Appreciation My top 20 Red Velvet songs (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I deciced to make one of my top 10 songs from a particular group but it is frustating for Red Velvet since they have my favorite Kpop discography so I decided to make a top 20.
I prefer their red side and it's noticeable. My favotite albums from them are The Velvet, Summer magic and The Red summer, my least favorite is Rookie. Yes I know it's blasphemy.

1/ One of the nights : I either absolutely love ballads or hate them. One of these nights has something particular, it's full of nostalgia ansd the mv makes me think to a sad fairy tale.



2/ You better know : certainly one of Red Velvet most interesting songs vocally wise



3/ Ice cream cake : when Red Velvet slays the cute concept in their own personal way. Certainly their song with the best rap.



4/ Mr.E : it's joyful and beautiful at the same time.



5/ Dumb Dumb : one of their most addictive song, I absolutely love Irene weird rap



6/ Hit that drum : The instrumental and the beat are gold



7/ Happiness : Wendy iconic part really makes her shine, an underrated debut song



8/ Zoo : a summer anthem which could have seriously challenged the queen Red Flavor itself for the title track position.



9/ Peekaboo : I didnt like it that much at the beginning but it grew on me. Yeri parts stand out here for me. Their most interesting concept and mv. My favorite era from them as for the aesthetic



10/ Something kinda crazy : I recognize a slight retro inspiration here. Vocals on point on this b-side.



11/ Rookie : addictive as fuck. I love the choreography. Visually this era is wild. We are in a world inspired by Alice in Wonderland an the next second there are spaceships. Seulgi era for me.

12/ Cool world : unique and chill

13/ Zimzalabim : unique and risky, not for everyone I guess

14/ Kingdom come : the perfect R'n'B chill song

15/ Russian roulette : the perfect mixt between Red Velvet sides

16/ Sunny side up : could have also been the title track

17/ Time slip : simple and beautiful

18/ Butterflies : Very unique ,it reminds of a f(x) song

19/ Cool Hot sweet love : elegant song and choreography

20/ Bad Dracula : another quirky song

Honorable mentions : Bad Boy, Lucky girl, Parade, Mosquito, Camp fire

And you which Red Velvet songs do you prefer ?
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Almost forgot to add my favorite songs. These aren't in any order either.

- Rookie
- Rose Scent Breeze
- Little Little
- Russian Roulette
- Lucky Girl
- You Better Know
- Dumb Dumb
- Oh Boy
- With You
- Light Me Up
- Talk To Me
- Body Talk
- Bad Dracula
- Automatic
- Be Natural
- Happiness
- Swimming Pool
- Bad Boy

I tried to make it to 20. :nekosweat:
 

Minuteman

Another Settlement Needs Your Help
.
.
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
7,387
Reactions Received
22,724
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Omg I love your list!

Here are mine. I also tried to do 20 but it was hard to just limit it to that many! I also didn't number them but this is probably close to the order it would be in.

Peek-A-Boo
Rookie
Happiness
Happily Ever After
Automatic
Kingdom Come
One Of These Nights (Piano Version)
Lucky Girl
Oh Boy
Sunny Side Up
Bad Boy
Zoo
Sassy Me
Russian Roulette
You Better Know
#Cookie Jar
Mr. E
All Right
Body Talk
Really Bad Boy
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Omg I love your list!

Here are mine. I also tried to do 20 but it was hard to just limit it to that many! I also didn't number them but this is probably close to the order it would be in.

Peek-A-Boo
Rookie
Happiness
Happily Ever After
Automatic
Kingdom Come
One Of These Nights (Piano Version)
Lucky Girl
Oh Boy
Sunny Side Up
Bad Boy
Zoo
Sassy Me
Russian Roulette
You Better Know
#Cookie Jar
Mr. E
All Right
Body Talk
Really Bad Boy
I love yours too. :pandalove:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
what a nice list
 

dnb

Supporting Table Unnie
.
Joined
28 May 2019
Messages
8,716
Reactions Received
8,198
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
22,135
Fandom
Reveluv, Sone
Here's my list. First few songs are in order; the rest are not.
  1. One Of These Nights
  2. Kingdom Come
  3. Bad Boy
  4. Would U - love the harmonies and the gospel-tinged piano and choir
  5. My Second Date - best represents the quirky side of Red Velvet
  6. Russian Roulette
  7. Blue Lemonade
  8. Dumb Dumb - would rank this higher if it didn't wear me out on repeated listenings (because so much is going on)
  • Taste - has so many old Motown cues, like the spoken intro, the bass line, and the fading wah-wah-wah-wah-wah
  • About Love - put on good headphones and listen to that R&B organ as it drives the song
  • Be Natural
  • Automatic
  • LP
  • Day 1 - actually saw them do this live in concert
  • Hear The Sea - would love to hear them do this live
  • Cool World
  • You Better Know
  • All Right - We all know CW and YBK are uplifting songs. So's this one. It's about cheering up a depressed friend. Here are the lyrics.
  • Sappy - has this weird but appealing mixture of Japanese and New Orleans jazz in the horns and rhythms
  • Lady's Room - didn't really appreciate this until I saw the conversations acted out in their Red Room performance
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
  1. One of These Nights
  2. Rose Scent Breeze
  3. Peek A Boo
  4. Kingdom Come
  5. Be Natural
  6. Automatic
  7. Would U
  8. 2nd Date
  9. Red Flavor
  10. Blue Lemonade
  11. Butterflies
  12. So Good
  13. Ice Cream Cake
  14. Russian Roulette
  15. Cool World
  16. You Better Know
  17. I Just
  18. Time Slip
 
  • Love
Reactions: Evergreen
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
1. Red Dress
2. One of These Nights
3. Swimming Pool
4. Kingdom Come
5. Red Flavour
6. Candy
7. Cool World
8. You Better Know
9. Would U
10. Bad Boy
11. Dumb Dumb
12. Look
13. Wish Tree
14. Butterflies
15. Peekaboo
16. Ice Cream Cake
17. Perfect 10
18. Blue Lemonade
19. Hear the Sea
20. Hit That Drum
 
  • Love
Reactions: Evergreen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread