COME JOIN US!
We are a completely independent community, and we're here to help you learn about KPOP! We are free from and do not profit from any advertisements. We hope that you can discuss KPOP with us without ad-blockers.
Register Now

kim lip solo album unboxing! (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
i'm back with another album unboxing 😋
if you did not read the title, it's kim lip's self-titled solo album version A
*if you are planning to buy this album for yourself and want to keep the content inside a surprise, click off this thread before reading further.
my grandma suddenly passed by our house today to say this is part two of my birthday gift (??). i was a bit surprised, my birthday was a month ago and she already gave me one gift but i'm not going to complain about one more loona album.

packaging
The album is built like a real book following the model of most (if not all) Loona albums The cover is very sturdy with beautiful graphics. On the front, there is Kim Lip's picture. It's the same as the one on the digital version except the digital art is in a square shape compared to this album who's a rectangle which allow more space. So, instead of having the group and album name on the picture itself, all the writing is on the white space at the top with "No.8" and the short tracklist. The back is very simple with a full white background and the Loona logo in the middle. You can also find the group and album name on the side of the album. It's fun to see that the "Kim Lip" is red just like her representative color.

CD
The CD also has a very simple design, all white with the logo, group and album name (the "Kim Lip" is again in her characteristic red color). Of course, I would've not put this album on my gift list if i absolutely hated all the songs especially when there's only two. I was not worried because I already had listened to the album multiple times on my phone and it was just as amazing on CD. You can't miss with the masterpiece that is Eclipse and Twilight. Fans of the girlgroup "Secret" might also be happy to hear that former member Song Jieun participated in the composing of the second track, Twilight.

photobook
Kim Lip is always gorgeous which definitly helped because there wasn't much efforts in the concept or even the styling. For half of the photobook, the background is some random "calming sparkling background" video they found on YouTube and I wish this was not literal. In the same half, the outfit, while pretty, are very basic but maybe that was the vibe they were going for after all. The hair really carried. It's nothing very complicated (blond, straight hair) but iconic. She is natural blonde. The other half is were things get interesting. There is some sort of party concept going on with lots of sparkly items including a wonderful rainbow dress with the message "love will win". It then continues with a summer concept with styling similar to what we've seen in "Girl Front". It ends with two pages of a vampire (?) concept. Very unexpected but welcomed. There is no more photos after. There's only the lyrics to both songs, the "thanks to" part and credits to all staff who worked on the album in any way.

photocards (and others)
I got one photocard of Kim Lip standing with her arm crossed looking at the camera wearing a bright red lipstick. I love it! Compared to most photocards, this one did not take a selfie approach and has a completely black background. There is no other extra content in this album.

overall, i'm super happy i got this album!! kim lip is one of my loona bias and i love her songs! thank you grandma
if you could get ONE of loona's solo album FOR FREE, which one would you pick?
@Orbit​

eclipsoul

KS' #1 The Chaser enthusiast
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
omg i'm happy for you :sakUwu: i don't buy kpop albums but kim lip is my ultimate bias so i'd love to get that one if i had a chance

Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Reactions Received
Website
iluvseori.com
Fandom
loonarmy seoro
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
omg i'm happy for you :sakUwu: i don't buy kpop albums but kim lip is my ultimate bias so i'd love to get that one if i had a chance
wow i hope you get one too!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread