COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Movie My takeaway from BLACKPINK's Netflix documentary (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
But when im blunt, ppl get offended or avoid talking to me. I want friends who will talk to me.

Yeah, i need a meter that tells me wat ppl r saying is true or just lying to my face, to b nice, would make not hving to guess if they mean wat they say n my life much easier. Nvr happen ig. Ppl just want to avoid conflict, including me. I can only b blunt in certain situations n among v close friends.

This is not the analysis i might hv written in response to notthatmarko asked for. Srry, still digesting n processing wat im willing to put down 4 others to read, its not offensive i dont think so or anything, just chaotic n unfocused, all over thecplaceneed to organize a bit n summarise/prioritisemain/important pts.
(Well, ill just click post cos im watching/listening to the doc in the bg) no time to read my draft/correctbit
If people get offended because you tell it as is, then they are not the right people to be with.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I am halfway through it and it makes the girls more likable, but likability was never there problem.
I was sad when they talked about choosing their costumes as favourite artistic choice and how much time they have to spent on marketing, allowing Rose only to be a musician at times she should sleep.
I think some parts of it are fake like teddy and the girls telling that only the four of them sounded right together (Miyeon's voice would be such a good fit for them, being in the range between jisoo and rose) and you can see this documentary is highly crafted in a way to let them shine positively.

It is still nice to see some early videos from them and part of their way and impressions. They seem to be genuin most of the times when talking about their impressions, but they never go into details where it could get ugly (i.e. how exactly they got scolded or treated for doing something "wrong").

It is more like pr for them instead of a totally free objective documentary from the outside.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
If people get offended because you tell it as is, then they are not the right people to be with.
Even my family/loved ones?
Asian cultural differences, ig.:nayeonisdone::irenecrazy::naeunstare::naeunshock:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
id disagree, I felt like the documentary showed the girls more genuine personalities. I just wish it was longer, I felt like it hit everything in the right way.

it totally disproved the whole notion that bp are just puppets in the industry who don't work hard. these girls worked their asses off to be where they are, and I felt like the documentary shows just how they got there.

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I don't know about scripted but I think they were using more english for the crew since a lot of them didn't speak korean. The director said YG had little to do with the doc or interference but of course there are some things they just know not to say, as any other idol

I know Rosie's voice is a hot topic amongst nonfans and "she sounded better before" but I cannot stress enough how much I disagree with it. Her untrained tone was boring. Her voice gives a lot of color to BP although I agree she suits rock songs more.

The documentary humanizes the girls a lot but I wish they would have taken 5 minutes to drag their abundance of haters, especially Jennie and Lisa

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Toxic
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
id disagree, I felt like the documentary showed the girls more genuine personalities. I just wish it was longer, I felt like it hit everything in the right way.

it totally disproved the whole notion that bp are just puppets in the industry who don't work hard. these girls worked their asses off to be where they are, and I felt like the documentary shows just how they got there.
Wonder what's gonna happen to all the YG stans that say the girls don't care about music and don't put in any effort ikonics:naeunshock:

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
But when im blunt, ppl get offended or avoid talking to me. I want friends who will talk to me.
We only need few friends in life, tbh

Like the 4 friends in blackpink

so i dont go off topic

jasque

Antifragile
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
From the few parts i watched...

Teddy seemed like too cold, numb.

Idk, the dude must still be sad for reasons.

Idk if he was always like that, could be personality.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Exo L
Ship
I’m gonna watch it when I get out the shower 🚿
Wait.. You're in the shower. How do you use kps from the shower? :sanathink:Is your phone made from the skin of a water pokemon or something...

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wait.. You're in the shower. How do you use kps from the shower? :sanathink:Is your phone made from the skin of a water pokemon or something...
he's got a flesh phone, just as water proof as he is
1602819243657.png

Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Reactions Received
Website
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
Nah, I was just about to go in the shower before I typed that lol
You showered n posted tat reply on so many days ago, hv you watched the doc yet? N write how you think/react/feel abt it, soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread