Appreciation My 2021 Top 20 kpop songs list (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,095
Reactions Received
52,962
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,608
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
:PandaUnicorn:TOP 5 SONGS OF 2021! :PandaUnicorn:

Inspired by @SeulPika here is my personal 2021 Top 20 kpop songs. It is entirely my own opinion, some might not be included cos i dint listen to enuf(or other arbitrary reasons)

#1. IVE - ELEVEN



#2~5 (otherwise Unranked): aespa - Savage



#2~5 (otherwise Unranked): Rosé - On The Ground



#2~5 (otherwise Unranked): EVERGLOW - FIRST



#2~5 (otherwise Unranked): WJSN The Black - Easy



#6~10 (otherwise unranked within tat) aespa - NEXT LEVEL



SOMI - XOXO



SOMI - DUMB DUMB



EVERGLOW - Pirate



WJSN - Unnatural



Honorable mention(probably in top 15 of all songs new to me in 2021): Brave Girls - Rollin'



#11~20 (otherwise unranked) ONEWE - Rain To Be



N.Flying - Moonshot



Oh My Girl - DUN DUN DANCE



Wendy - Like Water



Taeyeon - Weekend



Red Velvet - Queendom



Yuqi - Giant



Joy - Hello




ITZY - Mafia in the Morning



Soyeon - BEAM BEAM



These r my personal 2021 Top 20 kpop songs. Any thots or comments abt my picks? Pls leave 'em below. Thnx.
@Girl Group@Boy Group
Also tagging some peeps to hear from u @RandAlThor @Drew_B @Vee @OnlyCalB @Abeamus @Yukiitan @Yili @izcream if i dint tag u, its cos its ard 4am n maybe my memory is bad-not cos of anything else)​
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,095
Reactions Received
52,962
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,608
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I actually like a surprising amount of songs in your top picks
do a top 20 kpop list, vikki. im curious if any overlap or if u mostly hv bg/male soloist songs? i was tempted to include key's bad love or hate that, but i dint feel compelled to listen much (not cos of the songs, more like feeling burnedout-so if a late 2021 song is included, i listened to it slightly more/liked it enuf to include it; sorta similar with early 2021 songs-if not included means i dint listen much to it later on.)
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,391
Reactions Received
151,403
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
do a top 20 kpop list, vikki. im curious if any overlap or if u mostly hv bg/male soloist songs? i was tempted to include key's bad love or hate that, but i dint feel compelled to listen much (not cos of the songs, more like feeling burnedout-so if a late 2021 song is included, i listened to it slightly more/liked it enuf to include it; sorta similar with early 2021 songs-if not included means i dint listen much to it later on.)
I’m doing a top 100 of songs in general, I’ll pull out the top 20 title tracks from that too. Off the top of my head I’m not sure the distribution of male and female, I’ll see when I make the list.
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,095
Reactions Received
52,962
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,608
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I’m doing a top 100 of songs in general, I’ll pull out the top 20 title tracks from that too. Off the top of my head I’m not sure the distribution of male and female, I’ll see when I make the list.
ooh, top 100. i dont think i hv even top 50, maybe not top 40 or top 30 songs i could list off the top of my head (tat i listened to n enjoyed/rptly listened to).

anticipating ur picks, vikki.
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Naturally I love every GG song you've mentioned.
:pandahappy: :nekolove:

I've checked out N.Flying in their early days and liked them but never really followed their later releases. The song you posted is really good though so I'll have to check more N.Flying songs for sure.
:lucastwerk:

And Onewe... I like that song too. Never checked them out before but if they are a boy band I guess I'll have too!
:susPepe:
 

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,167
Reactions Received
46,825
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,771
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I want to do one! These songs, many of them are just BOPS!
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,095
Reactions Received
52,962
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,608
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I should make a similar top :)) a lot of taste there
yes, do it yukiitan. Even better do it b4 2021 is over for good timing.

Naturally I love every GG song you've mentioned.
:pandahappy: :nekolove:

I've checked out N.Flying in their early days and liked them but never really followed their later releases. The song you posted is really good though so I'll have to check more N.Flying songs for sure.
:lucastwerk:

And Onewe... I like that song too. Never checked them out before but if they are a boy band I guess I'll have too!
:susPepe:
The thing tat i rmbr is b4 i clicked on N.Flying randomly in early(ard mar/april) 2021 is tat i dint watch/listen to much bg/male soloist kpop-maybe only NELL up to then. so for youtube to recommend n.flying AND for me to click n watch/listen to em was srsly serendipitous; same for ONEWE considering how much i love iv come to love Veronica, Aurora n Rain To Be. i just rlly love both bands sound, it just fits my taste.

I want to do one! These songs, many of them are just BOPS!
do it, do it , do it. at first it seemed to be quite difficult for me to assemble 20 (or however many u want-it could be 5 if tats more doable), but i rlly got into it the longer i pondered it, took me less than 24 hrs-but was thinking abt it for more than a week; ever since seulpika's top 5/guess his top 5 thread/our convo happened. it'll be good to hv a record for posterity too(i regret not doing a look bk on 2020 at end of last year/early this yr; tho i did a kinda draft but i bailed on it cos of no time/example/inspo to finish it. plus i was partially motivated by administrator2 at the time, but he was already partially/mostly semi active, which dampened my enthusiasm for finishing it.)
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow and OnlyCalB

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,167
Reactions Received
46,825
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
181,771
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yes, do it yukiitan. Even better do it b4 2021 is over for good timing.


The thing tat i rmbr is b4 i clicked on N.Flying randomly in early(ard mar/april) 2021 is tat i dint watch/listen to much bg/male soloist kpop-maybe only NELL up to then. so for youtube to recommend n.flying AND for me to click n watch/listen to em was srsly serendipitous; same for ONEWE considering how much i love iv come to love Veronica, Aurora n Rain To Be. i just rlly love both bands sound, it just fits my taste.


do it, do it , do it. at first it seemed to be quite difficult for me to assemble 20 (or however many u want-it could be 5 if tats more doable), but i rlly got into it the longer i pondered it, took me less than 24 hrs-but was thinking abt it for more than a week; ever since seulpika's top 5/guess his top 5 thread/our convo happened. it'll be good to hv a record for posterity too(i regret not doing a look bk on 2020 at end of last year/early this yr; tho i did a kinda draft but i bailed on it cos of no time/example/inspo to finish it. plus i was partially motivated by administrator2 at the time, but he was already partially/mostly semi active, which dampened my enthusiasm for finishing it.)
awwwwwww sorry to hear the last part! But yeah, I'll definitely start on mine tonight.
 
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,271
Reactions Received
76,674
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,950
Ship
Wreck
I'm not going to comment on every song because that would sound incredibly brutal as very little stood out to me this year to the point where I'd struggle to make a top 10 that didn't have at least a song I thought was just okay.

So I'll just post my top 3 from your list

1. Dun Dun Dance
2. Hello
3. Unnatural
 
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,095
Reactions Received
52,962
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,608
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
awwwwwww sorry to hear the last part! But yeah, I'll definitely start on mine tonight.
tats ok, it (my doing a list of top 2020 kpop songs) was partially motivated by a debate disagreement/difference of opinion abt 2 songs in particular; so i felt in the end it would hv been piling on him to ask for a poll vote to validate my opinion/see which song (if any of those 2) KS users agreed on was the better. ìn the end, the end of 2020 pushed the decision out of my hands to do the poll(if id realised/put aside my competitiveness instead, i coulda just done a top 5/10/20-without trying to prove i was right to administrator2: it coulda been a conciliatory step cos i did think his opinion of the better song was his valid opinion, n it was at least in my top 10/20 kpop songs but alas i was too stubborn then to see how i could hv made a top 20 list last yr without putting aside my competitiveness.) alas for me.

I'm not going to comment on every song because that would sound incredibly brutal as very little stood out to me this year to the point where I'd struggle to make a top 10 that didn't have at least a song I thought was just okay.

So I'll just post my top 3 from your list

1. Dun Dun Dance
2. Hello
3. Unnatural
hey, at least u think Hello n Unnatural are better than just ok, so tats a bonus tat i learned ur opinion of Joy/Hello n WJSN/Unnatural-which i would nvr hv thot to ask u; nor would i hv expected u to volunteer ur opinion otherwise(we hvnt discussed songs outside ur tournaments or maybe not even then, so its nice to hear some of ur comments abt songs i liked.

srry im not responding/reply to every comment, at least not rn.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,095
Reactions Received
52,962
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,608
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
  • Love
Reactions: Wingfrost

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
  • Love
Reactions: LoveYooShaSha
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,095
Reactions Received
52,962
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,608
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
ive at #1 omg who would have expected stevi to fall so hard for ive :nakypog:
iv been watching/listening to ELEVEN so much in December its cray-cray, the sound/music n the vocals grabbed my heart at first listen. Leeseo becoming my bias within a day/hrs(?) just sealed it.

ELEVEN just uplifts my soul every time i listen/watch (n i dont even rlly believe in a literal soul, so maybe its just figurative-but the effects of it <the song ELEVEN> on me r real!!!)
 
  • Love
Reactions: izcream

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread