- Joined
- 24 March 2020
- Messages
- 618
- Reactions Received
- 1,365
- Location
- The Dao
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Fandom
- Carat
- Gender
- Female
Usually! All my threads involve others, and interacting with others. But today is a special day for me because it is actually the 2nd year I came out to my family.
Some people may think, “Is there a reason to write about it?”Yes! Specifically because my family actually didn’t understand other sexualities besides heterosexual. Nothing wrong with it, but I knew at a young age. I had a romantic gaze for girls and boys. But at the same time. I found out I was of the Asexual spectrum. I was attracted to the personalities, and souls. I felt I was coming out to late because I had to hide a lot of my relationships with women, and could only be open about being with men. I decided to come out, and it felt refreshing to see I had some members who still accepted me, and others said it was a phase, but
I’ve tested that theory…many times. It was not lol.
I turned 26th on the 4th of this month. So I was 24. So don’t ever feel you’re late. Sometimes we want to finally tell others, and others may want to keep it away because of others. Being an asexual has actually helped me a lot in finding comfort in myself.
Adore whoever you adore, and be whatever you desire.
Sorry if this was a rant. I celebrate this day because you don’t know how long I was forced to a standard. I kept it up for expectations until I was able to separate more. I’ve also been accepted more of my ethnicity, and I’m hoping one day. I can finally start to admit that to more people.
Apparently it was a really big deal to friends and also an identity. I just am not entirely in a supportive environment for multiple reasons.