COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News "Music Bank" korean music chart show will be on hiatus for 3 weeks at year end (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar

In somewat shocking, yet unsurprising news released earlier today, KBS's "Music Bank'm" weekly music chart show announced a week break following an already announced break that is now included in the 3 week long break. Details follow.

"Music Bank” To Take 3-Week Break After Upcoming Episode

“Music Bank” will not be airing for a few weeks at the end of the year.

On December 9, the music show announced that the December 18 broadcast will be cancelled due to the 2020 KBS Song Festival.

Then on December 10, the music show shared that the December 25 broadcast and January 1 broadcast will also be cancelled.

The final “Music Bank” episode of the year will air on December 11 at 5 p.m. KST.

Previously, “Inkigayo” announced a three-week break as well.

Sources (1) (2)
(1) 뮤직뱅크
(2) KBS2 '뮤직뱅크', 11일 방송 후 3주 결방 확정…연말결산도 무산되나 - 이창규 기자 - 톱스타뉴스

This reporter/re-poster feels this is good as OMG maknae Arin can take a rest as MC as well as her co-MC Soobin (i think), well Arin supposedly pre-recorded today sth for Gayo daechukjae so we shall see. Now back to you and next sports news coming up.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Same as every year to be honest. All the big chart shows break in December and comeback in January.

The usually have a renovation/makeover of their stage and sets too for when they return after the xmas/new-year break.

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Same as every year to be honest. All the big chart shows break in December and comeback in January.

The usually have a renovation/makeover of their stage and sets too for when they return after the xmas/new-year break.
I thot it was for a different reason honestly, cos a recent thread here asked if all music shows shd be stopped/cancelled/delayed for a few weeks, n the shows themselbes nvr announced earlier if they were gonna stop/take a break or continue on till next yr. Oh well, im kinda relieved tat Arin will hv a short break from MCing n can enjoy her yr-end but for all the attendees it kinds sucks i guess. You cant hv everything, tho. Lets see if the gayos n such are held or not, tho i read today they were prerecording, mebbe? Or it was just rehearsal for the stages? I guess we'll find out l8r then.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
I thot it was for a different reason honestly, cos a recent thread here asked if all music shows shd be stopped/cancelled/delayed for a few weeks, n the shows themselbes nvr announced earlier if they were gonna stop/take a break or continue on till next yr. Oh well, im kinda relieved tat Arin will hv a short break from MCing n can enjoy her yr-end but for all the attendees it kinds sucks i guess. You cant hv everything, tho. Lets see if the gayos n such are held or not, tho i read today they were prerecording, mebbe? Or it was just rehearsal for the stages? I guess we'll find out l8r then.
I hope those stages for the year-end shows are indeed all pre-recorded. They don't need to be there live and mixed together as that's just asking for trouble.

And yes, the chart shows always take a break at this time for sure. It's weird, but I usually look forward to their renovations each time they comeback after the xmas/new-year break. Some stage designs these chart shows make are really nice so it's good to see what they come up with, you know?

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I hope those stages for the year-end shows are indeed all pre-recorded. They don't need to be there live and mixed together as that's just asking for trouble.

And yes, the chart shows always take a break at this time for sure. It's weird, but I usually look forward to their renovations each time they comeback after the xmas/new-year break. Some stage designs these chart shows make are really nice so it's good to see what they come up with, you know?
'Sfunny no one mentioned/i dint notice reading in the recent thread here about weekly music shows being off as a regular thing at the end of the year, ig everyone posting was as unfamiliar as i was abt this.

I hvnt been watching the weekly music shows intensely enuf (maybe only when my faves are on, or im bored) to notice if/when they redecorate the stage, its good they do it at year end then. N start anew in the new year.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
'Sfunny no one mentioned/i dint notice reading in the recent thread here about weekly music shows being off as a regular thing at the end of the year, ig everyone posting was as unfamiliar as i was abt this.

I hvnt been watching the weekly music shows intensely enuf (maybe only when my faves are on, or im bored) to notice if/when they redecorate the stage, its good they do it at year end then. N start anew in the new year.
For sure. I guess I spend quite a lot of time watching these shows as they often come up in my sub feed, pretty much everyday they are one. Even when I'm not watching them when my faves are on haha. I have a lot of faves though so I watch these shows a lot.

Some chart shows even take a short break half way through the year for a renovation too. So they actually have 2 stage makeovers a year lol.

So far, MBC Show Champion has impressed me most in the past with their stage designs. They even offered props to the idols/artists for free! Those stages were beautiful!

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Its normal but it sucks for me since IZone just came back..

Almost like we can never catch a break.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread