- Joined
- 18 November 2018
- Messages
- 13,505
- Reactions Received
- 41,701
- Location
- Estonia
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 514
- Gender
- Non-Binary
- Pronouns
- He/They
- Ship
- Wreck
In a week Estonia has our finals to choose the song we are gonna send to eurovision
This is my favourite candidate! They PROBABLY won't win, but I love it anyways!
My favourite is called Wingman and it's a fun song! I like translating lyrics every now and again, so I hope you all like it!
I tried to translate the lyrics bcs well... why not!
The lines spoken instead of sung/rapped will be in bold
[Chorus]
I've kept an eye on her (Estonian doesn't actually distinguish between the word she/he, but this song is very clearly about a girl)
How I should go about her
If her name I don't know yet
Pull yourself together, I don't get what your problem is
You don't know me yet
I'm gonna show you what's gonna happen
Just come with me
That one is definitely walking in the totally opposite direction
[Verse]
I had to pick one of them
But I don't like to mess around
I'd rather look from afar
If there is a battle going on around you
Bcs she is holding her mouth shut
But her body is talking in latin
I was afraid that there was going to be a bigger brawl for you here
But would you look at that
everything that the others like
She gives no shits about, no shits about
And my Wingman straight after me like a shadow, a shadow
Just right now I didn't have any luck and there is still a whole crowd of them there
Maybe you should go and see if you can haul her over to yourself (This line is addressing the male friend)
The prospects in this club aren't looking that great
The one who doesn't try never gets the trophy
Is it weird if I stare though?
What are you talking about, put a crutch below your shoulder and go
[Chorus]
I've kept an eye on her
How I should go about her
If her name I don't know yet
Maybe some Triinu, Maarja or Mari?
You don't know me yet
I'm gonna show you what's gonna happen
Just come with me
[Verse 2]
Wait really
Boy she actually came
I thought you would pass by quick like the summer here
But whatever, I will show you what I'm capable of
Let's go to the other side of the hall, get those hips moving
Soon you will be howling like a wolf, not bsh (Refrence to an estonian journalist whose last name is wolf)
Holding your body to mine like PVA
And a whole crowd is removing me from instagram now
Because you make people jealous all my all topics again
One goes, another one comes, but there is still more of them there, more of them there
Look straight, look behind you, they are in line before us, in line before us
[FINAL CHORUS] - pretty much same thing as before, too lazy to translate
This is my favourite candidate! They PROBABLY won't win, but I love it anyways!
My favourite is called Wingman and it's a fun song! I like translating lyrics every now and again, so I hope you all like it!
I tried to translate the lyrics bcs well... why not!
The lines spoken instead of sung/rapped will be in bold
[Chorus]
I've kept an eye on her (Estonian doesn't actually distinguish between the word she/he, but this song is very clearly about a girl)
How I should go about her
If her name I don't know yet
Pull yourself together, I don't get what your problem is
You don't know me yet
I'm gonna show you what's gonna happen
Just come with me
That one is definitely walking in the totally opposite direction
[Verse]
I had to pick one of them
But I don't like to mess around
I'd rather look from afar
If there is a battle going on around you
Bcs she is holding her mouth shut
But her body is talking in latin
I was afraid that there was going to be a bigger brawl for you here
But would you look at that
everything that the others like
She gives no shits about, no shits about
And my Wingman straight after me like a shadow, a shadow
Just right now I didn't have any luck and there is still a whole crowd of them there
Maybe you should go and see if you can haul her over to yourself (This line is addressing the male friend)
The prospects in this club aren't looking that great
The one who doesn't try never gets the trophy
Is it weird if I stare though?
What are you talking about, put a crutch below your shoulder and go
[Chorus]
I've kept an eye on her
How I should go about her
If her name I don't know yet
Maybe some Triinu, Maarja or Mari?
You don't know me yet
I'm gonna show you what's gonna happen
Just come with me
[Verse 2]
Wait really
Boy she actually came
I thought you would pass by quick like the summer here
But whatever, I will show you what I'm capable of
Let's go to the other side of the hall, get those hips moving
Soon you will be howling like a wolf, not bsh (Refrence to an estonian journalist whose last name is wolf)
Holding your body to mine like PVA
And a whole crowd is removing me from instagram now
Because you make people jealous all my all topics again
One goes, another one comes, but there is still more of them there, more of them there
Look straight, look behind you, they are in line before us, in line before us
[FINAL CHORUS] - pretty much same thing as before, too lazy to translate