nugu groups are usually nugu for a reason... (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Often true for the nugus who rose to stardom but what about groups like A.C.E, Oh my girl, VAV, April, ONF, Neopunch ? Because I have listened to every song by them and their discography are gems but they lack the connections and money so the exposure. They need a hit to break through and even with that they aren’t sure to make it. ( Momoland and Crayon Pop are good examples).
That’s true as well, like I said yes it has a lot to do with the company, of course groups that get promoted more are going to be more popular. But for every nugu rookie groups that comes out, there’s a big three group or a group from larger company that has the same concept. I usually check out groups who are rookies, regardless of their company size, and I have found music that I enjoy. But I often times hear the same style of songs, rookies are very saturated. And I’ve noticed that the rookies who at least try to ad their own style to it regardless of concept, usually succeed more. And yes this isn’t always the case, a viral clip could set off a groups popularity and get them going. But having more money isn’t always the key to getting more popular. There are big three group who struggle to chart and grow a fan base despite having a shit ton of promotion and there are smaller groups who do better then big three groups with less promo. Companies are a big part yes, but I think that a groups music and style matters a lot as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Evergreen
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
That’s true as well, like I said yes it has a lot to do with the company, of course groups that get promoted more are going to be more popular. But for every nugu rookie groups that comes out, there’s a big three group or a group from larger company that has the same concept. I usually check out groups who are rookies, regardless of their company size, and I have found music that I enjoy. But I often times hear the same style of songs, rookies are very saturated. And I’ve noticed that the rookies who at least try to ad their own style to it regardless of concept, usually succeed more. And yes this isn’t always the case, a viral clip could set off a groups popularity and get them going. But having more money isn’t always the key to getting more popular. There are big three group who struggle to chart and grow a fan base despite having a shit ton of promotion and there are smaller groups who do better then big three groups with less promo. Companies are a big part yes, but I think that a groups music and style matters a lot as well.
I agree with you but concept-wise the BIG3 aren’t that innovative either nowadays. For example Itzy concept reminds me of Weki Meki.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and amourpinks
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I agree with you but concept-wise the BIG3 aren’t that innovative either nowadays. For example Itzy concept reminds me of Weki Meki.
I agree with that, not every big three group is ground breaking. But they do have more of a push then smaller groups which makes people gravitate more towards them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen and yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread