COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Group [OFFICIAL] EVERGLOW ✨ (에버글로우) Thread (2 Viewers)

Who is your bias?

• E:U

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Sihyeon

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Mia

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Onda

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Aisha

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Yiren

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • OT6

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship

Girls getting to endorse jewelry yasss :sj_weary:

7f8ae92.jpg

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Everglow will sadly not be able to perform at KCON in August this year due to unexpected Visa issues :umjicry:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Cottiny Jewelry CF making film, with English subs.

Yiren is a generational visual, that's all :sj_weary:

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship

I legit feel so bad for them qq..

First comment on there explains it pretty well

TL;DR
Everglow is too new to qualify for the normal performer visa. And they don't really meet the criteria for alternative visas. And the U.S. visa office is probably not going to bend rules for a chinese company getting a visa for a chinese national. World politics is fun.

I feel a little bad for Yiren. I'm sure she and the other members know that her Chinese citizenship was probably the reason for not being able to get Visas (unless something else screwy was happening). And she can't really do anything about it.

I'm pretty disappointed, but maybe they'll do something else. I'm sure they were preparing for their first appearance in the western half of the world. I'd be surprised if they just sat around and let that go to waste.

EDIT: I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out why only Everglow couldn't get Visas

I'm hijacking my own comment after doing a bunch of research into Visas. I was pretty confused about how (G)-Idle got in fine with Yuqi but Everglow couldn't make it.

This question bugged me so I decided to look into the U.S. Visa system.

Performers (singers, athletes, etc.) are supposed to use one of the P Visa categories. The P-1 Visa is specifically for performing groups. Unfortunately, it looks like P-1 requires:

Everglow debuted like 4 months ago. So Everglow/Yuehua Entertainment would either have to get an exception to bypass that requirement or go for a different visa.

What other visa could they go for? I'm obviously no expert, but it looks like it would either be just a standard business/tourism Visa (B Visa) or an Extraordinary Individual Visa (O Visa).

I'm tempted to say that the business/tourism Visa wouldn't work because the music equipment plus their plans to perform a concert would make it pretty fucking obvious that they're an entertainment group which shouldn't be using P Visas. I don't think the U.S. immigrations office takes too kindly to people trying to game the system (especially when it comes to chinese individuals/companies).

So now we're left with an O Visa which is described as being:

For persons with extraordinary ability or achievement in the sciences, arts, education, business, athletics, or extraordinary recognized achievements in the motion picture and television fields, demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim, to work in their field of expertise.
You could argue that Everglow has done pretty well as far as building a fan base and having a song that's kinda popular. But I can kinda see why a 4-month old group with 3 songs might not qualify for the "extraordinary achievement" Visa.

That pretty much concludes all the stuff I found. I'm also tempted to add on that Yuehua probably had very little wiggle room. Yuehua was a chinese company that was trying to get a visa for a chinese national. Of course, the U.S. Visa Office is going to be a lot less willing to bend the rules for them.

It sucks but this is the world we live in.

Also, as cool as secret agent Yiren sounds, I don't think she's super spy material. She's gotta work way more on her seduction technique.

Reactions Received
KS Coins

I legit feel so bad for them qq..

First comment on there explains it pretty well

TL;DR
Everglow is too new to qualify for the normal performer visa. And they don't really meet the criteria for alternative visas. And the U.S. visa office is probably not going to bend rules for a chinese company getting a visa for a chinese national. World politics is fun.

I feel a little bad for Yiren. I'm sure she and the other members know that her Chinese citizenship was probably the reason for not being able to get Visas (unless something else screwy was happening). And she can't really do anything about it.

I'm pretty disappointed, but maybe they'll do something else. I'm sure they were preparing for their first appearance in the western half of the world. I'd be surprised if they just sat around and let that go to waste.

EDIT: I spent a bunch of time trying to figure out why only Everglow couldn't get Visas

I'm hijacking my own comment after doing a bunch of research into Visas. I was pretty confused about how (G)-Idle got in fine with Yuqi but Everglow couldn't make it.

This question bugged me so I decided to look into the U.S. Visa system.

Performers (singers, athletes, etc.) are supposed to use one of the P Visa categories. The P-1 Visa is specifically for performing groups. Unfortunately, it looks like P-1 requires:

Everglow debuted like 4 months ago. So Everglow/Yuehua Entertainment would either have to get an exception to bypass that requirement or go for a different visa.

What other visa could they go for? I'm obviously no expert, but it looks like it would either be just a standard business/tourism Visa (B Visa) or an Extraordinary Individual Visa (O Visa).

I'm tempted to say that the business/tourism Visa wouldn't work because the music equipment plus their plans to perform a concert would make it pretty fucking obvious that they're an entertainment group which shouldn't be using P Visas. I don't think the U.S. immigrations office takes too kindly to people trying to game the system (especially when it comes to chinese individuals/companies).

So now we're left with an O Visa which is described as being:

You could argue that Everglow has done pretty well as far as building a fan base and having a song that's kinda popular. But I can kinda see why a 4-month old group with 3 songs might not qualify for the "extraordinary achievement" Visa.

That pretty much concludes all the stuff I found. I'm also tempted to add on that Yuehua probably had very little wiggle room. Yuehua was a chinese company that was trying to get a visa for a chinese national. Of course, the U.S. Visa Office is going to be a lot less willing to bend the rules for them.

It sucks but this is the world we live in.

Also, as cool as secret agent Yiren sounds, I don't think she's super spy material. She's gotta work way more on her seduction technique.

This sucks! Sad to hear they are going to miss out on KCON LA too, The girls must be really disappointed they got visas denied again. ☹

You really did a lot of investigating! Thanks for all the visa info.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
While it sucks, I'm fine with Everglow taking their time and making more comebacks before they complete a year and attend KCON again. Bon Bon was very well received but a few more bops would increase the anticipation by a lot more :sanapray:

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
This sucks! Sad to hear they are going to miss out on KCON LA too, The girls must be really disappointed they got visas denied again. ☹

You really did a lot of investigating! Thanks for all the visa info.
Oh no I didn't do any investigation the text is from the 1st Reddit fomment

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
New hair colors :nakypog:
Not sure if comeback approaching or just filming for a show but some new content soon hopefully :sanapray:

Reactions Received
KS Coins

Beautiful, Sweet & Cute Aisha!
Hope All Your Birthday Wishes Come True!

Aisha's V-Live Birthday Party!

[#EVERGLOW] HAPPY AISHA DAY💕❤

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I really like this group and their members. Arguably my favorite rookie group of 2019 thus far and I expect great things from them. I am ready to bring the stan if they are ready to bring the bops. :sanapray:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I really like this group and their members. Arguably my favorite rookie group of 2019 thus far and I expect great things from them. I am ready to bring the stan if they are ready to bring the bops. :sanapray:

Hi! Welcome to the thread. Glad you like Everglow and hope you keep following them here.
I'm sure their next song will be another bop and then you will absoutely stan them forever! 😊​

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Ep. 15!

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread