Kpopsource full of fake kpop fans? (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
I'm noticing a problem with kpopsource. And its the same problem that exists on all smaller forums of kpop or anything really.

Hardly anyone posts on kpop related topics unless they are breaking news or scandal topics.

Most users rather post in non kpop related threads like Anon threads or threads dedicated to praising certain members. Or even threads such as this very one here. Calling people out.

Me and @emanresu post a lot of threads and we are the only ones who ever comment on each others threads. The only other users I see regularly in my threads or Emans is @raja and @RandAlThor .

I make 50 threads a day trying to keep this forum alive. Now its your turn to comment in these threads to help me.

Wat h this thread get more replies than any thread I've posted all week smh.
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i've made 170 threads in less than 3 months of being on here, all of them are k-pop related :taesip: i don't really consider this a problem though, i think activity on non-kpop-related threads is better than no activity at all.
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
I think it's because most of the kpop threads depend heavily on interest in that particular kpop topic, like whether it be the idol or the group, etc.

It's easier to get interest on a big forum. Lot of people and higher chance you find an interested party.

But with small forums it's tough. It's very hit and miss whether you'll get someone who's online at the particular time you post a kpop threads that's interested in that exact topic.


Controversies are more general interest so they grab basically anyone and everyone. Ditto for non kpop threads.


It's definitely discouraging at times. Obviously it's not fun to make threads and have no one interested.

But I try to stay positive. Sometimes people find the threads I do interesting and comment and that's fun. It makes it worthwhile when you get those hits. Carries you through the misses.

But that's why I still split my time on Allkpop. As much as I love this forum. Allkpop still has a clear traffic advantage.

At any given time it's often easier to find interested parties there due to sheer numbers.


But I still love posting here! We just need more Tzuyu Stans lol.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It‘s a forum thing that general topics seem to gain much more interest. I wouldn’t think it‘s much of a problem. People can be quite picky about kpop so they wouldn’t just look at each and every thread posted in that section.

Also there are Artist threads that are pretty active too.

With anons it‘s just a trend again. There was an oversaturation of anons so they didn‘t do well for a while. Now after people makkng barely anons, the attention shifted again on those.

Anyway I don‘t see a problem right now.
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Actually I am just less interested into Kpop recently but maybe the hype will come back if one comeback will interest me again xD
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Also you have to keep in mind you and I have a habit of posting in the middle of the night US time lol.

God knows who's up at that time. You and me and who else lol?

:irenecrazy: :haylul:


And you also got the old gen/nugu thing working against you. You often post about older gens or nugu groups. Which are even more hit or miss than even a regular kpop topic. You make a post about RED VELVET or BTS you're almost guaranteed to get interest.


I got the "all he does is make 20 Tzuyu threads every day" thing working against me. Like I like it. I mean 20 Tzuyu threads? Sure. That works for me! But ya know. I'm obsessed.

:jenniesmug:
 
Last edited:

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I normally can't think of anything kpop related to post. And no one posts kpop related stuff that interests me much either and the cycle just repeats.

I'll try to post more kpop related stuff though :lazypotato:
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,606
Reactions Received
93,427
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,178
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think like Eman said, even with many folks who are big multi artist fans. The set of groups i am not interested in is much larger than the set i love and larger than the set i am interested in.
Here i also really try to advance the discussion, so if i know little about the group i don't have much to say :).


Also i am so stressed waiting for Legit actionable IZ*ONE news kinda going nuts here.

Totally did not help that SBS fubared up the RV comeback.

This was the cb where they get one of those gaudy number of wins and since they cant preform even with the song still doing fantastic its iffy. They will not hit PU's number for sure. This was a lock for 4 TC's.
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
well I've been busy
plus I usually scan the internet for "less important" news to post (but in weekends it's kinda quiet)
my tea thread gains a lot of readers

I think a lot of us are afraid to post stuff that has already been posted
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,208
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,597
Ship
Wreck
The problem I find with the kpop section is a lot are like appreciation threads and while every once in a while one comes up that's really good most don't make me feel inclined to comment.

For example I saw your f(x) t-shirt and just thought in my head "cool" but I wasn't going to comment that as it wouldn't have added anything.

Same for the Loona teasers, I see them and I like them but I have nothing of value to add other than more praise.

In general I think the kpop section will always be hard to keep up as most fans are going to have a hard time with question threads there and especially detailed ones.
 

Sourcekeeper

Tech Support
.
.
.
Joined
25 August 2018
Messages
6,828
Reactions Received
28,463
Location
YG Entertainment
Website
kpopsource.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
26,616
Fandom
MONSTIEZ
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She / Her / Hers
I usually visit threads but i am not sure what to reply, i usually just give a reaction.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
:nekopout:Where were you when I made 3 Jimin threads everyday with 0 replies???
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,509
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I am not very active on most sites anymore. So I wouldn't be of much help.
But I try to chip in every now and then yeah.

Idk what to say in a thread half the time either, so that is daunting enough for me, not to utilise a conversation.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It's hard to gauge what type of thread will get actual engagement, especially on this forum. The whole point of this forum is to promote the non-toxic side of kpop, it's a great environment to be around and makes kpop a lot more enjoyable, but sometimes it feels like user engagement takes a bit of a hit because of it's pretty lax view

This is the core makeup of KPS's users
85% :lazypotato: :ilovebread: :pepelgbt: AKA Lazy Gay Lurkers
15% ✏ :pandasmash: AKA Active writers


Baiting threads are given zero oxygen here
Netizen comments at most get a few "this is non-issue" or "knetz at it again" comments

Performance vids get next to nothing

Appreciation for the oldies gets nothing

Achievements don't get anything because users don't have the competitiveness that normal comes with Kpop

Appreciation threads could be a good way to get a decent response but depends on who you post and "she's a pretty kween" can only be written so many ways

There's only one type of thread that gets a good response without fail and that's news/scandal
 
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
Kpop is boring,
I can repeat that. I gave up on kpop some time ago, and I'm interested only on Dreamcatcher in that area. I'm more into jrock right now; but I don't know Japanese, so I can't learn directly enough material to post much about it. I'm beginning to study Japanese so that I can correct that; but it will take me long till the day I know enough of it for it to be really useful.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread