Appreciation lol this popped up in my time line .. (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,111
Reactions Received
52,977
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
173,072
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
oops not my table...

love teh way she squints at the guy ... nope wrong guy.

I think she forgot her contacts LOL

BTW there''s a story told by Douglas Adams in one of his Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books(maybe So Long And Thanks For All The Fish) about a similar situation, I also later heard a version told by him on radio I think:
In short he goes to a train station in England to take a train somewhere. While waiting he buys a drink and snack(a packet of digestives, or maybe crisps/crackers). He either has sat down first or maybe he leaves his table and returns or someone sits at same table as him. The other person then opens the package and starts eating the biscuit/crip. So Adams(thinking its the snack/digestives packet HE bought) takes a piece and eats it-aggressively.

Both being British neither says anything and just continue eating piece by piece until it's finished. The other person yhen leaves. What you didnt notice because (i think in the story originally Adams says) its not mentioned is the newspaper(or magazine) also bought at the station laying on the table. Adams picks up the paper(or magazine) and underneath it was the snack/digestives that Adams bought! [How do we know who bought it isn't brought up, I think-cant remember now] in both the book and the radio interview the telling is so magnificent that subsequent reading/hearing is enjoyable because of the expectation of the punchline. In fact Adams tells the story that HE is the original person it happened to because other people told this story as if it happened to them(which is hilarious to me as this clip shows it coulda happened again and again, or maybe at least two people, even if it isn't exactly the same.

Wait I found a youtube clip(which musta been what I watched,and not heard on the radio):

​


So not the same but this thread reminded me of it.
 
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,711
Reactions Received
93,511
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
189,443
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I think she forgot her contacts LOL

BTW there''s a story told by Douglas Adams in one of his Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books(maybe So Long And Thanks For All The Fish) about a similar situation, I also later heard a version told by him on radio I think:
In short he goes to a train station in England to take a train somewhere. While waiting he buys a drink and snack(a packet of digestives, or maybe crisps/crackers). He either has sat down first or maybe he leaves his table and returns or someone sits at same table as him. The other person then opens the package and starts eating the biscuit/crip. So Adams(thinking its the snack/digestives packet HE bought) takes a piece and eats it-aggressively.

Both being British neither says anything and just continue eating piece by piece until it's finished. The other person yhen leaves. What you didnt notice because (i think in the story originally Adams says) its not mentioned is the newspaper(or magazine) also bought at the station laying on the table. Adams picks up the paper(or magazine) and underneath it was the snack/digestives that Adams bought! [How do we know who bought it isn't brought up, I think-cant remember now] in both the book and the radio interview the telling is so magnificent that subsequent reading/hearing is enjoyable because of the expectation of the punchline. In fact Adams tells the story that HE is the original person it happened to because other people told this story as if it happened to them(which is hilarious to me as this clip shows it coulda happened again and again, or maybe at least two people, even if it isn't exactly the same.

Wait I found a youtube clip(which musta been what I watched,and not heard on the radio):

​


So not the same but this thread reminded me of it.
cool story, and fun watch.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread