Official Post Your Random Thoughts (544 Viewers)

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
It's just demotivating, to apply for somewhere you like but you hear nothing, then nothing, then nothing. I haven't even had an interview yet. I am slow, and a failure.
That sucks. My advice is to apply for one job a day. Put your heart and soul into the application and spend an hour or two to makeit as perfect as you can. Then, for the rest of the day, do something else, preferably something fun, to distract yourself so you don't constantly think about it. Even if it takes a hundred applictions get a job, you'll get one in just over three months this way.

While you're waiting to hear back, practice your interview skills so you are prepared when it does happen and dont screw it up. Plan to arrive to the interview five to ten minute early. If you arrive to much earlier, it'll either make you look desperate or like you have too much free time in life. If you arrive too late, that tells them youwon'tbeon timeif they hire you, which all jobs will hate, andwill just set a bad first impression in general. Look up what to wear andnot wear to an interview. Do research on the company and have at least a basic understanding of them. Be able to say what you want from the job, outside of money and benefits. Have an answer for why they should hire you instead of another candidate. List your strengths and weaknesses. Ask questions at the end of the interview about stuff like company policies, employee benefits, starting pay and pay raises, how to advancewithin the company and so on. This will show them that you're actually interested in the job and will take it seriously if you are hired, which they will like.
 

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
That sucks. My advice is to apply for one job a day. Put your heart and soul into the application and spend an hour or two to makeit as perfect as you can. Then, for the rest of the day, do something else, preferably something fun, to distract yourself so you don't constantly think about it. Even if it takes a hundred applictions get a job, you'll get one in just over three months this way.

While you're waiting to hear back, practice your interview skills so you are prepared when it does happen and dont screw it up. Plan to arrive to the interview five to ten minute early. If you arrive to much earlier, it'll either make you look desperate or like you have too much free time in life. If you arrive too late, that tells them youwon'tbeon timeif they hire you, which all jobs will hate, andwill just set a bad first impression in general. Look up what to wear andnot wear to an interview. Do research on the company and have at least a basic understanding of them. Be able to say what you want from the job, outside of money and benefits. Have an answer for why they should hire you instead of another candidate. List your strengths and weaknesses. Ask questions at the end of the interview about stuff like company policies, employee benefits, starting pay and pay raises, how to advancewithin the company and so on. This will show them that you're actually interested in the job and will take it seriously if you are hired, which they will like.
I'm sorry I understand that you're helping me and I appreciate it a lot but WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM MEANT TO WORK ON AN APPLICATION FOR AN HOUR!? OH MY GOD. This is a me problem and you don't gotta do anything but my anxiety is actually a bit out of control right now just like reading this stuff. Applications are one thing interviews are another I'm sorry im just freaking out.
 

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I'm sorry I understand that you're helping me and I appreciate it a lot but WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM MEANT TO WORK ON AN APPLICATION FOR AN HOUR!? OH MY GOD. This is a me problem and you don't gotta do anything but my anxiety is actually a bit out of control right now just like reading this stuff. Applications are one thing interviews are another I'm sorry im just freaking out.
I am so sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out. Back when I applied for a job, it took me an hour per application, that's where I got that number from, but I'm a slow worker so it might not take you nearly as long. Also, you don't need to finish an application all at once if it's too much. Work on it for a few minutes, take a break and come back to it later. That'll usually be fine in most cases if that would help.

If you're worried about it, try doing low stress, mock interviews with family members who already have a job and get pointers from them. You won't need to worry about messing up in front of strangers and they can give you advice about what to fix (if anything) and what you're great at. The more you do, the more comfortable you'll be doing them and the less scary they'll be (I hope).

Also, if me trying to help isn't working or is making things worse, tell me to stop and I will. I won't be offended or hurt by it. Ihave anxiety too, so I know what that's like and how it can be.
 

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
I am so sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out. Back when I applied for a job, it took me an hour per application, that's where I got that number from, but I'm a slow worker so it might not take you nearly as long. Also, you don't need to finish an application all at once if it's too much. Work on it for a few minutes, take a break and come back to it later. That'll usually be fine in most cases if that would help.

If you're worried about it, try doing low stress, mock interviews with family members who already have a job and get pointers from them. You won't need to worry about messing up in front of strangers and they can give you advice about what to fix (if anything) and what you're great at. The more you do, the more comfortable you'll be doing them and the less scary they'll be (I hope).

Also, if me trying to help isn't working or is making things worse, tell me to stop and I will. I won't be offended or hurt by it. Ihave anxiety too, so I know what that's like and how it can be.
Yeah I'm sorry can we stop having this conversation now? I apologise deeply seriously, but I've been having this problem since last year. It's not your fault dw
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Yeah I'm sorry can we stop having this conversation now? I apologise deeply seriously, but I've been having this problem since last year. It's not your fault dw
Of course! No worries, I completely understand. Let's talk about something happier instead.
What would you like to talk about?
 
  • Love
Reactions: velvet

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Of course! No worries, I completely understand. Let's talk about something happier instead.
What would you like to talk about?
God im not actually sure, a bit has happened to me but ive been on holidays for two months so everything I remember is like, out of the window lol, hows your week been?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
God im not actually sure, a bit has happened to me but ive been on holidays for two months so everything I remember is like, out of the window lol, hows your week been?
It's been pretty good! I've been watching a lot of YouTube which is always fun yet concerning. Leo (my cat) still loves me as much as ever.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: velvet

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
It's been pretty good! Me and my ex get along great, and I gave him a coloring page I colored in after work today and he liked it. I've been watching a lot of YouTube which is always fun yet concerning. Leo (my cat) still loves me as much as ever.
Ah nice! Happy to see y'all getting along

Oh what videos? Ive been watching too much too lol
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Me too honestly.

Ranking animated movies, and how to make cats like you mostly.
Oh interesting! I've been twitch highlights (mainly of rtgame) and video essays myself!!! And cravity, a lotta cravity
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Christmas version of my turn:

holly and jolly and holly and glee!
holly and jolly and holly and glee!
drink that eggnog put up that christmas tree!
Because santa's coming with presents for me, me, me!

christmas~ (CHRISTMAS!)
mas~ (Christ~mas~)
Christmas~ (CHRISTMAS!)
mas (Christmas~~~)
 

velvet

donghyeon glazer
.
Joined
18 December 2022
Messages
7,684
Reactions Received
9,726
Location
Hali's Heart <<3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,632
Fandom
Lol Guess
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Vroom/Skrrt
Ship
Wreck
Christmas version of my turn:

holly and jolly and holly and glee!
holly and jolly and holly and glee!
drink that eggnog put up that christmas tree!
Because santa's coming with presents for me, me, me!

christmas~ (CHRISTMAS!)
mas~ (Christ~mas~)
Christmas~ (CHRISTMAS!)
mas (Christmas~~~)
This is the stupidest thing I have ever written yet the best
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread