"Psycho" is not better than "%%" (1 Viewer)

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
Can the entire kpop community calm down for just a moment please?

From forums to twitter to YouTube to the back of the greasy kitchen's of KFC everybody mama is proclaiming "Psycho" as SOTY.

And while it is very good it is not even top 5 best girl group songs this year.

I'm having Deja vu right now after what happened with "Fancy". Another good song but just because it's a top group first above average song in two years that doesn't automatically put it above the best songs of other groups.

So let's all just chill out for a day or so and stop acting like kpop was saved by a 8/10 song when nugus have been saving kpop all year with 10/10 songs.

Thank you.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
If not 8 then what's your score?
It is a strong 9,5 for me!

If I am honest, I like Psycho a lot more than ANY song from the last EXO album! I liked Psycho on 1st listen, it is catchy and I can imagine myself listening to it a lot in the future!
 

Drew_B

.
Joined
2 March 2019
Messages
5,950
Reactions Received
15,071
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
2,849
Fandom
MeU
Gender
Male
It is a strong 9,5 for me!

If I am honest, I like Psycho a lot more than ANY song from the last EXO album! I liked Psycho on 1st listen, it is catchy and I can imagine myself listening to it a lot in the future!
9.5???

Do you have "Psycho" over "Come See Me"?
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
9.5???

Do you have "Psycho" over "Come See Me"?
Yeah actually, Come see me isn't really to my tastes! I can't imagine myself listening to it and I have it on no playlists!
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I love Eung Eung alot and Psycho is a wonderful. My personal soty still would be Me & You tho
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Psycho is no Oopsie my bad but still pretty good :taesip:

I'd say %% is def better although fav girl group song this year is undoubtedly The Fifth Season.
 

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
Much of the enthusiasm is due to the context.

Many on Allkpop and elsewhere have perceived RED VELVET to be in a slump of sorts recently. Since Peekaboo/Bad Boy reception has been more mixed among fans vocal on our forums. Combined with more mixed chart performance since their Red Flavor peak, and you had a narrative that some fans worried about and detractors especially latched on to. There was an environment of anxiety around RED VELVET. The narrative of RED VELVET's "decline".

Enter Psycho. A song that is easy to like, solidly catchy set to a high quality MV with a distinct aesthetic and vibe and fun branded choreo. The song is topping charts and performing well both within Korea and abroad. Koreans haven't embraced a RED VELVET title to this degree in awhile now.

In such an environment.... This is being perceived as a return to form by many. Vindication of RED VELVET's status and reputation that was being questioned.

Thus the elation.

Though I adore Psycho, and think it's their best title since Really Bad Boy (I'm often at odds with many Reveluvs in my championing of that song), I do love Eung Eung to a higher degree.

But not everyone is going to pick the same song of the year. One man's treasure is another man's trash, as they say.
 
Last edited:
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
59,615
Reactions Received
93,432
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
187,216
Fandom
WizSoneLuv
I actually like UU more i think i am still deciding.
But this song is charting better position wise than every gg song this year.
Like it or not that is legit hype for the song.
Its charting this well over a holiday.
This says it all its Christmas eve people, and they missed ktl by under a k and twice by 30k that is crazy general public support on a day when most have a ton of other things to do.



for gg this year is a hit.
very very few gg songs have been hits.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Drew_B and dooh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread