- Joined
- 9 October 2018
- Messages
- 50,688
- Reactions Received
- 142,435
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 134
- Fandom
- arianator
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- she/her
- Ship
- Wreck
Clueless is forever one of my fave movies. I just can’t help it. I just adore Cher like in a way I do Aria, Thomas, Sibil, and Effy. I just can’t help it.
Rewatching always brings me joy and I keep noticing small things and seeing things from a different perspective. Like Christian for example…. they talked about him as they know him and his family situation in the first few scenes yet when he starts going to the school it appears as if he is new tp the place which is quite interesting in my opinion. Them the obvious how Elton even in the first scenes was trying to kiss and be close to Cher and yet she was clueless till the point where both ended up in the car and he was pressuring her and she herself called it sexual harassment. Looking into the first scenes with that context just makes me shiver ( and Elton can go f himself
).
Also there has been talks about Cher being queer ( cause the material it was based on has a lead that is assumed to be queer) and watching it again and again makes it obvious how little sexual interest Cher has, how she herself keeps saying how picky she is and even the big realization moment towards the end ( where she is pretty much thinking about why it‘s bothering her that Tai likes Josh) the water fountain is lit in the bi colors ( it isn’t tha noticeable but I personally recognize it now that I focused more on that scene).
Anyway Clueless is a 90s classic and one of the few movies that could make me write pages.
Rewatching always brings me joy and I keep noticing small things and seeing things from a different perspective. Like Christian for example…. they talked about him as they know him and his family situation in the first few scenes yet when he starts going to the school it appears as if he is new tp the place which is quite interesting in my opinion. Them the obvious how Elton even in the first scenes was trying to kiss and be close to Cher and yet she was clueless till the point where both ended up in the car and he was pressuring her and she herself called it sexual harassment. Looking into the first scenes with that context just makes me shiver ( and Elton can go f himself
Also there has been talks about Cher being queer ( cause the material it was based on has a lead that is assumed to be queer) and watching it again and again makes it obvious how little sexual interest Cher has, how she herself keeps saying how picky she is and even the big realization moment towards the end ( where she is pretty much thinking about why it‘s bothering her that Tai likes Josh) the water fountain is lit in the bi colors ( it isn’t tha noticeable but I personally recognize it now that I focused more on that scene).
Anyway Clueless is a 90s classic and one of the few movies that could make me write pages.