My Top 3 songs of 2019 [Move aside idol groups] (1 Viewer)

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
#1 Wendy - What If Love ⬅➡




#2 IU - above the time ⬆ [NEW ENTRY]




#3 IU - Blueming ⬆ [NEW ENTRY]




This is a first for me.... In my 10 years as a K Pop fan, songs by idol groups have always been in my Top 3. The only non idol group song to have ever reached #1 has been Taeyeon. But here we have Wendy at #1 with her OST 'What If Love'. This has been my #1 song since it's release in early 2019 and with a month to go, I can't see it being topped. Especially when it's on course to becoming one of my favourite songs of all time!
But there are two new entries into my Top 3 (knocking down Dreamcatcher's Piri and Red Velvet's Zimzalabim), and that is IU with her newest releases 'above the time' and 'Blueming'.
Blueming might eventually fall down the order a bit at the year's end. But 'above the time' has cemented it's place within the Top 3 releases for 2019! Could there be a release in December that knocks the song down to #3? Maybe. But for now it will be my second favourite song of 2019.
I haven't stopped listening to the song since it's release the other week. IU's soothing vocals, the instrumentals. All of that, along with the MV (which incidentally is my favourite MV of 2019), all comes together perfectly and makes the song feel like a majestic musical piece.

---

And whilst not really too relevant to the thread.. This is the first time that I've really fallen in love with IU's music. I've enjoyed IU's songs here and there. But I've never found myself loving them the way that I have 'above the time' and Blueming. I've also listened to the rest of the songs on the 'Love Poem' EP, and have listened to the whole album on a number of occasions since it's release. And the b side 'Love Poem' will be in my Top 10 B sides of 2019!!
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I've honestly liked soloist music more than group music this year.
The Love Poem EP was amazing and I like Blueming is close to dethroning Jam Jam as my favorite IU song ever. :sj_weary:
Waiting for Baek Yerin and Jiyeon to close up the year, hopefully on a good note :sanapray:
 
Last edited:

SeulPika

Seulgi's PR Team
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
3,403
Reactions Received
17,163
Location
Edinburgh, Scotland
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,412
Fandom
Reveluv & Uaena
I've honestly liked soloist music more than group music this year.
The Love Poem EP was amazing and I like Blueming is close to dethroning Jam Jam as my favorite IU song ever. :sj_weary:
Waiting for Baek Yerin and Jiyeon to close up the year, hopefully on a good note :sanapray:
Same here! I've been enjoying solo releases alot more than idol group songs this year.
Wendy, Taeyeon, IU, Ailee, Sojung, Alexa, Chungha etc have all been releasing amazing songs this year. (Can I technically count Bol4 as well? Lol)
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
A good selection. IU is definitely proving again how amazing she is
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread