COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Papermag's ranking of 40 best Kpop songs of 2020 (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Original article here:

Did your fav songs make it? What do you make of the list?

1. Red Velvet- Psycho
2. Stray Kids- Back Door
3. Taemin- Criminal
4. Apink- Dumhdurum
5. ITZY- Wannabe
6. Pentagon- Daisy
7. TXT- Can't You See Me
8. Oh My Girl- Nonstop
9. BTS- Black Swan
10. Bang Yedam- Wayo
11. Twice- I Can't Stop Me
12. GFriend- Mago
13. Ateez- Answer
14. Red Velvet- Irene & Seulgi- Naughty
15. NCT U- From Home
16. Everglow- La Di Da
17. Weeekly- Tag Me (@Me)
18. Agust D- Daechwita
19. Blackpink- How you like that
20. NCT 127- Kick It
21. Seventeen- My My
22. A.C.E- Goblin (Favorite Boys)
23. StayC- So Bad :sj_weary:
24. Golden Child- One (Lucid Dream)
25. IU ft. Suga- Eight
26. SuperM- Tiger Inside
27. Hwasa- Maria
28. (G)I-dle- Oh My God
29. Demian- Cassette
30. Sunmi- Pporappippam
31. The Boyz- Reveal
32. Dreamcatcher- Scream
33. LOONA- Star
34. DRIPPIN- Nostalgia
35. Baekhyun- Candy
36. MCND- Ice Age
37. Wonho- Open Mind
38. Weki Meki- Cool
39. Max (TVXQ)- Chocolate
40. Aespa- Black Mamba/Treasure- Boy (tie)

Personally I think it's a nice collection of bops and a lot of my fav songs have been featured on the list, however most of the top 10 rankings seem kinda out of place, I'd have replaced them with some from 11-20.

@ARMY @Reveluv @Blink @Once @Orbit @NCTzen @SuperM @Miracle @Moa @Neverland @Stay

Last edited:

eclipsoul

barbie (2023) fan account
Reactions Received
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Orbit
Pronouns
she/her
as much as i wish i could forget everything that happened at that time, i remember that psycho was released in december 2019 so what is it doing on a 2020 list :jisoosmh:

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Oh Kick It!
:pandahappy:
Yess Kick It and Wannabe had arguably the 2 most iconic choreos this year :sanapray:

as much as i wish i could forget everything that happened at that time, i remember that psycho was released in december 2019 so what is it doing on a 2020 list :jisoosmh:
Alas that’s the fate of these late December songs lol, I think it was released just a week before the year end or something so they probably considered it for this year lmao. Or they wanted to have Psycho at #1 so just did it :haylul:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
OFC love to see RV, Apink and gfriend represented.

But like the thing yesterday I have no idea if they are more than some folks and a opinion.

I personally cant really make a representative list since i am very narrow in what i spend my time on.

But ill say
psycho
naughty
Drumdumdrum
mago
tag me
Happy
and izone titles and b sides
Catalogue bias songs.
along with hkt and akb performances took the vast majority of my music time.

maybe an nct dance practice or 2 cuz they are just so good.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
by week 2 Dec Its too late for all the 2019 lists shoot many dec songs get counted the next year awards and all start so early.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Yess Kick It and Wannabe had arguably the 2 most iconic choreos this year :sanapray:

Alas that’s the fate of these late December songs lol, I think it was released just a week before the year end or something so they probably considered it for this year lmao. Or they wanted to have Psycho at #1 so just did it :haylul:
2 days before Christmas. Plan was probably to own as much of Jan as they could but stuff happens.
no promos at all aside from that fan meet.
Meteor blew up and any song showed up :

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
2 days before Christmas. Plan was probably to own as much of Jan as they could but stuff happens.
no promos at all aside from that fan meet.
Meteor blew up and any song showed up :
Yeah the timing kinda fell off, and with Wendy's accident just around Christmas time, it just never felt the same. Wish we could have gotten more performances, this is def their biggest hit stats wise since Red Flavor.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
Apart from Psycho being on this list being nonsensical other than people rushing to get top lists of the year out before the year is even done :pandatea: I saw Stray Kids as second and immediately lost interest in the rest of the list since that's just a lie.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
Apart from Psycho being on this list being nonsensical other than people rushing to get top lists of the year out before the year is even done :pandatea: I saw Stray Kids as second and immediately lost interest in the rest of the list since that's just a lie.
You do not think Dec/Late Dec songs should be the following year so that reception can be accurately judged?

Most the award shows run Dec to Nov some Nov to Oct. Everyone has their nominees out now for 2020 except maybe KDA do not remember seeing them.
That way the list at least is valuable as a frame of reference to whom folks will see or have seen win?

Not that this particular list is gospel i have no idea who they are btw.

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
You do not think Dec/Late Dec songs should be the following year so that reception can be accurately judged?

Most the award shows run Dec to Nov some Nov to Oct. Everyone has their nominees out now for 2020 except maybe KDA do not remember seeing them.
That way the list at least is valuable as a frame of reference to whom folks will see or have seen win?

Not that this particular list is gospel i have no idea who they are btw.
Well in terms of award shows whereever you put the cut off point you are going to affect the month you cut it off at so for November then HIP as an example is screwed because of when it was released while Psycho gets a full year run based on it being released in December.

As the year goes though i'd argue that November would be the most optimal time to start counting from if anything given that December comebacks are usually avoided due to the barrage of Christmas songs taking over the charts and everyone tries to comeback in November instead.

The only one it really matters for overall is Gaon as they need 30 days to reference a songs success which makes me question why they moved their awards forward and now have to start at December but I can only imagine it was to be closer to GDA and SMA.

For personals lists though they don't have this problem and can make a list for whenever they feel like and I end up seeing multiple people making their lists mid way into December even if there are still other comebacks to go just because they aren't particularly interested in the comebacks which is ultimately their decision but it's always been puzzling to me.

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
La Di Da was robbed. it’s SOTY

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
A.C.E at 22 is criminal but at least they are on it smh
You'll probably like their rank on this list a lot better :jenniesmug:

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
You'll probably like their rank on this list a lot better :jenniesmug:

it's what a.c.e deserves :junweary:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread