SM had a giant pool of candidates to choose from. It’s obvious why they went with Winter and Ning Ning for the talent, and Karina for the height and visual. Yet with Giselle, I don’t see why she would be chosen out of countless others. I know her role is rap but she’s not a rap prodigy and Aespa isn’t even a rap heavy group. All the stuff Giselle has been doing it seems Karina could easily take up. Did they just need a Japanese and didn’t have that much high standards? I’m not saying Giselle is bad but for an SM group idol her addition seems random for what she brings to the table in comparison to others. In a way she’s a bit like Yeri, who wasn’t necessarily brought in to RV for skills or visual but because of her youth and Giselle for her nationality and maybe because she might be related to someone Lee Sooman is allegedly dating.