Official Post Your Random Thoughts (695 Viewers)

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Yeah, it's trash.

Sorry! You should apply to work at a movie theater though. Most, if all not movie theaters offer free movies, so you can enjoy that perk no matter which chain hires you. They typically hire a lot of people in the spring, so apply in the spring. It's not hard to get a job there and very hard to get fired, all you need to do is have a huge availability in terms of when you can work, and apply at the right time of year and you're all set.
GOD I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW CINEMA PERKS ARE AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE The local cinema is fucking ass though not a lot of people work there, but they have a lot of people employed they just dont roster them enough. Would spring be like autumn here or spirng here btw?
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
GOD I KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW CINEMA PERKS ARE AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE The local cinema is fucking ass though not a lot of people work there, but they have a lot of people employed they just dont roster them enough. Would spring be like autumn here or spirng here btw?
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: velvet

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
That sucks. Are there any other theatres close enough to work at? I personally find I don't mind a slightly longer drive if that means the workplace environment will be better. If that's the case, they might not be looking to hire more people just yet, but I'm not sure, don't quote me on that.

I forgot you're across the world from me. I don't know the direct answer to that, so I'll explain it like this. A lot of families go to movie theatres. They go more often when kids are out of school and don't need to work that around their schedule. Makes sense. Usually, there's a big break in the school year that lasts several months. Apply for the job a few months before that, so that they have time to show you the ropes and train you before it gets too busy to do that. They'll appreciate the help with one of their busiest times/seasons of the year. Hope that answers your question in a way. Don't know how the different hemispheres work, so I couldn't be more specific without risking getting something wrong.
Oh yeah I live in a place with frequent trains + buses so I can get around pretty well :) I love travelling actually

Oh that time's already passed ;-; Summer holidays are starting next week, so yeah i missed that
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Fuck im a failure if i cant even get a job. The place I volunteered at hasn't even called me back :/
 

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Fuck im a failure if i cant even get a job. The place I volunteered at hasn't even called me back :/
Like I'm sorry I don't got experience and literally just came out of high school... more time for movies I guess
 

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Oh yeah I live in a place with frequent trains + buses so I can get around pretty well :) I love travelling actually

Oh that time's already passed ;-; Summer holidays are starting next week, so yeah i missed that
Must be nice to have good public transportation.

Noooooooo! You can apply anyway if you want to, some might still be running short and looking for last minute hires. There's no harm in it. If that falls through, apply in about eight or nine months from now and try again.
 
  • Love
Reactions: velvet

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Fuck im a failure if i cant even get a job. The place I volunteered at hasn't even called me back :/
No, you're not a failure. Many people have to apply to hundreds of places begore they get hired when they get their first job. It sucks, it really does, but it doesn't make you a failure in the slightest. I know it's hard, but keep putting your all into every application and interview and don't give up yet.
 
  • Love
Reactions: velvet

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Must be nice to have good public transportation.

Noooooooo! You can apply anyway if you want to, some might still be running short and looking for last minute hires. There's no harm in it. If that falls through, apply in about eight or nine months from now and try again.
Oh it's great! im lucky enough to know my way around greater sydney well so I know the quickest routes anywhere!

True, I will, thanks <3
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
No, you're not a failure. Many people have to apply to hundreds of places begore they get hired when they get their first job. It sucks, it really does, but it doesn't make you a failure in the slightest. I know it's hard, but keep putting your all into every application and interview and don't give up yet.
It's just demotivating, to apply for somewhere you like but you hear nothing, then nothing, then nothing. I haven't even had an interview yet. I am slow, and a failure.
 

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Great, keep me updated! Also, check out the subreddit called "Movie Theatre Employees" for some funny memes, an insight into what certain aspects of the job might be like, advice for applying and so on. Some things might be different since you're across the world, but most things should be at least somewhat standardized and translate over, so to speak.
Interesting stuff, I'll remember it!
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread

  • snsd2beg