Poll: NCT- Empathy era (2018) vs Resonance era (2020) (1 Viewer)

Best NCT era?


  • Total voters
    5

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
This is a copied thread but regardless, what do you guys think? :wimwim:

Empathy era is when I officially became a stan so I have a soft spot for it, plus we got Boss, Baby don't stop, Go, Touch, Yestoday and other songs, and Lucas/Jungwoo debuting as new members. On the other hand I feel Resonance utilized the NCT system a lot more effectively and gave us a lot more exciting combinations of members and just as strong a discography so I'll pick Resonance.

What about you guys?

@NCTzen
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I think Resonance was executed much better.

I'd say Empathy was the trial run with a lot of kinks and problems to figure out. Resonance went by much better (although still not perfect)
Yeah they still hadn't figured out everything about the NCT concept and how to best utilize it during Empathy era. That being said we got some bops including Boss and BDS which are 2 of the more iconic NCT songs and it pulled in a lot of new fans lol.

But Resonance feels a lot more polished and well planned, and I love some of the unit combinations we got to see here, seeing Xiaojun for instance alongside Jaemin and Taeyong/Jaehyun/Doyoung felt pretty unreal lol.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I liked the songs and mvs a lot better in the empathy era. Resonance fell flat for me
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I liked the songs and mvs a lot better in the empathy era. Resonance fell flat for me
The songs are on about the same level for me but yeah the Empathy era MVs were definitely on a different level lol. I think the pandemic kinda restricted them from really going all out this time, of course SM might have just stuck with the box MVs again, but MVs like Boss have such great locations and are so aesthetically pleasing, and Yestoday is on a budget but still really creative and fun. And Baby don't stop is basically the best performance version of an MV ever filmed imo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Empathy as for music, but Resonance has better marketing? I just feel they might not be realising their concept is turning many people away. The more members they are adding, the worse it gets, just an opinion. They are all talented artists for sure, but it is better when they are separated into groups.
 
  • Like
Reactions: QueenB

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread