News MNet announces M Countdown miscalculation, Oh My Girl as #1 in place of NU'EST (1 Viewer)

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,799
Reactions Received
6,351
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,202
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any




I feel so bad for both groups, NU'EST for having their win stripped and Oh My Girl for not getting to properly celebrate theirs.
You'd think Mnet would triple check their numbers before announcements are made.
What are your thoughts on this situation?

​
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Both groups deserve an apology from Mnet.

Like you said, it really sucks that Mnet didn't carefully check their numbers and now NU'EST is short a win, Oh My Girl didn't get to celebrate theirs.
 

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,799
Reactions Received
6,351
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,202
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
Both groups deserve an apology from Mnet.

Like you said, it really sucks that Mnet didn't carefully check their numbers and now NU'EST is short a win, Oh My Girl didn't get to celebrate theirs.
I can't imagine how both groups are feeling after such an incident, such a huge screw up, the whole show leads up to the win & encore and they couldn't even get that right. MNet needs to apologise and commit to making sure errors like that don't happen again.


Not surprised since judging from their award shows, Mnet isn’t that good with numbers
:pandatea:
:llama_tea:


Well someone is at the very least getting written up.
The point of announcing a winner is to do the math correctly.

It would have been (is) OMG's first m countdown win.
Probably fired at this point.

That makes it even worse, eesh.


What a shitshow all round :kijoongstare:
Indeed it is.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
Shoddy handling, Nu'est and their fans now have a win less and Oh My Girl and Miracles had what should have been a big win since it's their 1st for Mcountdown is now less of a big moment because of this mess.

There's still the rest of the week for Oh My Girl to have that big moment at least.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck

LeeHoseok

ᵀᴴᴬᵀ Monbebe/WENEE
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
2,799
Reactions Received
6,351
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
10,202
Fandom
Weneebebe
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
Any
Smh. I feel so bad for both of them.

Seriously, how do they mess up this bad?
It's MNet, I believe it'd be more accurate to ask how they hadn't messed up this bad previously, considering their reputation.

Shoddy handling, Nu'est and their fans now have a win less and Oh My Girl and Miracles had what should have been a big win since it's their 1st for Mcountdown is now less of a big moment because of this mess.

There's still the rest of the week for Oh My Girl to have that big moment at least.
Awful that they didn't get the celebration and encore they deserved, I wish both groups the best with their promotions, and no love for MNet, who really dropped the ball.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
I wanted OMG to win again but now I'm sad :pepecry1:

I feel like mnet has done this before as well. They really need to check their numbers where this doesn't happen
I still want them to win again but now with the added motive of not ending The Fifth Season on this note
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I still want them to win again but now with the added motive of not ending The Fifth Season on this note
Same! This has been a strong comeback for them o don't want it to end sadly
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
MEESnet did it again
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I wanted OMG to win again but now I'm sad :pepecry1:

I feel like mnet has done this before as well. They really need to check their numbers where this doesn't happen
I think it was KBS doing it to AOA and Twice, they announced AOA as the winner and then after the weekend had gone, they took the award back from AOA and gave it to Twice since they were the actual winners.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread