My Year-End Reading Wrap-up! (3 Viewers)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
HELLO MY DUDES!

I am a big lover of reading and all things books so I decided to make an end of year book thread.
In the hopes that you guys will also possibly add some of your own stats.
Or maybe let me know you're least favorite reads and favorite reads of this year.

:pepeheart::pepeheart::pepeheart:


Favorite Read of 2021:

!OBJECTIVELY!
40121959.jpg

This book follows a group of people who are all linked together because of one crazy awful accident that wound up killing a special needs child and a mother.
We follow as the case is taken to court and more and more gets revealed, making it a twisted and confusing mystery that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
It also was incredibly well written and gave a lot of perspective on immigration, disabilities, and motherhood. It was an incredible read and would highly recommend it.
I would just suggest looking up possible trigger warnings.

!SUBJECTIVELY!
52515987.jpg

This little romance story follows two teen girls in their senior year. Scottie plays basketball and is still reeling from a break-up.
Irene is cheer captain and has her shit together. The two are polar opposites and want something completely different but after an unfortunate incident, Irene and Scottie loathe each other. But when Senior year starts more trouble hits as the two crash into each other in the parking lot leading to their parents making a deal for the two to drive to school together until the other's car is out of the shop. But how does this all lead to the two girls (who hate each other) making a deal to fake date?
Also how do they end up...actually falling for each other?

(THE CHEESIEST BUT IN A GOOD WAY READ I'VE EVER READ)

Most Read Genres:
1. Fantasy
2. Thriller
3. Horror
4. Mystery
5. Contemporary/Romance

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.45.06 PM.png

Most Bought/Gifted/Borrowed Genre:
1. Fantasy
2. Horror
3. Contemporary
4. Thriller
5. Sci-fi

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.50.13 PM.png

Months Where I read the Most:
1. February (12 Books & 3,894 Pages)
2. March (7 Books & 2,500 Pages)
3. May (7 Books) & 2,091 Pages)
4. June (7 Books & 2,068 Pages)
5. January (5 Books & 2,170)

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.55.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.55.29 PM.png

Series I completed (Technically...looking at you Bardugo):
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhoades (6 Books)
The Illuminae Files by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman (3 Books)
Monster's of Verity by Victoria Schwab (2 Books)
A Song Below Water by Bethany C. Morrow (2 Books)
Cursebreakers by Brigid Kemmerer (3 Books)
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (3/4 Books)
Nevernight Chronicles by Jay Kristoff (3 Books)
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (2 Books?)

Series I DNF'd:
The Folk of Air Trilogy by Holly Black (2 out of 3 Read)
The Diviners by Libba Bray (1.5 out of 4 Read)
Charlotte Holmes by Brittany Cavallaro (3 out of 4 Read)

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 4.09.17 PM.png

BOOKS I DNF'D

39863307.jpg

(THRILLER/MYSTERY)
28449047.jpg

(HISTORICAL HORROR)
25810025._SY475_.jpg

(POOP/SHITSTAIN)
37584991._SY475_.jpg

(REAL BAD ROMANCE)

WORST READS:
50833559._SX318_SY475_.jpg

(HORROR/THRILLER/MYSTERY)
18045891.jpg

(THRILLER)
51901147._SY475_.jpg

(BORING but as a BOOK/GENRE)


My Personal Summary:
Honestly, this year was a good one. I had far fewer low-rated books than I typically do and I also managed to "read" 58 books. That includes the DNF's. If you exclude those I still managed to read 54 books which is honestly great for me I typically am below 50. I'll partially blame the pandemic and my work situation for the increase. I seriously had a couple of stand out books for me this year-the top ones I mentioned above for one thing But I also want to mention The Beautiful Ones By Silvia Moreno-Garcia, The Project by Courtney Summers, Blood Like Magic by Liselle Sambury, You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle and last but not least The Secret Lives of Church Ladies by Deesha Philyaw.

I also managed to hit my reading resolution for this year which was to either finish or DNF all the series I've started in the last couple of years. I did it.

QUESTIONS:
Ask me anything about the books above or my reading year in general!
What was your favorite read?
Your least favorite read?
Favorite Author?
Good or Bad Reading year?
TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR READING THIS YEAR!!!
:pikahappy::pikahappy::pikahappy:


TAG LIST: @Tickita @RandAlThor @Yukiitan @blossoms @Jimimis @Kitq @Juniverse @Reverie @FLEUR​
 
Last edited:

Exi

message @Nina for my discord <3
.
Joined
28 September 2021
Messages
5,549
Reactions Received
53,023
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,908
Ship
Wreck
HELLO MY DUDES!

I am a big lover of reading and all things books so I decided to make an end of year book thread.
In the hopes that you guys will also possibly add some of your own stats.
Or maybe let me know you're least favorite reads and favorite reads of this year.

:pepeheart::pepeheart::pepeheart:


Favorite Read of 2021:


!OBJECTIVELY!


This book follows a group of people who are all linked together because of one crazy awful accident that wound up killing a special needs child and a mother.
We follow as the case is taken to court and more and more gets revealed, making it a twisted and confusing mystery that keeps you on the edge of your seat.
It also was incredibly well written and gave a lot of perspective on immigration, disabilities, and motherhood. It was an incredible read and would highly recommend it.
I would just suggest looking up possible trigger warnings.

!SUBJECTIVELY!

This little romance story follows two teen girls in their senior year. Scottie plays basketball and is still reeling from a break-up.
Irene is cheer captain and has her shit together. The two are polar opposites and want something completely different but after an unfortunate incident, Irene and Scottie loathe each other. But when Senior year starts more trouble hits as the two crash into each other in the parking lot leading to their parents making a deal for the two to drive to school together until the other's car is out of the shop. But how does this all lead to the two girls (who hate each other) making a deal to fake date?
Also how do they end up...actually falling for each other?

(THE CHEESIEST BUT IN A GOOD WAY READ I'VE EVER READ)

Most Read Genres:
1. Fantasy
2. Thriller
3. Horror
4. Mystery
5. Contemporary/Romance


Most Bought/Gifted/Borrowed Genre:
1. Fantasy
2. Horror
3. Contemporary
4. Thriller
5. Sci-fi


Months Where I read the Most:
1. February (12 Books & 3,894 Pages)
2. March (7 Books & 2,500 Pages)
3. May (7 Books) & 2,091 Pages)
4. June (7 Books & 2,068 Pages)
5. January (5 Books & 2,170)



Series I completed (Technically...looking at you Bardugo):
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhoades (6 Books)
The Illuminae Files by Jay Kristoff & Amie Kaufman (3 Books)
Monster's of Verity by Victoria Schwab (2 Books)
A Song Below Water by Bethany C. Morrow (2 Books)
Cursebreakers by Brigid Kemmerer (3 Books)
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (3/4 Books)
Nevernight Chronicles by Jay Kristoff (3 Books)
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (2 Books?)

Series I DNF'd:
The Folk of Air Trilogy by Holly Black (2 out of 3 Read)
The Diviners by Libba Bray (1.5 out of 4 Read)
Charlotte Holmes by Brittany Cavallaro (3 out of 4 Read)


BOOKS I DNF'D

39863307.jpg

(THRILLER/MYSTERY)
28449047.jpg

(HISTORICAL HORROR)
25810025._SY475_.jpg

(POOP/SHITSTAIN)
37584991._SY475_.jpg

(REAL BAD ROMANCE)

WORST READS:
50833559._SX318_SY475_.jpg

(HORROR/THRILLER/MYSTERY)
18045891.jpg

(THRILLER)
51901147._SY475_.jpg

(BORING but as a BOOK/GENRE)


My Personal Summary:
Honestly, this year was a good one. I had far fewer low-rated books than I typically do and I also managed to "read" 58 books. That includes the DNF's. If you exclude those I still managed to read 54 books which is honestly great for me I typically am below 50. I'll partially blame the pandemic and my work situation for the increase. I seriously had a couple of stand out books for me this year-the top ones I mentioned above for one thing But I also want to mention The Beautiful Ones By Silvia Moreno-Garcia, The Project by Courtney Summers, Blood Like Magic by Liselle Sambury, You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle and last but not least The Secret Lives of Church Ladies by Deesha Philyaw.

I also managed to hit my reading resolution for this year which was to either finish or DNF all the series I've started in the last couple of years. I did it.

QUESTIONS:
Ask me anything about the books above or my reading year in general!
What was your favorite read?
Your least favorite read?
Favorite Author?
Good or Bad Reading year?
TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR READING THIS YEAR!!!
:pikahappy::pikahappy::pikahappy:


TAG LIST: @Tickita @RandAlThor @Yukiitan @blossoms @Jimimis @Kitq @Juniverse @Reverie @FLEUR​
I can’t see some of the attachments as I’m on my phone but I’ll be sure to reply later ^_^
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I can’t see some of the attachments as I’m on my phone but I’ll be sure to reply later ^_^
Oh thank you!!! Hopefully they show up later!
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: RandAlThor and Exi

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

Magician

girl in the bubble ☆
.
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
29,345
Reactions Received
36,273
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
66,410
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
A great wrap-up!
:kittylove:

And I absolutely agree with Home before Dark and the Hunger Games prequel as worst books
:susPepe:

The Beautiful Ones and You Deserve Each Other sound really good, I need to add them to my tbr list
 
  • Like
Reactions: RandAlThor

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
What was your absolute favourite book from This year:pepeheart:
Honestly definitely Miracle Creek. The writing was addictive and then the story it told was intense but very raw and upsetting. It hit all the marks of what I would consider a great read. I learned so much from it as well at least in the way of perspective.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
This year I didn’t get much reading done. But it was also the year I got into Chinese webnovels. So mostly my list is confined to that + books I had to read for English class (actually The Scarlet Letter was pretty good) :oliviakek:

The Dumb Husky and his White Cat Shizun became and likely will remain my favorite book for a good chunk of my life because of this one scene that touched me so deeply and means so much to me TT

A book that I’m currently reading and enjoying is Craft: An American History. Since you don’t have much nonfiction listed maybe tackle it next year~

ALSO, I AM ALWAYS FREE TO SCREAM ABOUT SIX OF CROWS. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
This year I didn’t get much reading done. But it was also the year I got into Chinese webnovels. So mostly my list is confined to that + books I had to read for English class (actually The Scarlet Letter was pretty good) :oliviakek:

The Dumb Husky and his White Cat Shizun became and likely will remain my favorite book for a good chunk of my life because of this one scene that touched me so deeply and means so much to me TT

A book that I’m currently reading and enjoying is Craft: An American History. Since you don’t have much nonfiction listed maybe tackle it next year~

ALSO, I AM ALWAYS FREE TO SCREAM ABOUT SIX OF CROWS. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND
...important question...who is your favorite character?
 
  • Love
Reactions: Jimimis
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Either Kaz or Inej. Or Jasper too.
:YeKill: Kaz and only kaz owns my entire heart. I could read about him washing dishes for a whole novel and I would rate it 10/10
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
:YeKill: Kaz and only kaz owns my entire heart. I could read about him washing dishes for a whole novel and I would rate it 10/10
YOU SEEM LIKE ABASIC BISH and this has proved it!
:jenniesmug: :jenniesmug:
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
good call on dnfing the folk of air trilogy. the last book is hot garbage. tho i did love the second one
The 2nd one was legit the only good one
:taesquish:
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread