been done and i'm satisfied :sanapray:

However feel free to add content to thread, opinions, updates, questions etc.

Last edited:

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I loved some of their songs ...
Well i guess it's not wonder, they have tons of songs and lot of them are either openings or endings of popular animes :D

Do you have favorite song?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Well i guess it's not wonder, they have tons of songs and lot of them are either openings or endings of popular animes :D

Do you have favorite song?
Magnolia and Red Moon are that superior bops 💕

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Magnolia and Red Moon are that superior bops 💕
Ah great choices, i love Red moon especially that one has such great lives!

I feel like my fav is more general, i just like Magia cause i love Madoka Magica and it got me into Kalafina :jisoosmh:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Ah great choices, i love Red moon especially that one has such great lives!

I feel like my fav is more general, i just like Magia cause i love Madoka Magica and it got me into Kalafina :jisoosmh:
They have more songs that I love but I can’t find their names now 😵

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
Reactions Received
KS Coins
They have more songs that I love but I can’t find their names now 😵
Well for me i also love Sprinter, Hyakka Ryouran (newest), Oblivious, Destination Unknown, Fairytale.. but nth beats Magia :sakUwu:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Buddy
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Well for me i also love Sprinter, Hyakka Ryouran (newest), Oblivious, Destination Unknown, Fairytale.. but nth beats Magia :sakUwu:
Oblivious and Kirie are bops too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread