- Joined
- 18 November 2018
- Messages
- 13,505
- Reactions Received
- 41,701
- Location
- Estonia
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 514
- Gender
- Non-Binary
- Pronouns
- He/They
- Ship
- Wreck
Well not exactly on climate change, my stance on that is simple... It's real.
but my stance on how it is portrayed and fed to the masses is so fucking stupid and idiotic it makes me want to bash my head in every time I see it.
So much of the information that is told about climate change and how and what it affects things is so... so... wrong or it leaves out a lot of important details.
For example It will destroy the coral reefs. The coral reefs are getting bleached and will be destroyed.
The reality of that is, the coral reefs will just reappear somewhere else. In the history of the planet earth and in the times corals have existed, the climate HAS already changed and gotten warmer and colder etc etc. Just because this time the change is caused by human activity, doesn't mean the corals will react any differently. The corals won't disappear, they will just relocate.
Another example will be a very specific one... I was watching a BBC nature show and there was this bit about Albatross chicks and how climate change causes storms that can push chicks out of the nest. That is a problem because albatross parents recognize the chicks because they are in their nest. If the chick is out of the nest the parent won't recognize it.
And then... Then... Mr David Attenborough himself. In his beautiful voice said... This creates a problem the Albatross are not equipped to handle. Sounds legit so far right. Only like a minute later they showed the chick climbing back into the nest. NOT EQUIPPED TO HANDLE???? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING!!??? I know not all chicks will be able to climb back in. I know due to climate change prolly more chicks are falling out of nests BUT...How TF does that = not able to handle.
And these are just a few example, but again and again I see so much dumbed down and dramatized shit about climate change. I know it is probably because people are dumb and need to be shocked for them to care. But still.. The idiocy makes me angry.
but my stance on how it is portrayed and fed to the masses is so fucking stupid and idiotic it makes me want to bash my head in every time I see it.
So much of the information that is told about climate change and how and what it affects things is so... so... wrong or it leaves out a lot of important details.
For example It will destroy the coral reefs. The coral reefs are getting bleached and will be destroyed.
The reality of that is, the coral reefs will just reappear somewhere else. In the history of the planet earth and in the times corals have existed, the climate HAS already changed and gotten warmer and colder etc etc. Just because this time the change is caused by human activity, doesn't mean the corals will react any differently. The corals won't disappear, they will just relocate.
Another example will be a very specific one... I was watching a BBC nature show and there was this bit about Albatross chicks and how climate change causes storms that can push chicks out of the nest. That is a problem because albatross parents recognize the chicks because they are in their nest. If the chick is out of the nest the parent won't recognize it.
And then... Then... Mr David Attenborough himself. In his beautiful voice said... This creates a problem the Albatross are not equipped to handle. Sounds legit so far right. Only like a minute later they showed the chick climbing back into the nest. NOT EQUIPPED TO HANDLE???? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING!!??? I know not all chicks will be able to climb back in. I know due to climate change prolly more chicks are falling out of nests BUT...How TF does that = not able to handle.
And these are just a few example, but again and again I see so much dumbed down and dramatized shit about climate change. I know it is probably because people are dumb and need to be shocked for them to care. But still.. The idiocy makes me angry.