Popular groups that aren't discussed much on KS? (1 Viewer)

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I feel like this is happening to many third gen groups now (beside BTS and Blackpink obviously). Slowly starting to fade away like 2nd gen groups now that 4th gen is really starting to expand. I could be wrong though. SM is also doing a shit job at promoting EXO.
They really are it makes me sad bc EXO is so amazing and could actually make them a ton of money but SM is stupid so nothing new ig
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hoemantic

Hoemantic

Armageddon
.
Joined
14 June 2021
Messages
4,563
Reactions Received
6,241
Location
Supernova
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,475
Pronouns
he/they
They really are it makes me sad bc EXO is so amazing and could actually make them a ton of money but SM is stupid so nothing new ig
It really sucks. They have NCT now so they don't care about EXO anymore. It seems to be that way a lot with that company.

Now people reading this I ain't attacking NCT, I'm not saying it's their fault. It's SM fault.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yili
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Tbh I have always wondered where companies get money to pour into idols I wouldn't be surprised if many go into debt to debut just one group :/
I think they just get money from sponsors from other countries? kpop is pretty popular in Japan, China (though they´d probably be careful to admit that, ehm) too? so hopefully that could help? I am sure there ARE fans in SK but apparently not as many as one would imagine. but I have never been to SK so don´t take my word on it. but I could imagine that most groups do have to try very hard to succeed in their home country even more so than internationally.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Yili

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
It really sucks. They have NCT now so they don't care about EXO anymore. It seems to be that way a lot with that company.

Now people reading this I ain't attacking NCT, I'm not saying it's their fault. It's SM fault.
It's ok SM loves to drop their groups for new ones and it's always annoyed me that they can't even manage to promote them all decently at least. As a person who ults nct they high-key overpromote nct and underpromote basically everyone else even Aespa
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hoemantic

Hoemantic

Armageddon
.
Joined
14 June 2021
Messages
4,563
Reactions Received
6,241
Location
Supernova
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,475
Pronouns
he/they
It's ok SM loves to drop their groups for new ones and it's always annoyed me that they can't even manage to promote them all decently at least. As a person who ults nct they high-key overpromote nct and underpromote basically everyone else even Aespa
They have so much money, they can literally afford to promote everyone equally but they choose to be lazy instead.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yili
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Yeah, the ones who stay are multis and theydon't bias BTS as their ulti for most of them except @Jimimis and I.
Yeah, kps is literally hostile towards bts/ armys it’s no surprise that it’s only a few who are here. Maybe once staff actually can be bothered to give a damn then kps will actually be active
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,679
Reactions Received
93,477
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,868
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
They really are it makes me sad bc EXO is so amazing and could actually make them a ton of money but SM is stupid so nothing new ig
only kai was at the sm town deal i think .... its natural for a large member 10 year group transitioning thru army to be weirdly promoted.
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yili

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
Mamamoo isn't really discussed despite being active and doing pretty well for themselves which is surprising as it's not even really a Korea thing as Gfriend are more popular than Mamamoo here who would be more affected with not having as much international popularity.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen and Yili

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
you know what is confusing me these days? I have read that kpop is not actually that big in SK? but still how do they get so many views? how can they produce so many idols???
Kpop isn't big to the Korean public and boy groups especially are more so supported by what you'd consider hardcore fans which Korean hardcore fans are willing to spend a ton of money and why Korea is able to hold groups up on their own as stanning is a serious commitment there
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker and Yili

Soogi

radical kyeominist
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
16,140
Reactions Received
24,280
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
Seventeen (probably apart from Soogi I really don´t know anyone else who would talk about them?)
we used to have a lot more users who would talk about svt regularly, but they're all (mostly) inactive now :pandasad:
 
  • Sad
Reactions: brekker and Yili
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Kpop isn't big to the Korean public and boy groups especially are more so supported by what you'd consider hardcore fans which Korean hardcore fans are willing to spend a ton of money and why Korea is able to hold groups up on their own as stanning is a serious commitment there
thanks for the confirmation. I don´t live there so I can´t really judge it, but this is exactly what I had read in the quora discussion. People saying that kpop is actually not big of a deal, apart from some hardcore fans. interesting to know for sure!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus and Yili

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
thanks for the confirmation. I don´t live there so I can´t really judge it, but this is exactly what I had read in the quora discussion. People saying that kpop is actually not big of a deal, apart from some hardcore fans. interesting to know for sure!
Idols tend to trend every now and again like 2016 saw a lot of idol groups being successful but more recently they've really just been supported by hardcore fans and it's very rare that a idol group will get an actual hit and it's more indie artists dominating like right now a solo from one of the singers of Melomance is topping Melon
 
  • Like
Reactions: brekker and Yili
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
you know what is confusing me these days? I have read that kpop is not actually that big in SK? but still how do they get so many views? how can they produce so many idols???
I’ve gone twice and while admittedly I was in the trendier/hip areas mostly it seemed like a p decent popularity. every other shop had a bts or got7 or twice or whatever cardboard cutout and basically all of them were playing kpop. also on the street there would be vendors who sold clothing items that idols wore with a pic of them wearing it (like that rabbit hat that was popular a while ago, it was everywhere)
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: brekker and Yili
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I’ve gone twice and while admittedly I was in the trendier/hip areas mostly it seemed like a p decent popularity. every other shop had a bts or got7 or twice or whatever cardboard cutout and basically all of them were playing kpop. also on the street there would be vendors who sold clothing items that idols wore with a pic of them wearing it (like that rabbit hat that was popular a while ago, it was everywhere)
YOU HAVE BEEN THERE TWICE AND NEVER TOLD ME AAAA? HAAAAA? what?
I can imagine that it is popular among the younger generation though. it would be impossible to escape kpop when your country basically produces a whole different brand of music industry. I hope one day I´m lucky to go only to steal a cardboard cut out of Choi Minho :D
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Jimimis and Yili
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Idols tend to trend every now and again like 2016 saw a lot of idol groups being successful but more recently they've really just been supported by hardcore fans and it's very rare that a idol group will get an actual hit and it's more indie artists dominating like right now a solo from one of the singers of Melomance is topping Melon
yeah, the info I was reading stated that BTS for example WAS really popular in SK in 2016-2017, but right now they are more internationally popular + of course domestic hardcore fans have their fair share.
I was surprised to see for example how popular John Park seems to be. he did OST for Yumi´s Cells and has plenty of other songs out. a popular artist at home, but definitely far from "popular" for international fans.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
yeah, the info I was reading stated that BTS for example WAS really popular in SK in 2016-2017, but right now they are more internationally popular + of course domestic hardcore fans have their fair share.
I was surprised to see for example how popular John Park seems to be. he did OST for Yumi´s Cells and has plenty of other songs out. a popular artist at home, but definitely far from "popular" for international fans.
Yeah when it comes to the public they are more into indie artists which tend to be solo artists and Kpop fans tend to gravitate towards groups more and this does tend to reflect in their success like Bol4 has had multiple 2.5M sellers proving their very popular with the public however they only have 2 albums over 10k sales with one being at 13k and the other being at 25k while you take Gfriend as an example and after 2016 they were able to consistenly hit around 50k+
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: Yili and brekker
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
Yeah when it comes to the public they are more into indie artists which tend to be solo artists and Kpop fans tend to gravitate towards groups more and this does tend to reflect in their success like Bol4 has had multiple 2.5M sellers proving their very popular with the public however they only have 2 albums over 10k sales with one being at 13k and the other being at 25k while you take Gfriend as an example and after 2016 they were able to consistenly hit around 50k+
oh wow, respect. how do you remember all that? :D
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Yili and Abeamus

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
oh wow, respect. how do you remember all that? :D
Well when you have a charts nerd as a friend this is the kind of information you end up hearing about :pandatea:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Yili and brekker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread