People getting shit for using AAVE is the most insane shit I've ever seen (2 Viewers)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Aka essentially using black slang.....
Not using derogatory terms.... just.... slang....

That shit is just insane, should I get mad at any russian who speaks estonian bcs they used to oppress us and tried to kill off the estonian language?
Ofc fucking not, that would be insane.

Shit has gone so far that you will get shit for using words other ppl invented, words that aren't even meant to insult!
what. the. actual. fuck

Not to mention once again.... why does this extend to EVERYONE in the world, even the people who themselves have precisely nothing at all to do with oppressing black people and whose ancestors have precisely nothing at all to do with oppressing black people.

EDIT: Welcome to the questionable world of Maruberry political-ish rants. The worth of my opinions is up for debate
 
Last edited:

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
The whole we own this you can't use this, really has to stop.
Last I checked we all share this world together.

singling out people is just the worse thing.
It's not like people are using it in a bad way.
But to exclude people just for saying it alone, that's stupid.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
The whole we own this you can't use this, really has to stop.
Last I checked we all share this world together.

singling out people is just the worse thing.
It's not like people are using it in a bad way.
But to exclude people just for saying it alone, that's stupid.
Like yeah, I get getting mad if they are using it to mock
I get being mad if that person is extremely racist, but still uses those terms....

but just a flat no, you can't use this????

Is just.... insane
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Like yeah, I get getting mad if they are using it to mock
I get being mad if that person is extremely racist, but still uses those terms....

but just a flat no, you can't use this????

Is just.... insane
Yeah it's not good and is a toxic mindset to have, well and truly.
We have enough hate in the world already. we don't need a pile up of further hate.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
imo they should just educate themself on where it comes from, but they're free to use it
But like talking as smbdy who learnt english mostly from the internet.... I'm not going to look up the origin of every word or slang I learn! I don't actively learn them in the way that I sit down and study them.

I see other ppl using it and pick it up as well, often without even really realizing where I picked it up from.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dark_tranquility
Joined
8 April 2020
Messages
2,021
Reactions Received
4,721
Website
miracleboysatori.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Non-Binary
Ship
Wreck
But like talking as smbdy who learnt english mostly from the internet.... I'm not going to look up the origin of every word or slang I learn! I don't actively learn them in the way that I sit down and study them.

I see other ppl using it and pick it up as well, often without even really realizing where I picked it up from.
but like if someone says "that's aave" they should do research
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It's not about oppression but it really makes no sense, y'all don't do it right and 99% it's used as "meme language" and like it's a joke. So much as so that people genuinely think it's "internet slang". Some people go the extra mile and basically base their whole personalities off of "sassy black people" and "ghetto"

Also why does one adopt another dialect for funsies? That's very weird
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
It's not about oppression but it really makes no sense, y'all don't so it right and 99% it's used as "meme language" and jokes. So much as so that people genuinely think it's "internet slang"

Also why does one adopt another dialect for funsies? That's very weird
Why does one adopt another dialect for funsies?
Bcs I never learnt one specific english dialect!

The slang and words I use are from all over the place, at times I use the english spelling and then american the next time!

If I find a word I like, I use it, bcs NOTHING of this language was native for me!
 
  • Like
Reactions: VillageIdiot
Joined
14 April 2020
Messages
1,013
Reactions Received
1,693
Location
Ga Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It depend on how u use it if ur using it to impersonate a black person then that a problem if ur just saying it cause it popular or u just say that then what the prob.

 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It's not about oppression but it really makes no sense, y'all don't do it right and 99% it's used as "meme language" and like it's a joke. So much as so that people genuinely think it's "internet slang". Some people go the extra mile and basically base their whole personalities off of "sassy black people" and "ghetto"

Also why does one adopt another dialect for funsies? That's very weird
Before someone calls me sensitive, this is what most people have a problem with
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry
Joined
14 April 2020
Messages
1,013
Reactions Received
1,693
Location
Ga Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Before someone calls me sensitive, this is what most people have a problem with
what the hell wrong with her



i should do that but she older than me
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Why does one adopt another dialect for funsies?
Bcs I never learnt one specific english dialect!

The slang and words I use are from all over the place, at times I use the english spelling and then american the next time!

If I find a word I like, I use it, bcs NOTHING of this language was native for me!
Everything in moderation
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
what the hell wrong with her



i should do that but she older than me
Yeah I can't bring myself to use Tiktok or beauty youtubers anymore.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry
Joined
14 April 2020
Messages
1,013
Reactions Received
1,693
Location
Ga Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah I can't bring myself to use Tiktok or beauty youtubers anymore.
i use miss darcie and love tiktoki don't have tho but if i did i would just leave a smart comment or leave it alone
 
Joined
14 April 2020
Messages
1,013
Reactions Received
1,693
Location
Ga Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I said this before and I'll say it again: in a few years, you are not even allowed to speak another language other than your mother tongue cuz it'll be seen as "offensive"
It already happened
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Overuse of slang is cringe 100% of the time no matter where it comes from
In general, 99% don't have an issue with using some AAVE in a normal way. The problem is using it as meme way where you're basically mocking and clowning black people, overusing incorrectly or using it as a means to talk to black people gets a swift side-eye.
Some people put stereotypical black personalities on like it's a new makeup style. It's weird and high-key creepy:welp:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread