Sensitive Racism towards black and white foreigners has rose in China due to Coronavirus (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Since the coronavirus started in China lot of chinese living abroad as well as other asians got treated unfairly and badly, people not only avoiding them put also yelling them racist stuff and even attacking them regardless if they had lived in the country years and had no chance of even being carries of corona. But, now that the situation has worsened in other parts of world than in Asia, and there is fear of another wave of virus coming to China- the attitudes towards foreigners have worsened.

It has been reported that black people living in the China have been denied access to hotels and restaurants. McDonalds got heat over one of their restaurants in China havign note in English banning black people of entry. The restaurant later apologized.



However this wasn't one time thing. Especially in Guangzhou region lot of africans have been thrown out of hotels and restaurants. Some families with childs have had to spent nights on streets. It's also rumoured that police of the region has told restaurants and bars to deny black people from entering them. Some African diplomats have been reaching China over these issues, but Chinese officials have so far stated that there hasn't been issues.

Some people of my country have also told to news outlets how they have been yelled and spat on and how they have been denied entry to various establishments. One of them told how people have told her and her half-chinese children to leave the country since they don't belong there.

--

I think it's bit ironic how things have turned around, but it's not surprising at all. People are quite simple with stuff like that. They get easily scared and start to fear unknown, outsider. Someone who is easy target, who can easily be blamed- and who is different from them so they can feel better about themselves.

I guess world won't get closer with crisis like this, it will get further apart and more selfish : (
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
This is saddening. They are fighting ignorance and hatred with more ignorance and hatred.
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
What comes around goes around...
I never understood this tho.
Yes non-Asians have said racist things with this virus and it's childish and unbelievable that this still happens. But we are talking about 1% or something (which then gets attention cuz it gives clicks to news sites).
Just because I'm white doesn't mean that I should get racist comments because someone else was unfortunate enough to come across a racist with white skin color.
There are a lot of white people who are working towards a better world for all people, yet a few seem to feel justified that they can be racist to a random white person now.

You can't expect racism to go away and everyone accepting each other when you go around being racist towards the "racist people" and feel like it's justified. It is not. Never.
I used to actively try to educate my racist environment but whenever I see comments being racist towards white people "cuz whites are racist" I'm like "nah, screw this. It's not worth the fights and me getting kicked out of the house for this when the people I am "defending" in front of racists just go do racist stuff themselves".
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I never understood this tho.
Yes non-Asians have said racist things with this virus and it's childish and unbelievable that this still happens. But we are talking about 1% or something (which then gets attention cuz it gives clicks to news sites).
Just because I'm white doesn't mean that I should get racist comments because someone else was unfortunate enough to come across a racist with white skin color.
There are a lot of white people who are working towards a better world for all people, yet a few seem to feel justified that they can be racist to a random white person now.

You can't expect racism to go away and everyone accepting each other when you go around being racist towards the "racist people" and feel like it's justified. It is not. Never.
I used to actively try to educate my racist environment but whenever I see comments being racist towards white people "cuz whites are racist" I'm like "nah, screw this. It's not worth the fights and me getting kicked out of the house for this when the people I am "defending" in front of racists just go do racist stuff themselves".
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

To lighten the mood, here is TY with an octopussy
TY_octopus.png
 
Joined
8 March 2019
Messages
6,995
Reactions Received
12,662
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
691
Fandom
Exo L
Gender
Male
Ship
I used to actively try to educate my racist environment but whenever I see comments being racist towards white people "cuz whites are racist" I'm like "nah, screw this.
Its not funny, but sort of ironic that the non-whites you are referring to are using two racist sentiments (i.e. All Whites are evil/racist) in the same instance... But I can sort of relate [to your point] as I grew up in an area where some Native Americans espoused racist views towards whites and asians and blacks... But were upset when someone uttered stereotypes or made disparaging comments about their group/culture.. Similar to how an acquaintance of mine tried to discredit the pulse nightclub attack by bringing up domestic terror attacks against her tribe.
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,396
Reactions Received
151,407
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
So which country is going to volunteer to be the ones to start being racist against Latinos? Can't leave anyone out of this mess can we :worry:
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I never understood this tho.
Yes non-Asians have said racist things with this virus and it's childish and unbelievable that this still happens. But we are talking about 1% or something (which then gets attention cuz it gives clicks to news sites).
Just because I'm white doesn't mean that I should get racist comments because someone else was unfortunate enough to come across a racist with white skin color.
There are a lot of white people who are working towards a better world for all people, yet a few seem to feel justified that they can be racist to a random white person now.

You can't expect racism to go away and everyone accepting each other when you go around being racist towards the "racist people" and feel like it's justified. It is not. Never.
I used to actively try to educate my racist environment but whenever I see comments being racist towards white people "cuz whites are racist" I'm like "nah, screw this. It's not worth the fights and me getting kicked out of the house for this when the people I am "defending" in front of racists just go do racist stuff themselves".
I think you misunderstood the intention behind my comment. Unfortunately, we live in a world where most people think that responding aggression with aggression is fair or useful.
The Coronavirus just came to let out the inner racist of a lot of people, I don't think this is something related to a specific race or ethnicity.
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
ugh:jisoosmh: I understand there were racist comments against chinese people in the beginning, but damn, those were particular cases and getting revenge is so childish
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread