- Joined
- 20 November 2018
- Messages
- 2,581
- Reactions Received
- 10,912
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 0
- Gender
- Female
It still sits dry, the land below my feet
I feel no chance of rain
Or really, so it would seem.
But the rumbling happens, I feel it deep in my bones
The cracking in the distance
The slight shake
The tightness just above my lungs
The drops come slowly at first, one by one,
Until a flood pours down across my face.
The ground below, I'm now drowning
Drowning in an ocean of salt-laced raindrops
I can't fight the rain anymore,
And I wish it to stop.
There is no break, no shield - I am on my own.
A torrential flooding exhausts me
Nothing to hold onto
No end in sight
My feet cant touch bottom anymore
And I have lost my energy
Energy needed to thrive
Energy needed to survive.
Slipping under, a final prayer;
No rain, no rain
You are too heavy for me.
Feed the crops, bless the fauna
But never drown another.
I feel no chance of rain
Or really, so it would seem.
But the rumbling happens, I feel it deep in my bones
The cracking in the distance
The slight shake
The tightness just above my lungs
The drops come slowly at first, one by one,
Until a flood pours down across my face.
The ground below, I'm now drowning
Drowning in an ocean of salt-laced raindrops
I can't fight the rain anymore,
And I wish it to stop.
There is no break, no shield - I am on my own.
A torrential flooding exhausts me
Nothing to hold onto
No end in sight
My feet cant touch bottom anymore
And I have lost my energy
Energy needed to thrive
Energy needed to survive.
Slipping under, a final prayer;
No rain, no rain
You are too heavy for me.
Feed the crops, bless the fauna
But never drown another.