- Joined
- 4 November 2018
- Messages
- 17,947
- Reactions Received
- 38,146
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 16,470
- Fandom
- inspirit
- Gender
- Female
- Pronouns
- Goddess
- Ship
- Wreck
*So just to give a disclaimer I have not watched this show. I don't even really know the full context of it or the challenges really either so any of my thoughts are straight up just my thoughts and what I thought was the best performance to me verses the worst. This isn't meant to be hateful but I am very opinionated and may upset you if you don't like to hear anything negative about your favorite girl groups*
-signed a girl group stan <3
1. Oh My Girl-Destiny
So I'm going to be honest-I hate the original song and yet somehow Oh My Girl made me like it. I always thought it was just too bland for me but they added some color and flare to it that made me really enjoy it. First of all the opening and the entire feel of the stage was consistent and beyond gorgeous but somehow heavy and elegant. I don't know how they managed to give off such contrasting feelings all at once but they did. They managed to put their softest vocals in the right places and their strongest ones in the right places creating a very beautiful flow to the song. Also the vocals in this were just to die for and Mimi's rap was just ugh killer. They really dominated here and changed the song to make it their own while still keeping it true in some way.
2. AOA-Egotistic
So I was pleasantly surprised. This is one of my more favorite songs from MAMAMOO and I was unsure of how AOA would pull it off but they fucking did. I loved the suites they danced in like I don't know they took the song and added their own sex appeal to it and I really adored it. I also loved Jimin's opening and Chanmi's little rap bit as well. Also they managed to have so much fun with this stage on top of it all-near the end I saw Jimin smiling so wide and looking like she was having the time of her life. I FELT THAT and it made me like it more. Also, the addition of the dancers was just a big fucking fat yes from me.
3.(G)I-dle-Fire
So I will say I don't think ANY group can compare to 2NE1 which is why it's great that none of the girls for this round were trying to be the groups whose songs they were performing because otherwise, they would've failed. I personally loved the little changes that (G)I-dle made to this song, they managed to revitalize it and make it their own without completely ruining an iconic classic. I loved the vocals because they matched the overall song well and the dance break was fitting and they had great stage presence. It was nothing that could compare to the original per se but it was still well done in my opinion.
4. Bom-Hann
So I wasn't mind blown by this performance but it was still well done and put together. The back-up dancers did a great job with making the stage more visually appealing than it would've been with just Bom performing up there by herself. Bom looked stunning in her outfit. Her vocals gave the sone a completely new sound and style while still holding true to the original which I already loved. I enjoyed it.
5. Lovelyz-Sixth Sense
Someone explain to me why they chose this song? Don't get me wrong-Lovelyz are a VERY talented group of young women but this song was just a bad choice. First of all, it is iconic in so many different ways that trying to alter it in any way just is a no go for me personally. The other issue is that while some of the girls vocals really matched the song and gave it impact, majority of them weren't hard-hitting enough or too soft in general and really took away from the POWER that comes with this song. There are some songs that you can change and alter and still manage to make it sound great and then there are others that you should never DARE touch. Sixth Sense is one of them. To top it off once again only some of the girls could really rock the overall feeling of this song. I was hoping to be blown away and I wasn't. Also props to Sujeong because her vocals really fit this song.
6. MAMAMOO-Good Luck
What the actual fuck.
-signed a girl group stan <3
1. Oh My Girl-Destiny
So I'm going to be honest-I hate the original song and yet somehow Oh My Girl made me like it. I always thought it was just too bland for me but they added some color and flare to it that made me really enjoy it. First of all the opening and the entire feel of the stage was consistent and beyond gorgeous but somehow heavy and elegant. I don't know how they managed to give off such contrasting feelings all at once but they did. They managed to put their softest vocals in the right places and their strongest ones in the right places creating a very beautiful flow to the song. Also the vocals in this were just to die for and Mimi's rap was just ugh killer. They really dominated here and changed the song to make it their own while still keeping it true in some way.
2. AOA-Egotistic
So I was pleasantly surprised. This is one of my more favorite songs from MAMAMOO and I was unsure of how AOA would pull it off but they fucking did. I loved the suites they danced in like I don't know they took the song and added their own sex appeal to it and I really adored it. I also loved Jimin's opening and Chanmi's little rap bit as well. Also they managed to have so much fun with this stage on top of it all-near the end I saw Jimin smiling so wide and looking like she was having the time of her life. I FELT THAT and it made me like it more. Also, the addition of the dancers was just a big fucking fat yes from me.
3.(G)I-dle-Fire
So I will say I don't think ANY group can compare to 2NE1 which is why it's great that none of the girls for this round were trying to be the groups whose songs they were performing because otherwise, they would've failed. I personally loved the little changes that (G)I-dle made to this song, they managed to revitalize it and make it their own without completely ruining an iconic classic. I loved the vocals because they matched the overall song well and the dance break was fitting and they had great stage presence. It was nothing that could compare to the original per se but it was still well done in my opinion.
4. Bom-Hann
So I wasn't mind blown by this performance but it was still well done and put together. The back-up dancers did a great job with making the stage more visually appealing than it would've been with just Bom performing up there by herself. Bom looked stunning in her outfit. Her vocals gave the sone a completely new sound and style while still holding true to the original which I already loved. I enjoyed it.
5. Lovelyz-Sixth Sense
Someone explain to me why they chose this song? Don't get me wrong-Lovelyz are a VERY talented group of young women but this song was just a bad choice. First of all, it is iconic in so many different ways that trying to alter it in any way just is a no go for me personally. The other issue is that while some of the girls vocals really matched the song and gave it impact, majority of them weren't hard-hitting enough or too soft in general and really took away from the POWER that comes with this song. There are some songs that you can change and alter and still manage to make it sound great and then there are others that you should never DARE touch. Sixth Sense is one of them. To top it off once again only some of the girls could really rock the overall feeling of this song. I was hoping to be blown away and I wasn't. Also props to Sujeong because her vocals really fit this song.
6. MAMAMOO-Good Luck
What the actual fuck.