Intro Kpop Community (1 Viewer)

Joined
31 July 2019
Messages
276
Reactions Received
449
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
436
Fandom
SONNY CHUUS
Gender
Female
So please tell us how you became part of the kpop community?

I originally knew about kpop since 2015 but it was not until early 2016 that my friend showed me a video and I became interested. I joined a kpop forum in early 2017 to interact with more kpop fans.

How and when did you or were you shown the kpop community?

I frequently visited the news site of the forum that I was in. I clicked on the forum tab out of curiosity and decided to log in and become a member.

How did you feel when we became part of the bigger family?

it felt very nice actually. I was surrounded by people who liked the same things I did. But I've experienced being part of a family on this forum more than others. I could talk about what I liked everyday without being judged for my interests and I could make new friends who shared the same interests as me. I think it's a very fun experience overall.

What changes have influenced you to change the person you are today?

I know that I have changed a lot since joining kpop forums. My horizons have been broadened and I've gone from stanning one boy group to stanning so many groups, both boy and girl groups. I don't think that wouldn't have been entirely possible (maybe with a few exceptions) without learning about groups on forums. I also wasn't the most mature of people when I first began to like kpop and kpop forums have helped me to change that attitude around and become a better person.
The users or kpop forums have one thing in common. We like kpop. However there are so many groups out there and we all stan different groups. There is such a huge variety and that is showcased on kpop forums.

How many times values, views, beliefs have changed?

An exceeding number of times. I am always open to other opinions and I always take in other beliefs into account. My opinions of groups change all the time depending on what music they release. I have also come to really value people who do work in the kpop industry because I've realised the immense amount of effort they put into making their dream come true. Idols often say that while they are training, they cast everything away to try and survive in such a harsh environment. They have done so much to achieve their dreams and as fans, we should respect that.
Thank you so much for the very informative response potato...

Many blessing's upon you...
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Thank you so much for the very informative response potato...

Many blessing's upon you...
Thank you <3

I would be more than happy to help if you need anything else :pikahappy:
 

Mayday

🍓Your 1-Up Girl🍓
.
Joined
26 September 2018
Messages
8,197
Reactions Received
27,145
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Oh yes please if that's ok......
How did the kpop community impact on you?

By being apart of the KPOP community I was not only able to educate my self and others on Korean culture, norms, and society, but I have also been able to see the toxic culture of the music industry in general. The KPOP community is filled with diversity and variety, and that has allowed me to see different perspectives across the globe, which I believe has helped me become a better person and contribute better to society.


How did you travel along with the changes that were part on becoming a fan?


Personally, as I don't take KPOP very seriously, there weren't many changes to my lifestyle being made. For the changes that did take place though, I followed it fairly well, since I view KPOP and music as a hobby rather than a task.


How did you used to view the kpop community?

Before I became a KPOP fan, I viewed the KPOP community as a very overrated, annoying community, as I was rather ignorant back then. Since I wasn't really the best person, I looked down on KPOP and the fans.


Who was the first person or anyone who showed you kpop?

I actually discovered KPOP due to fans in a Youtube comment section. I listened to alternative music back then, and the band I listened to had a song with the same name as the global stars, BTS.


What influenced you to listen to Korean pop music?

I had listened to one song after hearing about it on social media and decided to give it a look. I refused to like KPOP, since I thought it made me dumb (which was a dumb concept in itself), though I enjoyed the song. A few months later, my sister was telling me about BTS, and I decided to listen to them. I kind of got hooked after the second song.


How many culture shocks have you experienced from the past few years?

Quite a few, as American and Korean culture is quite different. Korean society is definitely run a little different from American society, but I find the differences in cultures interesting.


Who do you feel on being a fan of korean-pop?

Though it is embarrassing to admit in public due to the bad reputation of the KPOP community, I myself enjoy KPOP, and that's honestly all that matters.

If there's any other way for me to help, feel free to DM me~
 
  • Love
Reactions: dnb and Moon

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread