Movie genres you don't like/watch? (1 Viewer)

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don't like war movies based on real life stories/events because they remind me of the reality that people had to live in or are still living in.
I usually use movies as an escape from the depressing events that happen around us everyday.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I usually don't like gore, as in I watch a lot of horror movies too but I prefer psychological horror/something more atmospheric, cerebral rather than slasher types where there's just a lot of violence and limbs getting cut or torture scenes.

What's weird is I can stomach explicit violence pretty well in other movies- like war, serial killer, thrillers lol but I usually hate movies where that's the main genre.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
I don't like really sad movies, why would I want to cry when I have plenty of other reasons? :wimwim:

I usually don't like gore, as in I watch a lot of horror movies too but I prefer psychological horror/something more atmospheric, cerebral rather than slasher types where there's just a lot of violence and limbs getting cut or torture scenes.

What's weird is I can stomach explicit violence pretty well in other movies- like war, serial killer, thrillers lol but I usually hate movies where that's the main genre.
These too, I prefer horrors with ghosts and stuff, but I don't like the ones with a lot of blood and violence. I like to snack during movies :lisalaugh:
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I usually don't like gore, as in I watch a lot of horror movies too but I prefer psychological horror/something more atmospheric, cerebral rather than slasher types where there's just a lot of violence and limbs getting cut or torture scenes.

What's weird is I can stomach explicit violence pretty well in other movies- like war, serial killer, thrillers lol but I usually hate movies where that's the main genre.
i'm guessing you're a big fan of the SAW series then :susPepe::pepesmug::rosesmug:
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,598
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,438
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
this is probably way too specific but i tend to avoid tear-jerker dramas where the whole story revolves around a character who has some kind of terminal illness, which ends up being portrayed inaccurately anyway. i don't like war movies or many action movies either but this trope is what i hate the most. in fact i wrote a very long post on why i hate this so much in this thread. Discussion - Mass Media Tropes
not that i expect anyone to read it, i just want to show that i hate it to the point where i'm willing to write a whole essay to explain why
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Hmmm I used to be the same but then I watched 1917 and I think it's one of my favorite movies. So I no longer know-maybe documentaries???
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Hmmm I used to be the same but then I watched 1917 and I think it's one of my favorite movies. So I no longer know-maybe documentaries???
1917 is so good :sj_weary:
War movies are some of my fav when done well- 1917, Dunkirk, Saving Private Ryan.
I hate when they become melodramatic af tho- Pearl Harbor :nayeonisdone:
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,598
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,438
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Hmmm I used to be the same but then I watched 1917 and I think it's one of my favorite movies. So I no longer know-maybe documentaries???
1917 was amazing <3
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
1917 is so good :sj_weary:
War movies are some of my fav when done well- 1917, Dunkirk, Saving Private Ryan.
I hate when they become melodramatic af tho- Pearl Harbor :nayeonisdone:
I haven't watched many but 1917 was done beautiful the cinematography and the music was just amazing.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Hmmm I used to be the same but then I watched 1917 and I think it's one of my favorite movies. So I no longer know-maybe documentaries???
1917 is an exception to my usual aversion for them, i am too intrigued about it so i am going to watch it sooner than later
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
1917 is an exception to my usual aversion for them, i am too intrigued about it so i am going to watch it sooner than later
You absolutely need to the cinematography is something else entirely I adore it.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: OnlyCalB and Yili

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,598
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,438
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
It seriously was one of my favorite newer movies alongside Parasite (I know cliche)
not really cliche, i fully agree with you. both are such great movies. parasite became one of my favourite movies ever since i saw it the first time in september 2019. i went to see 1917 in theaters three times and even though war movies are not my thing either it's an experience i won't forget for a long time :sanapray:
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I avoid the tear-jerker movies and Horror movies. Most Horror's just seem to be way to similar and boring to me lol.

I watch movies for escapism so I love action, fantasy and sci-fi movies etc. Why would I watch a film that will make me cry, you know?
:lisalaugh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread