My Year-End Reading Wrap-up! (2 Viewers)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
CALL IT BASIC I CALL IT JUST UNDERSTANDING HE IS THE BEST CHARACTER SIMPLE AS THAF
Oof I stan the ones barely anyone stans...

:pepecry2:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
good call on dnfing the folk of air trilogy. the last book is hot garbage. tho i did love the second one
My biggest gripe with folk of the air is that the mc’s name is jude that’s so stupid for a fantasy book if I’m reading about hot elf guys I want to read fantastical names idc how little sense it makes
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Wow
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
My biggest gripe with folk of the air is that the mc’s name is jude that’s so stupid for a fantasy book if I’m reading about hot elf guys I want to read fantastical names idc how little sense it makes
I just thought he was stupid and so was Cardan tbh....Also I'm not into furry's so the tail threw me off.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Jimimis

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Oh no poor you nlog you like that one guard who couldn’t grow a mustache lmaooooo
MATTHIAS NINA AND WYLAN ARE TOP TIER YOU WHORE
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Wow
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
no idea why you even touched it because the cover just looks atrocious
Boy I've read all of his books except his most recent one and loved basically all of them so I figured I'd like this one too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,679
Reactions Received
93,477
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,868
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Hmmm mine is not a detailed as yours nor will i remember them all.

series
i read the Dresden set again including the short story books(17 books 2 ss books all dresden world.) ... then restarted it and am 3 from the end but i read teh last 2 twice all ready this year lol maybe more.

The red sister set . 3 books
dragonlance chronicles. (ie the first set)
EE Doc Smith Skylark series (4 books tiny) assorted lensman books
The foundation trilogy.
Brandon Sanderson Wax and Wayne trilogy, starsight trilogy, legion, dawn shard, Rhythm of War, way of kings.
Fabelhaven sets 1 and 2

jack reacher killing floor.

Farworld set just read book 1 all i could find

Heinlein like citizen of the Galaxy and starship troopers ect

restarted wheel of time too.

did not finish the amber set ( i am 6 or 7 books in)


all i can remember right now.

least fave new read the Jack Reacher,

most fave new read Sanderson's legion (interesting take on multiple personality disorder.)


fave over all is butcher atm this year i was obsessed .. must have more books....

fanatsy
sci fi
dominated,
 
  • Love
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Haiku

.
Joined
26 November 2021
Messages
3,179
Reactions Received
3,849
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I want to start reading more but I get bored super fast. Have you ever felt like that? I'm not sure if it's the book I'm trying to read or just my mind not being able to focus lol. Maybe I should try audio books..
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I want to start reading more but I get bored super fast. Have you ever felt like that? I'm not sure if it's the book I'm trying to read or just my mind not being able to focus lol. Maybe I should try audio books..
I have ADHD so I often times will start reading a book and then need to put it down. I'm a pretty slow reader because of it I only read so much this year because my library has a decent audiobook collection.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Haiku
D

Deleted member 74

that hunger games prequel..tragic and I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist because the original series is one of my all time favourites :headache:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
that hunger games prequel..tragic and I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist because the original series is one of my all time favourites :headache:
omfg bless Im so glad I'm not the only one who hated it. ALSO HIIII OMFG LONG TIME NO SEE!!!!
 
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 74

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I recently finished the first book in The Diviners series, I haven’t heard many good things of the next book and I’m so scared to read it. :jisoosmh:I really loved the first one so much.

My favorite books from this year is The Two Lives of Lydia Bird and Parachutes. Despite DNF’ing some anticipated books and not really liking some others, I found some great books and read a little over 70 books which is the most I ever read so I’m happy with it. :pikahappy:
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Exi

message @Nina for my discord <3
.
Joined
28 September 2021
Messages
5,549
Reactions Received
53,023
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,908
Ship
Wreck
HELLO MY DUDES!

I am a big lover of reading and all things books so I decided to make an end of year book thread.
In the hopes that you guys will also possibly add some of your own stats.
Or maybe let me know you're least favorite reads and favorite reads of this year.

:pepeheart::pepeheart::pepeheart:


Favorite Read of 2021:

!OBJECTIVELY!
40121959.jpg

This book follows a group of people who are all linked together because of one crazy awful accident that wound up killing a special needs child and a mother.
We follow as the case is taken to court and more and more gets revealed, making it a twisted and confusing mystery that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
It also was incredibly well written and gave a lot of perspective on immigration, disabilities, and motherhood. It was an incredible read and would highly recommend it.
I would just suggest looking up possible trigger warnings.

!SUBJECTIVELY!
52515987.jpg

This little romance story follows two teen girls in their senior year. Scottie plays basketball and is still reeling from a break-up.
Irene is cheer captain and has her shit together. The two are polar opposites and want something completely different but after an unfortunate incident, Irene and Scottie loathe each other. But when Senior year starts more trouble hits as the two crash into each other in the parking lot leading to their parents making a deal for the two to drive to school together until the other's car is out of the shop. But how does this all lead to the two girls (who hate each other) making a deal to fake date?
Also how do they end up...actually falling for each other?

(THE CHEESIEST BUT IN A GOOD WAY READ I'VE EVER READ)

Most Read Genres:
1. Fantasy
2. Thriller
3. Horror
4. Mystery
5. Contemporary/Romance

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.45.06 PM.png

Most Bought/Gifted/Borrowed Genre:
1. Fantasy
2. Horror
3. Contemporary
4. Thriller
5. Sci-fi

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.50.13 PM.png

Months Where I read the Most:
1. February (12 Books & 3,894 Pages)
2. March (7 Books & 2,500 Pages)
3. May (7 Books) & 2,091 Pages)
4. June (7 Books & 2,068 Pages)
5. January (5 Books & 2,170)

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.55.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.55.29 PM.png

Series I completed (Technically...looking at you Bardugo):
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhoades (6 Books)
The Illuminae Files by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman (3 Books)
Monster's of Verity by Victoria Schwab (2 Books)
A Song Below Water by Bethany C. Morrow (2 Books)
Cursebreakers by Brigid Kemmerer (3 Books)
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (3/4 Books)
Nevernight Chronicles by Jay Kristoff (3 Books)
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (2 Books?)

Series I DNF'd:
The Folk of Air Trilogy by Holly Black (2 out of 3 Read)
The Diviners by Libba Bray (1.5 out of 4 Read)
Charlotte Holmes by Brittany Cavallaro (3 out of 4 Read)

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 4.09.17 PM.png

BOOKS I DNF'D

39863307.jpg

(THRILLER/MYSTERY)
28449047.jpg

(HISTORICAL HORROR)
25810025._SY475_.jpg

(POOP/SHITSTAIN)
37584991._SY475_.jpg

(REAL BAD ROMANCE)

WORST READS:
50833559._SX318_SY475_.jpg

(HORROR/THRILLER/MYSTERY)
18045891.jpg

(THRILLER)
51901147._SY475_.jpg

(BORING but as a BOOK/GENRE)


My Personal Summary:
Honestly, this year was a good one. I had far fewer low-rated books than I typically do and I also managed to "read" 58 books. That includes the DNF's. If you exclude those I still managed to read 54 books which is honestly great for me I typically am below 50. I'll partially blame the pandemic and my work situation for the increase. I seriously had a couple of stand out books for me this year-the top ones I mentioned above for one thing But I also want to mention The Beautiful Ones By Silvia Moreno-Garcia, The Project by Courtney Summers, Blood Like Magic by Liselle Sambury, You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle and last but not least The Secret Lives of Church Ladies by Deesha Philyaw.

I also managed to hit my reading resolution for this year which was to either finish or DNF all the series I've started in the last couple of years. I did it.

QUESTIONS:
Ask me anything about the books above or my reading year in general!
What was your favorite read?
Your least favorite read?
Favorite Author?
Good or Bad Reading year?
TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR READING THIS YEAR!!!
:pikahappy::pikahappy::pikahappy:


TAG LIST: @Tickita @RandAlThor @Yukiitan @blossoms @Jimimis @Kitq @Juniverse @Reverie @FLEUR​
Sorry for the late reply, high key I kept forgetting to reply :nekoshy:
the books you DNF'd have titles that remind me of Japanese light novels lol.
Light novels used to have captivating titles but now they mostly put like 90% of the book premise in the title :lisalaugh:


I haven't read a lot of fiction books this year but I've read a lot of books about writing ( I'm in a writing major at uni lol ).
I remember the last pretty good book I read was a memoir called 'Brain on Fire'.
It's pretty raw with the story but the writing was a bit too journalist-y at times. :confusedcat:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread