Positive News of the Day #1 (1 Viewer)

Panda

.
.
.
.
Joined
24 September 2018
Messages
8,755
Reactions Received
24,302
Location
Somewhere Near Bamboo
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
12
Fandom
Starlight
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
From the last news thread I had made, I realized that a lot of users here tend to stay away from the news because of its negativity.
But, I really want everyone to be aware of what's going on in the world, so, I have decided to make this series in which I will share positive news stories that I find during my day and share them here! I will try to include several articles as well, and hopefully at least one of them will interest you all~


#1

Basically, this article explains how a surgeon team in Australia utilized a nerve transfer procedure to give patients a little bit of function back. Although this is no complete cure, it has helped 16 patients improve in their hand/elbow functions. In some cases, patients would go from having not enough strength to pass a pinch and grasp test to being able to do daily activities!

#2

This article is about a recent discovery by Australian scientists in which they found a specific species of fish, called the "soloist fish," having a song that they all "sing" together. This event happens specifically at dusk and dawn, and over an 80 day study, they realized that these fish were singing a specific chorus (the audio is in the article!).

#3

This article showcases a new study in which they explain that the eco-friendly wind farms have the ability to supply the whole world with 30 years worth of energy. Scientists explain that if all land possible for wind farms would be utilized, they could be 52.5 terawatt of energy.

#4

This isn't exactly positive, but this is an interview from an NPR article in which author Adam Chandler explains his observations on fast food and how it has affected Americans and what kind of image fast food has been given over the years (there's also a little bit of economics in there lmao).

#5


This is something that I personally have been paying attention to! NPR is currently having a special in which they showcase 8 women's music (over a span of time, currently they have showcased two, but this is a month-long project!), and describe their importance to the American music industry!

#6


This NPR article discusses a current issue that has been going on with African collections from back in the day. According to the article, 90-95% of sub-saharan art collections are currently being exhibited and owned outside of Africa, and currently there are debates to give back art artifacts to the nations that they belong to.


I'm not sure whether I will be able to include 6 articles every time I do this, but I will try my best to deliver at least 3 every time I do a "Positive News of the Day" thread. I hope you all enjoy these articles as much as I did ^-^​
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread