Most interesting place that you've been to? (1 Viewer)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
I bet most of you would've thought that my answer would be Japan... But you're wrong. Of course Japan is my favourite place in the world. But how many people have you known that have made a trip to Japan?
Now. How many do you know that have made a trip to the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone?

After spending a large portion of my life wanting to visit and after many set backs (The fighting in Ukraine and that aeroplane being shot down) made it even more difficult to convince someone to come with me to the site of the worst nuclear disaster in history. But finally in 2016 I found a friend who was just as nuts as me. So we booked the tour and our flights and we then found ourselves at one of the most important locations in human history, and a time travel back to the Soviet Union era....









Entering a former Orphanage building.




Reactor 4 in the distance.


Reactor 4 up close.


Crossroads with roads leading to Pripyat as well as 'The Red' Forest'. One of the most radioactive places in the world.


Clean up on Aisle 3.....


The Pripyat Ferris Wheel. Possibly the most iconic location within the Exclusion Zone






Anyone up for a game of basketball?


No? How about some swimming instead?







A 360 degree view of the abandoned town of Pripyat with Chernobyl Reactor 4 in the distance



​
 
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
227
Reactions Received
1,002
Location
exoplanet
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
oooh so cool! I really want to visit there one day actually!

I don't have anything that interesting. The most interesting I'd say is the old town in Dubrovnik. It's quite a popular tourist spot but it was definitely still interesting and cool being there. Dubrovnik is a really old town and is a UNESCO World Heritage site for a reason


 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
This is going to be really weird, but the most interesting place I've been to was a 2 story Mcdonald's in Chicago. lol
These aren't my photos because I've only been here once and I went there when I was about 9 or 10 maybe? So, I had to google image it. lol.
Ngl, this place was the shit.
:welp:



 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
This is going to be really weird, but the most interesting place I've been to was a 2 story Mcdonald's in Chicago. lol
😳Is this heaven... It looks like it.
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I haven't been there in over a decade, but from what I can remember, it was amazing.
:pandalove:
Is that a rare occurrence or are there two story McDonalds errywhere?
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Is that a rare occurrence or are there two story McDonalds errywhere?
lol. Not everywhere, but I think they also have one in Florida and NYC.
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
lol. Not everywhere, but I think they also have one in Florida and NYC.
Is there like more service areas on second floor, or is there a dungeon where the workers live?
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
oooh so cool! I really want to visit there one day actually!

I don't have anything that interesting. The most interesting I'd say is the old town in Dubrovnik. It's quite a popular tourist spot but it was definitely still interesting and cool being there. Dubrovnik is a really old town and is a UNESCO World Heritage site for a reason


Did you visit Game of Thrones places?
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
No idea lol
It would explain why everytime I go to McD the workers take forever to make my McCafe... They are being overworked and housed in a dungeon..
 
  • Like
Reactions: Minuteman and lexus

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
This is going to be really weird, but the most interesting place I've been to was a 2 story Mcdonald's in Chicago. lol
These aren't my photos because I've only been here once and I went there when I was about 9 or 10 maybe? So, I had to google image it. lol.
Ngl, this place was the shit.
:welp:



OMG I've been there and it was so cool lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sory

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I don't have many places that are super interesting, so I'll just share two I know:

Back when I was in elementary and middle school, my family took a few vacations to the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. It's part of the Appalachian mountains so it's pretty heavily forested. It's really beautiful there, and I would love to go back at some point. We stayed in a nice cabin ever time and did hiking and other tourist things every time we went.
I had to search for images on Google
12524

12525

12526


And an example of a cabin in Pigeon Forge (the place we stayed every time)
12527

And then a place that I've visited much more often since it's much closer to home: The Indiana Dunes National Park. It's a forested area of sand dunes on the shore of Lake Michigan. It's a popular place for high school sports teams to bring their athletes to give them one hell of a workout. I know when I ran cross country, we went here every year and did a 6-8 mile run through the hiking trails and on the sand dunes. It sucked lol. It's cool too, because on a clear day, you can see Chicago across the lake when you are on the beach.
12528

12529

12530
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread