Question to Orbits... (1 Viewer)

Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
So, obviously today the Cherry Bomb dance practice thing came out and obviously they slayed!~ So because of that I was really on a LOONA binge, so I was watching more of their lives and content and while watching them... I feel like there are some members which get better treatment than others? Like obviously it's a big group, but I just feel that members like Gowon, Vivi, Hyunjin, and especially Yeojin get really under appreciated? I don't know, but it's just noticeable to me that they never get the good parts in songs or their dances despite all being capable of doing a great job. And I know in title tracks they might want to give the popular members more lines, so I checked out their b-sides line distribution, but even in those they're almost always last and don't really get a chance to show off their vocals.

So the question to orbits: do you think that some members get better treatment than others or do you think it's fairly equal? And: do you think it is an issue or is it something that doesn't really bother you too much?
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
some members do get more attention, but that's how it is in a lot of groups, not a problem for me
if nobody can understand that vivi is one of the best visuals, not my problems
 
Joined
15 November 2018
Messages
3,333
Reactions Received
8,736
Location
☼ Shine brighter than the Sun ☼
Website
www.HOW-TO-BE-AS-PERFECT-THAN-ME.Com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18
Fandom
MY/Sone/reveluv
Gender
Male
Pronouns
whatever i don't care
it's the same in any group

but yes I admit that it hit me the most today when watching the Cherry bomb video and i saw their bad editing
they literally take out Vivi and Yeojin of the cover during the dance break to put them when the dance break was end
and it make me sad that even during a cover BBC don't want to let them show their potential

i just hope they'll be able to have solo songs in future album like during their pre debut so they can shine
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
it's the same in any group

but yes I admit that it hit me the most today when watching the Cherry bomb video and i saw their bad editing
they literally take out Vivi and Yeojin of the cover during the dance break to put them when the dance break was end
and it make me sad that even during a cover BBC don't want to let them show their potential

i just hope they'll be able to have solo songs in future album like during their pre debut so they can shine
This is actually exactly what inspired this post! During the Cherry Bomb cover I had to keep searching for them until I realized they took them out? Idk it just made me a little bit sad, especially since they're some of my favorites.

I also really hope they'll have more solo songs and hopefully more subunit stuff, which is a little more equal than their group stuff, but sadly Yeojin doesn't even get that... I don't really like how they excluded her... I get that it's part of the story line or something but would it really have hurt to put Yeojin in 1/3 so she can be with the rest of the girls.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
It happens in every group it's just going to happen more often in bigger groups. On the bright side each member has a solo and a sub-unit they are in where they can shine more.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
some members do get more attention, but that's how it is in a lot of groups, not a problem for me
if nobody can understand that vivi is one of the best visuals, not my problems
yeah i guess it does happen in every group. it still makes me sad that they almost never get any attention though :(

vivi is indeed a top tier visual though.
 

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yeah i guess it does happen in every group. it still makes me sad that they almost never get any attention though :(

vivi is indeed a top tier visual though.
queen vivi :sanapray:
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
This is actually exactly what inspired this post! During the Cherry Bomb cover I had to keep searching for them until I realized they took them out? Idk it just made me a little bit sad, especially since they're some of my favorites.

I also really hope they'll have more solo songs and hopefully more subunit stuff, which is a little more equal than their group stuff, but sadly Yeojin doesn't even get that... I don't really like how they excluded her... I get that it's part of the story line or something but would it really have hurt to put Yeojin in 1/3 so she can be with the rest of the girls.
I don't think her not being in 1/3 was part of a storyline, I think it was to do with her parents wanting her to focus on school so she had limited time to be part of Loonas activities (her solo was filmed during winter break and her part in Love Cherry Motion was filmed in summer break and same for her part in Everyday I Love You but with spring break).
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I don't think her not being in 1/3 was part of a storyline, I think it was to do with her parents wanting her to focus on school so she had limited time to be part of Loonas activities (her solo was filmed during winter break and her part in Love Cherry Motion was filmed in summer break and same for her part in Everyday I Love You but with spring break).
Oh really? I had no idea. That's a actually good for her then, I hope she can continue school. It's good that she has parents that care for her. Thanks for letting me know!~ Hopefully once she gets older she can join one of the subunits.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
it sadly happens with most groups.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,256
Reactions Received
76,671
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,870
Ship
Wreck
Oh really? I had no idea. That's a actually good for her then, I hope she can continue school. It's good that she has parents that care for her. Thanks for letting me know!~ Hopefully once she gets older she can join one of the subunits.
Hopefully 1/3 since then she'd be with Haseul.

As for the OP I do think the bias is definitely there but as a Buddy I did also see Sowon and Umji getting about 2 lines between them on a Gfriend title track so it happens.

As well though Loona still do perform the solos and sub-unit songs at times so at least it's not like they never get the chance to shine it's just more exclusive.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Hopefully 1/3 since then she'd be with Haseul.

As for the OP I do think the bias is definitely there but as a Buddy I did also see Sowon and Umji getting about 2 lines between them on a Gfriend title track so it happens.

As well though Loona still do perform the solos and sub-unit songs at times so at least it's not like they never get the chance to shine it's just more exclusive.
yup, I'd like for her to be with Haseul too. They seem almost like sisters to me.

And yeah, I guess it does happen a lot... maybe it's just me being salty.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Wasn't Vivi and Yeojin removed from the Cherry Bomb cover so Hyunjin and Jinsoul can be a part of some of the scenes?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and yeji
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
idk I'll have to watch it again. I don't 100% remember.
Yup cause they start with 9 members (without Jinsoul and Hyunjin plus Haseul who is currently on hiatus). They removed Vivi and Yeojin in the changing of the scene then everybody is there for Winwin's dance part.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yup cause they start with 9 members (without Jinsoul and Hyunjin plus Haseul who is currently on hiatus). They removed Vivi and Yeojin in the changing of the scene then everybody is there for Winwin's dance part.
oh alright, makes sense. why is Hasuel on hiatus again? Was it something to do with her health or something?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and yeji
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
702
Reactions Received
2,084
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
oh alright, makes sense. why is Hasuel on hiatus again? Was it something to do with her health or something?
BBC only said it's for personal reasons. I'm thinking that it has something to do with her grandmother passing during Butterfly promotions. That's just my speculation too. Based on the comments in the video, Haseul learned this dance too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Skinnny and yeji
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
3,675
Reactions Received
13,340
Location
Idol Hell
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
BBC only said it's for personal reasons. I'm thinking that it has something to do with her grandmother passing during Butterfly promotions. That's just my speculation too. Based on the comments in the video, Haseul learned this dance too.
Oh that's right, I remember the announcement of her grandmother passing away. she's probably hurting a lot right now, so it's probably best she went on the hiatus. I hope she ends up joining them next comeback, if she feels better.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread