COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Mamamoo, Loona & T-Bird Controversy (1 Viewer)

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
So recently there was a controversy started over actions of Loona and T-Bird during Mamamoos encore stage in Inkigayo & Mcountdown. Here's the video of the encore stage and early on you can see 2 members of T-Bird run behind Mamamoo and then one lifts the other up.

So then Korean Moomoos were asking for an apology for this and even trended a hashtag for it. It seems some were not happy with Loona being playful in the background either though and took it as trying to steal Mamamoos spotlight which ended up with Instiz creating an article about Loona and T-Birds actions but with more focus on Loona.

T-Birds company also released an apology.

Thoughts?​

Last edited:
Reactions Received
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
KS Coins
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
Honestly i would find this very innapropriate but i understand they behaviour

T-bird come from a very small company, i didn't even heard about them, they are on tv and it'll maybe one of their only times of tv so they want to make people talk about them so people search things about them and be interested in them

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck

T-bird come from a very small company, i didn't even heard about them, they are on tv and it'll maybe one of their only times of tv so they want to make people talk about them so people search things about them and be interested in them
While that aspect of it I understand but this was not it cause some people think they shoved/hit Moonbyul and/or Wheein which is a horrible way to get your name out there.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Wait LOONA got the article and not the boy group?

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don't understand the focus on loona at all since they didn't take any attention away from Mamamoo....

Plus, the boy group could have hurt someone so it was just stupid to do that

I heard they are a project group that is promoting the musical that they are doing. I believe its for Grease hence the name.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I watched the first clip and was trying to find LOONA...I fucking couldn't so tell me why they are the ones getting shit???
From what I saw Hyunjin went to kiss Choerry and Choerry backed away, Hyunjin noticed the camera and started doing hearts and peace signs which caused Loona to get dragged in along this.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
From what I saw Hyunjin went to kiss Choerry and Choerry backed away, Hyunjin noticed the camera and started doing hearts and peace signs which caused Loona to get dragged in along this.
I feel really stupid but I can't find them.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
The Loona one is from Mcountdown
tbh if nobody pointed it out i'd probably have never noticed
but i'm also unobservant af

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Korea has this culture of being respectful in front of camera which got actress Kim Yoojung in a huge mess where she gets bashed about looking at her nails and not noticing the camera so much that she rushes into hospital out of stress. So this is the country's culture and we aren't the one to question it.

I would not say it's sexism either bc the boy group is way too nugu. The pressure will be always on the more known celebrity.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Korea has this culture of being respectful in front of camera which got actress Kim Yoojung in a huge mess where she gets bashed about looking at her nails and not noticing the camera so much that she rushes into hospital out of stress. So this is the country's culture and we aren't the one to question it.

I would not say it's sexism either bc the boy group is way too nugu. The pressure will be always on the more known celebrity.
You see it's thinking like that to why things end up in unhealthy ways, you should question everything because otherwise you will end up just agreeing to things without knowing why. Korea has a unhealthy beauty standard and you think that shouldn't be questioned by outsiders and people inside have just gotten used to it so how do you expect change in that scenario?

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
I actually saw things said about T-Bird in regards to this long before LOONA including the posted apology, but, LOONA should have never been talked about in a negative light to begin with.

I've seen both male and female groups be truly obnoxious or a lot more out there in how they react during a winner's announcement, speech, and encore stage than LOONA even was.

Their hearts and attention to their fans was not only mostly off camera, but it wasnt even raised in the air or over the top gestures. It is sad they somehow got dragged into the bad behavior of untrained rookies on film.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I love Hyunjin but what is she doing. BBC spoils Loona too much. why did she think as a rookie she can do this to idols way above her during their acceptance speech...smh.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
It’s not such a big deal especailly for Loona ( but of course they will be dragged more because they are a GG). As for T-bird, I guess it was a way to gain attention but it wasn’t very wise from their part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread