Sensitive My Journey Is Getting Better (2 Viewers)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
TW/CW Body Image Issues and Food/Mentions of EDs

So I've struggled with my body for my entire life.
Been bullied by family and classmates, and friends even for my eating habits.
My size and more-I never really was overweight despite this.
I was actually oftentimes underweight.

But I had a very messed-up relationship with my body.
And because so many people would comment on my figure I had a very distorted view of my body.
To the point of sucking in my gut almost the entire day. I legit did this through most of my life.
It started in Middle School (In MS people made fun of me for looking anorexic)
and continued until college too.
I just hated the way I looked and I actually did get overweight at some point in High school.
(I won't say my weight at that time as it can be misleading).
But in my Junior/Senior year of High School, I was fed up.
I got told by my doctor that I needed to lose weight and my mom at this time and a little bit before was also on her own journey.
So I basically joined her. I was eating better. Avoiding fast food, sodas, and also trying to avoid corn and soy.
I was just drinking water and some tea.

I managed to lose up to 30 pounds.
Then at some point, I lost too much weight and my mother was worried.
I wasn't skin and bones by any means but I looked too frail in her opinion and to top it off
around this time I started to have a lot of stomach problems and we both were worried something was wrong.
I had to go get some testing done, some bloodwork done, and even be put under for some procedures.
When it came down to it I was revealed to have an Autoimmune disease called Celiac Disease.
Essentially I can't eat anything with gluten in it. If I do my body will basically attack my intestines.
If I don't monitor what I'm eating thoroughly and carefully I can wind up with a GI tract that is damaged
to the point of me not absorbing nutrients and possibly winding up with a bunch more diseases as a result of it.

The process to start eating gluten-free was a rough one for me.
I gained some weight back because my body was becoming healthier again.
I was not overweight or underweight-I was a healthy weight but because I knew I had gained weight.
My brain was in panic mode and I was super depressed for the longest time.
I didn't like that I had gained weight. I wanted to lose it.
I didn't feel confident in my body.
And I was mad that this disease and taking care of it made me gain back weight.
I was so upset.
I would skip meals sometimes just because I would get so nervous asking the school
about gluten-free options. I felt embarrassed and like a burden.
Making things ACTUALLY gluten-free is a pain in the ass and I didn't want to have people do that
just for me.
I wound up getting off my school's meal plan so I could just take meals from home and eat them in my dorm room.
Yes, I would legit go home every weekend just so I could get meals made

that I could bring back to my dorm and eat in my room. Just to avoid asking for gluten-free shit.
I still have a hard time asking at restaurants if I can have a gluten-free menu-simply because not every place has them.
It's embarrassing to walk into a place and ask if they have gluten-free options and for them to say no.

I don't know how to describe it but I felt really limited and like I was starting from square one with my weight loss.
I mean I basically was-I had to figure out a new diet that was good for me.
I had to figure out how I wanted to work out again.

It was like restarting and it was hard to get the momentum I so craved.
I wanted immediate results. But over the last few weeks, I've gotten better with my eating.
I have a workout app that I use almost every day to get my activity in-and I'm already beginning to lose weight again.

I don't know why I wanted to write out this post.
I just felt really good about my body today and wanted to share this.
Maybe it'll encourage others who are struggling-I don't know.

But regardless, I had a very skewed view of my body my ENTIRE life.
And I am just now starting to see what it really looks like and I'm happy.

I hope ya'll know you are gorgeous and stunning and that you are KILLING it!!!

:pandalove: :pandalove: :pandalove: :pandalove:
​
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I did have body image issues when I was younger, but I think it was mostly due to what other people were telling me. I did try out many diets and eating plans since for both weight and then stomach issues too, but it didnt' rly work out well. For me things did go different way though since when I finally became adult people stopped commenting on my body and my diet so much I have adapted just non caring attitude. I weight myself very rarely and dont' rly watch what I eat or when i exercice. It's not healthiest option, but has worked for me so far. I could be healthier, but would i be happier I'm not sure? :lazypotato:
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I did have body image issues when I was younger, but I think it was mostly due to what other people were telling me. I did try out many diets and eating plans since for both weight and then stomach issues too, but it didnt' rly work out well. For me things did go different way though since when I finally became adult people stopped commenting on my body and my diet so much I have adapted just non caring attitude. I weight myself very rarely and dont' rly watch what I eat or when i exercice. It's not healthiest option, but has worked for me so far. I could be healthier, but would i be happier I'm not sure? :lazypotato:
The best part is just figuring out what works for you as long as you aren't hurting yourself-so I'd say you got it down.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
The best part is just figuring out what works for you as long as you aren't hurting yourself-so I'd say you got it down.
True :) People are different so one option isn't for everyone and it's important to keep good balance in whatever you are doing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips
Joined
3 January 2021
Messages
9,062
Reactions Received
8,671
Location
Hugging the brightest star next to the moon
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,302
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Gender
Female, Non-Binary, Other
Pronouns
She/Her
TW/CW Body Image Issues and Food/Mentions of EDs

So I've struggled with my body for my entire life.
Been bullied by family and classmates, and friends even for my eating habits.
My size and more-I never really was overweight despite this.
I was actually oftentimes underweight.

But I had a very messed-up relationship with my body.
And because so many people would comment on my figure I had a very distorted view of my body.
To the point of sucking in my gut almost the entire day. I legit did this through most of my life.
It started in Middle School (In MS people made fun of me for looking anorexic)
and continued until college too.
I just hated the way I looked and I actually did get overweight at some point in High school.
(I won't say my weight at that time as it can be misleading).
But in my Junior/Senior year of High School, I was fed up.
I got told by my doctor that I needed to lose weight and my mom at this time and a little bit before was also on her own journey.
So I basically joined her. I was eating better. Avoiding fast food, sodas, and also trying to avoid corn and soy.
I was just drinking water and some tea.

I managed to lose up to 30 pounds.
Then at some point, I lost too much weight and my mother was worried.
I wasn't skin and bones by any means but I looked too frail in her opinion and to top it off
around this time I started to have a lot of stomach problems and we both were worried something was wrong.
I had to go get some testing done, some bloodwork done, and even be put under for some procedures.
When it came down to it I was revealed to have an Autoimmune disease called Celiac Disease.
Essentially I can't eat anything with gluten in it. If I do my body will basically attack my intestines.
If I don't monitor what I'm eating thoroughly and carefully I can wind up with a GI tract that is damaged
to the point of me not absorbing nutrients and possibly winding up with a bunch more diseases as a result of it.

The process to start eating gluten-free was a rough one for me.
I gained some weight back because my body was becoming healthier again.
I was not overweight or underweight-I was a healthy weight but because I knew I had gained weight.
My brain was in panic mode and I was super depressed for the longest time.
I didn't like that I had gained weight. I wanted to lose it.
I didn't feel confident in my body.
And I was mad that this disease and taking care of it made me gain back weight.
I was so upset.
I would skip meals sometimes just because I would get so nervous asking the school
about gluten-free options. I felt embarrassed and like a burden.
Making things ACTUALLY gluten-free is a pain in the ass and I didn't want to have people do that
just for me.
I wound up getting off my school's meal plan so I could just take meals from home and eat them in my dorm room.
Yes, I would legit go home every weekend just so I could get meals made

that I could bring back to my dorm and eat in my room. Just to avoid asking for gluten-free shit.
I still have a hard time asking at restaurants if I can have a gluten-free menu-simply because not every place has them.
It's embarrassing to walk into a place and ask if they have gluten-free options and for them to say no.

I don't know how to describe it but I felt really limited and like I was starting from square one with my weight loss.
I mean I basically was-I had to figure out a new diet that was good for me.
I had to figure out how I wanted to work out again.

It was like restarting and it was hard to get the momentum I so craved.
I wanted immediate results. But over the last few weeks, I've gotten better with my eating.
I have a workout app that I use almost every day to get my activity in-and I'm already beginning to lose weight again.

I don't know why I wanted to write out this post.
I just felt really good about my body today and wanted to share this.
Maybe it'll encourage others who are struggling-I don't know.

But regardless, I had a very skewed view of my body my ENTIRE life.
And I am just now starting to see what it really looks like and I'm happy.

I hope ya'll know you are gorgeous and stunning and that you are KILLING it!!!

:pandalove: :pandalove: :pandalove: :pandalove:
​
I haven't been diagnosed with a ED but I struggle with too much weight to the point to where it's effecting my health. I am working hard as I can to lose it and have always disliked my body and how I look.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I haven't been diagnosed with a ED but I struggle with too much weight to the point to where it's effecting my health. I am working hard as I can to lose it and have always disliked my body and how I look.
I hope you can find some peace and something that works for you so you can love your body and be healthier.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Jewel
Joined
3 January 2021
Messages
9,062
Reactions Received
8,671
Location
Hugging the brightest star next to the moon
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,302
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Gender
Female, Non-Binary, Other
Pronouns
She/Her
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,597
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,428
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i'm happy to hear that! struggling with body image since school is something i can personally relate to as well, ever since the age of 8 here they would weigh every student in front of all classmates, which now i find absolutely horrifying. being the heaviest one in the class (also the tallest but no one paid attention to that as much as they did to the weight) affected me to the point where at the age of 11-12 i would give away my school food to others so that no one at home would notice that i was barely eating. it didn't end up well for me in the long run and i'm starting to see that but kids that age are cruel to each other. anyway i'm really glad you're doing better now, i hope things continue going well for you :sanapray:
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
i'm happy to hear that! struggling with body image since school is something i can personally relate to as well, ever since the age of 8 here they would weigh every student in front of all classmates, which now i find absolutely horrifying. being the heaviest one in the class (also the tallest but no one paid attention to that as much as they did to the weight) affected me to the point where at the age of 11-12 i would give away my school food to others so that no one at home would notice that i was barely eating. it didn't end up well for me in the long run and i'm starting to see that but kids that age are cruel to each other. anyway i'm really glad you're doing better now, i hope things continue going well for you :sanapray:
Thanks Eclip! Sorry you had to go through that-I can't imagine being weighed in front of my classmates. That would be horrifying.
 
  • Love
Reactions: eclipsoul

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,597
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,428
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Thanks Eclip! Sorry you had to go through that-I can't imagine being weighed in front of my classmates. That would be horrifying.
they assumed that there would be no place for the kids to wait so everyone just went in together and was able to see everyone being weighed. that school did lots of messed up things but this was definitely one of the worst.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
they assumed that there would be no place for the kids to wait so everyone just went in together and was able to see everyone being weighed. that school did lots of messed up things but this was definitely one of the worst.
Did a lot of kids not have access to doctors for weights?
 
  • Like
Reactions: eclipsoul

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,597
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,428
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Did a lot of kids not have access to doctors for weights?
i don't know but that was not the reason why they did this, it was just during a PE class and nobody questioned why they would weigh us
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread