COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Now that we know the PD 48 week 11(crazy long btw) (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Rankings were junk. My thoughts on the final group and possible final group.

The court said just Chowon and Kaeun were hosed so the 2 Korean trainees most mentioned lost out.

That means that that none of the AKS girls got hosed in the final. Therefor the biggest complaint that Japan was under represented by fraud is Crap.

Juri and none of the M's should have been in the group. The final group would have been 9-3 anyway , so I still would have been unhappy personally.

Most of that is a combination of Mnet saying originally that it would be 6/6 then backing out of that just before the show went live, or the feeling that since it was pd 48 the split should have been more representative of the contestants.

This makes me wonder just how strong the AKS vote was. Did knets aggressively target Koreans to get in the group as rumor at the time said and remove the Japanese?

Having just Sakura or even Sakura/ Nako make it would have been even worse.

So baring a horrid PR nightmare of 11-1 or 10 -2.

since the best j line split is 9-3 lets take a look at week 8 placement.
1607037941923.png

By ep 11 the only ep 8 top 12 eliminated is Yunjin
from the court we know Kaeun finished 5 in the week 11 spot 3 spot up from 8, Chowon finished 6 7 spots up from 13 and 3 from 9

We remove all the jline but sak nak hi from week 11 that is Miho Miyu, Miru, Miu 4 out one of whom's(Miyu) spot Chowon gets.

If we assume week 8 pick 12 girls have solid Korean support.

Week 8 Chaeyeon, Chaewon, Yena are out of the 12.
Week 11 Chaewon , Yuri , Yena, Yujin Chowon, Minju are out of the 12. Chowon is in. 3 of the rest make it.

So we need 3 girls, and an evaluation of the other 4 Koreans.

Chaeyeon....... first to fall out of the 12 and still week in Korea but strong internationally. Maybe she is still in that last spot in dynamic. Was her week 11 2 pick driven by Kura couple picks?.. safe to assume. How far did she rise? I think enough. the question is did Chowon get the Chungha vote or did Chaeyeon? Was the center of the finals song enough?

Eunbi ...... solid top 5 until 2 pick and first in female and youth in ep 8. Was that 12 in week 11 a fluke or a trend? Either way i think she is in over Haeyoon and the other 2 Koreans left.

Wonyoung ... girl is in and number 1 could be legit.

Hyewon..... this is interesting did her bumping Chowon again hurt her.... I think it did but not enough to kill her as she seemed to get a lot of older viewer support, and she is so pretty. Bottom third feels right if she makes it.

So of the 5 ep 11 Koreans in the 12 1 is in, 2 are locks, 1 probably and a maybe. Add the Chowon lock and we are sitting 3 or 4 more Koreans.

Yujin feels in she was just too strong all season, but knets could have turned on her for that perceived cockiness deal.

Yena She always had a great attitude, Ill be on your side center had to help some as did all the votes from Yerin and Sihyeon.

Yuri wow super hard Chowon is in as a Main vocal position is the addition of Sian and Gyuri votes enough to get her back in like ep 8?

Chaewon 15 in ep 8 way down in ep 11. But there was a ton of buzz about her those last 2 weeks.

Minju 6 in 8 15 in 11 just too pretty to not make it.

Say Yujin , Yena, Minju. but it is a crap shoot. Chaewon on the bubble. this is 3 /5 ths of the vocal line btw on the bubble.

Now as to the group With Chaeyeon that make 3 house moms. Likely ends up Kaeun / Eunbi with Kaeun leader. Honestly i kinda hate this, they need the mix of Eunbi's goofiness to help the team gel. And Chaeyeon looses this opportunity to really grow. Also if Eunbi is not the leader i do not think she defers so much of the dance spotlight to Chaeyeon, she is more like in pd 48 trying to carve out a place.

Vocal line is weaker with out Chaewon and a real color/ timber issue. Unless Yuri and Chowon make it

Dance line is fine Kaeun is even more sexy than Eunbi but she is in and they have to deal with it.

Over all i think the other IZONE would be somewhat not as strong as the one we have across the board. So much is up in the air over the last 3-4 spots.
Say Yena and Yujin do not make it ...... ouch variety / mc hit.

As long as Kaeun and Chowon get paid ballpark an equal share and mnet pushes Chowon when she does debut and pushed Kaeun's acting. Financially i think this worked out the best for all 14 girls.

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Ep 11 was 2 pick I think
I assume the ppl whose 1 pick was a japanese trainee, they would also have a japanese trainee as their 2 pick
Yep it was 2 pick.
But for 2 years folks were saying that was the real ranking, or were up in arms about only 3 aks girls.

chae kura fans i can see voting together.

Sak Nak sure.

Really do not see Kura Miho combos. More of a Miho / Miyu but that would mean they were almost exactly split.

Miru was all the 50k bonus

maybe Hi Nak or Hi Miu

I could also see a lot of tactical voting like in the dance groups where fans of one girl voted no for the other dancers (which is why none of the dancers were close to the top vocals.) Where folks picked their girl and threw a vote to a Japanese girl they had no intention of supporting.

This is why i more prefer a full group pick over all, i can live with a 1 pick since it it the part they kinda stole from aks :)

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
woah, you must have spent a lot of time on this. it's really interesting !

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
woah, you must have spent a lot of time on this. it's really interesting !
i have watched PD 48 many many times both subbed and thru the eyes of the aks showroom reactors.

kinda these but the subbed ones are mostly all gone.

Megu is in most of them (you can find the entire eps unsubbed still ) she is a monster fan.

its is pretty clear now that the ep 11 ranking scared the holy crap out of the pd/Mnet. That is why they preselected the whole group.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
i have watched PD 48 many many times both subbed and thru the eyes of the aks showroom reactors.

kinda these but the subbed ones are mostly all gone.

Megu is in most of them (you can find the entire eps unsubbed still ) she is a monster fan.

its is pretty clear now that the ep 11 ranking scared the holy crap out of the pd/Mnet. That is why they preselected the whole group.
i love iz*one as is, but i'm so sad thinking about what could have been. i feel for the girls who got rigged out. they missed so many opportunities.

i hate mnet so much, but a terrible part of me wants more 101 shows. with a LOT more honesty and transparency. i don't even know if they could do that.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
i love iz*one as is, but i'm so sad thinking about what could have been. i feel for the girls who got rigged out. they missed so many opportunities.

i hate mnet so much, but a terrible part of me wants more 101 shows. with a LOT more honesty and transparency. i don't even know if they could do that.
yep. the honesty is easy hire accountants :)

Not much to be done about the pd's picking stories as that is kinda the job.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
yep. the honesty is easy hire accountants :)

Not much to be done about the pd's picking stories as that is kinda the job.
that part is to be as expected if you've watched them long enough, unfortunately. maybe even another network can come up with a singing competition that might be better.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
that part is to be as expected if you've watched them long enough, unfortunately. maybe even another network can come up with a singing competition that might be better.
Well i liked this much more than say American Idol who were even worse at the sob story picking.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
☾ groo ☽
Pronouns
☾ he/him ☽
Well i liked this much more than say American Idol who were even worse at the sob story picking.
yeeeah american idol is borderline unwatchable for me :haylul:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
yeeeah american idol is borderline unwatchable for me :haylul:
Not to mention the voting was almost always so jacked up. It is why so few became much of anything. The really good kids lost the fan vote. Females especially got slaughtered at times.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
dont even get me started im still mad juri wasnt picked to debut in izone
I picked a 6-6 team before the final and Juri was in it, i liked her alot from the 1st ep.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread