Opinion on military service? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Would you do it if you had to? Would you try to dodge it?
In Israel even women have to do the military service. Some basic training and work for the military. What is your stance on this? Should it be mandatory everywhere as to protect one´s homeland and turn boys into men or should it be abolished because it keeps sucking the state´s money and it is unnecessary or are you neutral on this? I have heard all the opinions so share yours :).
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
poor kid, is he enlisting with some friends at least?
I am not even sure they'll take him, he was tested both on physical condition and psychological one
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and brekker

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Personally think it should be voluntary, especially during times of peace. I can understand maybe a draft during a war but not if everyone's just chillin'
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
If it was mandatory in the UK, I'd sign up with the Police for sure, not the military.

I used to want to be a Police Officer when I was younger so chances are if mandatory service was a thing here in the UK, being a Police officer would be permanent.
:sanapray:
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
If it was mandatory in the UK, I'd sign up with the Police for sure, not the military.

I used to want to be a Police Officer when I was younger so chances are if mandatory service was a thing here in the UK, being a Police officer would be permanent.
:sanapray:
so when playing cops and robbers we know which one you were :D
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
and yet it is one of the most peaceful and neutral countries ever :D. the irony :D
I mean, as far as being a really dangerous profession compared to other countries, UK police thankfully don't have to put up with too much along the lines of guns. Thankfully our gun control is great. Not perfect, but still one of the best in the world.

But there is certainly enough major crime in the big cities. I would have worked up to being an NCA officer and I lowkey regret not trying out for the Police when I was younger lol.

EDIT: I noticed your reply was to Mairi, not me, but I'll keep this here anyway cuz why not.
:lisalaugh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Mangoey

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I never want to do military service ever as I'm not the best with physical activities and war is scary :wimwim:
Military service during times of war not being mandatory for women is probably one of the few reasons why I'm glad that I was born as one. Though for the sake of equality I feel like men and women should be treated the same and what's required of men should be required of women.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
I never want to do military service ever as I'm not the best with physical activities and war is scary :wimwim:
Military service during times of war not being mandatory for women is probably one of the few reasons why I'm glad that I was born as one. Though for the sake of equality I feel like men and women should be treated the same and what's required of men should be required of women.
Even if it was mandatory, I would have been judged unable to join the army because I have such a low physical condition lol
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Mangoey

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread